Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Republicans posted:

I really hope the raid lair is open this week but I fully expect it to not be.

They usually open it one week after the expansion hits.

Looking forward to more Destiny and more poo poo posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Republicans posted:

They said the lair will have completely different loot, right?

Yeah, all new armor, guns, ships and sparrows, it doesn't look like any gear or areas are actually being copy-pasted here which was a legitimate fear for a lot of people, myself included.

Think of CoO as the equivalent of Dark Below for D2, the new raid is unique and made from the ground up but will be smaller in scope compared to Leviathan, bit like how Crota's End was quite small compared to Vault of Glass. Calling them raid lairs seems like an example of Bungie setting expectations.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 5, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I should add the raid lair won't be open for at least another week.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Still no clan chat. :pwn:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

And I had only just hit 260.

Guess it'll still be two weeks from never when I get to finally see the raid.

The raid entry level was reachable with blues then and it's still reachable with blues now. As long as you do anything in the game your level will reach the requirement for the raid.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'll wait until next week's update and raid lair availability until passing opinion on CoO but right now I don't think it's really much of an improvement over Dark Below at the same stage of Destiny 1's life. The team was supposed to improve their output by now. The amount paid for this expansion was definitely excessive.

edit: I was also really attentive to the story but I have no idea what the "curse" of osiris actually is.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 6, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Minrad posted:

it's very good that a full price triple A game has full price DLC with the great majority of new collectible items gated behind purchaseable loot boxes

it's like you're getting reamed in the rear end by all the poo poo parts of gaming, at the same time

I thought this was an exaggerated complaint, but then I looked up what's in the season two eververse boxes, and it's literally the majority of new shaders, ships, sparrows and other collectable items introduced in the expansion. It's crazy. They've moved all the potential interesting and varied rewards players could get for doing things in the game, onto a kiosk you have to spend real money on to have an appreciable chance at getting one of the hundred or so items you have your eye on.

Predatory? Maybe.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

General Emergency posted:

Thanks for the replies to my problems picking a class. They were not really all that helpful

destiny_thread.txt

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Is the chest cooldown tweak part of the 12th December update then? I picked up two planetary items on Mercury in a row, then opened a chest about five minutes later and it was empty.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Norns posted:

Putting Prometheus lens on Xur was the right call

Unironically this, it's a good temporary balance fix until it gets patched

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Literally nobody complains about or uses xim/xim spoofing on the pc, it was a manufactured controversy by console players.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

:agreed: i'm going to be genuinely sad when they fix it.

They already nerfed ammo return on the raid sword

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

PVP Solution: Shut down the game servers.

See you all in Anthem when it launches in 2022.

Anthem is going to make Eververse look like a charity

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

If you guys have that cooperative RPG loot itch that needs scratching and you're getting a bit fed up of Bungie's mishaps, the Monster Hunter World beta for playstation owners is on its last day right now and it's preeeetty good.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Back Hack posted:

Man, this week's reset is brutal, offline for 7 hour.

So, like every week then basically. In Europe it's a game that's not available one day of the week. We're used to it

Norns posted:

So what's everyone going to meltdown over this week?

Probably something like masterwork weapon multikills actually only giving orbs like 1-2% of the time

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Lord Packinham posted:

They should just have an MMO style subscription to this game.

A subscription wouldn't justify the lack of content

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Dietrich posted:

I'm pretty sure the idea is that with a subscription you would fund more content.

That's what Bungie said about Eververse.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Norns posted:

*Plays game for 600 hours*
"God there's no content this is aids eat butts"

Shut upppppppppppp

Nearly every post you make, you act like you've been personally slighted.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

wyoak posted:

No, prestige went up too

It's going back down to 300 so that players without curse of osirus can still participate in it

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Jeza posted:

I have proof that Destiny 2 takes place in a Vex simulation, and that proof is that the 4 times I have received weapons from Cayde chests, all of them have been The Number

There was an item description in the first game that basically said the entire setting of Destiny is virtually guaranteed to be a vex simulation, all of it. I can't remember the exact item but it was one of the relic slot items, maybe a warlock one.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Skoll posted:

Sooo.. who were all the pyramid ship people from the end of D2's campaign then? The Vex?

The darkness in concrete form, they've been hinted at quite a lot. If you were ever around for Destiny 1, this was on their installation/update screen;

Both the vex and the hive worship them, and I think the cabal does as well if I'm understanding Calus right. The fallen are the odd one out, they actually used to worship the traveler and were guardians back in their day until the traveler abandoned them to flee the darkness (hence 'the fallen')

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I honestly don't mind cosmetic MTX, but cosmetic appearances are a huge part of Destiny and there's a bigger emphasis on eververse than is reasonable in the eyes of a lot of players. There need to be more sparrows, ghosts and emotes dropping from ingame activities that you can specifically target. At the moment you can get those items from simply playing the game (which is good!) but no way of targetting specific ones.

MTX are here to stay though - 30 years ago games on the Amiga or Commodore were often made by two or three guys in a shed and sold by a distributor for £30. Today games are sold for £50~ which is basically the same amount adjusting for inflation, and now that has to take care of a company like Bungie that employs 800+ people! Even with millions of games sold, something has to give way unfortunately. Selling cosmetics is an elegant solution that's handled a bit wrongly in Destiny's case.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I think it's retroactive as well, so if you've turned in ten engrams before the update, you'll have all the items available to buy.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

treizebee posted:

Doesn't Xur set up his shop on the flashpoint planet?

oh nooooooo 😱

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tsarbomb posted:

I have to say, I'm really missing fighting the hive on the moon. It really felt like a bit of a dungeon crawler descending into the depths of the moon for those few strikes. I have yet to have that feeling in any of the current strikes.

A large part of this is the strikes in D1 being part of the story, the strikes in D2 are detached and don't really have anything to do with anything. The Curse of Osiris strikes are basically story mode missions with an extra two players and some remixed lines.

Also the moon in D1 felt a lot more sci-fi and 'in space' compared to D2's locations, so you miss that atmosphere. D2's locations are pretty but they don't evoke that sense of being in space. Earth is Earth, titan is a couple of oil rigs that could have easily been in the Pacific ocean, Io and Nessus are two recolors of Nevada, with Earth-like skies and environments. D1's locations beyond Earth all gave a solid feeling of being in space.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Oh wow, I finally got a masterwork weapon (the jack queen king 3 handcannon) and it's amazing. Orbs on multikills own, and I actually feel powerful again. It's one of the best additions to the series. Now I just need to upgrade my auto rifles up. At last, something to work towards for in this game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Can I get Radiolarians (or whatever) from any public event or just the one on Mercury?

I got them from chests and public events on the other planets too. Titan has quite a few chests and public events closely bunched up together, so try that area in a pinch.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Hallowfire is supposed to be awesome with the new and improved sunbreaker titan, apparently with that equipped the grenade cooldown is something like 20 seconds or so

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tatsuta Age posted:

how the frick do you win trials, good gravy its hard

The hardcore players are all that's left in trials, all the casuals have gotten refunds. The best time to get flawless is at the start of any major patch or content drop.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Does anyone else have issues with this game being awful at loading things? I've noticed I'll just have oddly long loading times, or I'll get stuck on loading boundaries in the middle of levels and sometimes inventory is just super slow to load or loot will be the spinning icon until it disappears. I think it might be related to bandwidth thing since I usually notice it when I'm trying to watch something on youtube, but I have pretty fast internet and haven't ran into this problem on any other game. Is there anything I can adjust to make this better?

Loading into new areas is matchmaking, but your inventory loading just sounds like a bad drive, I've had instant inventory forever. The only time I've seen spinny loading symbols on inventory was on the console version.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Origin Story is an easy-to-control, hard-hitting 450RPM auto rifle with rampage perk. I don't know what you're referring to by 'that other gun', maybe Uriel's Gift? That has high calibur rounds which is godlike in crucible, plus it's a gun that's also a hard-hitting, easy-to-control 450PRM archetype.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Apparently there's another bungie mess-up or something? What did they do now

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The game owns with a controller, I'm not gonna sit hunched over a desk like Quasimodo lmao

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

:bungie: made a post

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240613535?sort=0&page=0

Of note is that they are working on masterworks armor, including the ability to choose the stat type (recovery/mobility/resilience).

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I think masterwork armor will do something else instead (it's implied in the posting) since you're wearing 5 of them at once. I'm hoping for a return to D1-style perks. Orbs give health, ability recharge, etc. Make the masterworks weapons and armor synergize a little.

A small part of me thinks they may delay the second DLC a little, I like to think Bungie has been burned at least a little by their almost-weekly mishaps and community frenzies. Adding all these new systems based on feedback in the interim has got to shake up plans a little.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 19, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

E: I swear to god I posted this before, but since it's on sale right now, can you guys sell me on Destiny 2? I wanna be a space wizard or whatever and use crazy rear end abilities and fly around in Halo style Banshees and poo poo, is this the game for me?

It's nothing like Halo and is extremely limited compared to it especially in competitive multiplayer. D2 is a proof-of-concept and will remain so for a couple of years.

The thing about Destiny is that it has a loyal, hardcore fanbase, but that same loyal, hardcore fanbase will absolutely not hesitate to tell you not to play it, it's a pretty unique game in that regard. I have hundreds of hours across both games but can't recommend it to you. You've been warned

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tei posted:

I hope next year get us a destiny killer. The Division was almost there, Wildlands was a contender. I am too old to go back to Warframe.

I am going to avoid games with loot boxes and all that poo poo. Is going to be hard, maybe I will go back to indie games.

The only Destiny killer is Destiny.

Blizzard is making an unannounced FPS with vehicles according to their jobs listings page and it very likely isn't going to be OW2 since vehicles clash with the concept of individual character roles and designs. Who knows if it's going to be their answer to Destiny/The Division/Anthem? It's a genre with so much potential yet seems bizarrely unfulfilled. Destiny came out in 2014 yet has very few copycats.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Really, my biggest complaint with Destiny is all the loot and cool things that are locked behind eververse and not the in-game activities. I know you get bright engrams very often but the game is designed around eververse. Eververse should be designed around the game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm legit considering throwing an endless amount of money at her until I get the Acrius ornament, the last thing I want. I don't want to wait for her to sell it. Did the same in D1 for Special Ops ornament, eventually got it at like $85 lmao

:negative:

If you're not making this up - you are legitimately and seriously part of the problem and a major reason why Destiny 2 is in such a terrible state.
Your $85 has dictated the direction D2 has gone in far more than any player feedback ever will.

🔔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

It's really easy to spot the Americans in this thread, government regulation is seen as some sort of bogeymen by them. Newsflash - the government regulates literally everything you have and everything you do. The chair your fat rear end is sitting on right now isn't collapsing precisely because the government set strict standards for consumer safety. Your computer isn't going to blow up in your face because the electrical standards have been set by the government. I could go on all day.

Government regulation of ~muh video games~ isn't going to set your hair on fire, in fact it's probably needed in the face of EA/Activision's unscrupulous and unchecked MTX pushes and would be welcome by anyone with more than two brain cells. Mobile gaming has already been put in check by several first world countries, ensuring that accidental purchases aren't so easy to make, and refunds are done more easily and quickly.

• Locked thread