Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

COMING ON DEC 12:
*Faction armor and weapons buyable directly with tokens and shards, based on number of engrams claimed
Does anyone know the deal with this except for speculation yet?

Hopefully at the very least, will it track how many turn in's you've done on an account or character already? (My meager turn ins have ended up very lopsided as it is, given the incentive to turn in with your highest power level dude when not praying for armor).

Or will it be starting from zero, further delaying the goal to finish off that set you've been chasing since launch without spending 400+ more tokens on random rolls first, per character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
While I really hope I'm proven wrong, Scout Rifle nerf will probably err on the side of telling people on both sides "Everything is fine, just Git Gud :smug:" while MIDA still reigns and High impact scouts still get poo poo on.

MIDA had 100 aim assist stat (and my buddy the Skyburner had 80). Nameless Midnight of course was the runner up for Kinetics 62 assis, while the Manananrama had 72, making the explosive guns the most aimassisty this side of exotics. Meanwhile High Impact scouts got assist stats in the 30s ranges,

So if that's implemented simply as stated, lowring of aim assist at longer rangers. PvP will still be allow for comfortable MIDA standoffs, while the scout rifles will be kind of extra hosed against PvE enemies taking potshots at you which are why you brought a scout rifle in the first place over a hand cannon.

Aim assist nerfs you won't really see hurt the MIDA would still screw over most Scouts for PvE for doing their supposed job. While any amount of aim assist slashing that would seriously effect PVP, would REALLY gently caress over PvE scout mans. Or I guess you can pick up a long range scope scout and make it useless for half the combat from the other direction :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 5, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know if you're thinking of consoles specifically but aim assist in regards to pve on the PC seems like a moot point since AI enemies move incredibly predictably, or slowly, or basically not at all while they're being shot so it's very easy to cap domes (and/or tummies in the case of the vex), no aim assist really required
Well yeah, for anything that isn't "please bring a scout rifle to avoid falloff" rangers. When you're getting shot at, you'd like to hit skull with your scout on the first two tries rather than "Whoops, only hit that distant psion in the chest so he isn't quite dead-ooooh he killed a teammate."

Or rolling your eyes as your high impact scout rifle with one of the highest range stats in the game like the Frontier Justice can't quite finish off explosive drones in the exodus black strike mission in three shots even though those are super easy targets. "okay, fine. I'll two-shot them from across the room with my Skyburner handcannon. Sure glad scouts are so fairly treated when they aren't named MIDA or Midnight."

Obviously this being a console shooter played with KB+M has given my middling aim a huge leg up. But scouts that are not the meta darlings don't let me nail headshots while strafing five feet past someone's skull like a handcannon at twice it's optimal range to double tap an enemy that needs three shots to kill in a scout's optimal scope range. Being told "Just aim better!" is cold comfort when even consistently hitting your shots can end up pretty lackluster as it is with most scouts.

EDIT: What part of "I'm talking about the impact an intended PvP/MIDA nerf will have on PvE/Not MIDA", seems to be going over heads? (This was a rather poor response to SMG chat, I'll admit)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 5, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wilekat posted:

Had no luck getting Curtain Call or Sins of the Past, but it turns out there's another cluster launcher in Osiris :toot:
While it will mean actually TRYING to grind tokens for once, I'll be very glad for the "Give me things I don't have yet" option supposedly upcoming. Even though I did luck out with Curtain Call as one of my few strike turn ins, I want to fill out the rest sometime rather than getting a 5th Nightshade pulse.

I'm more curious if there will also be a way to go "Give me armor pieces I'm missing" specifically. Particularly with the still limited vault space, if you can't specify then sharding weapons you don't use could mean "Give me something I don't own!" giving you back a Rattler you just sharded for the seventh time while trying to get the Io armor.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

it's even more frustrating because i haven't even gotten purple mods that i like for all my equipment yet and those cost money to roll for and a hefty chunk of change to slot, i should theoretically be spending it on that instead of pretty princess dress up. theoretically.

Right now (at least for me) Kinetic purple mods are on the short list of "Guaranteed purchase with 5 mod materials and 10 shards" so check out the gunsmith if you've got shards to spare. I'm always running low for whatever reason. I guess I spend too much time feeding Blues to my gear and multiple guns of the same category instead of waiting for a same type purple I don't wanna keep.

Everything else has so many options to cram at least SOMETHING into a hunk of armor, or an Energy/Power weapon. No luck on recovery legs? Shove some Solar Melee into your pants in the meantime.

But I've been hanging onto a Minimum Distance I don't use too much, my very first "Came with a purple mod" kinetic, because Kinetic mods are pure strain RNJesus.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 6, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

is it case of "literally best" to slot resilience/mobility/recovery into armors or is it a matter of preference? with the aforementioned nezarec's void warlock running two void guns i've got void grenade and void melee cooldowns in the armor bits i've bothered to slot just to get me my various sources of devour back that much faster, but i'm sitting at 4 resilience and 9 recovery (0 mobility)

but i did take advantage of the kinetic mods at the gun shop, because i swear those things are rarer than any other loving mod in the game

That's because it IS the rarest mod in the game :v: As far as I know, literally the only way to obtain Kinetic modifiers is via the Gunsmith. And normally that means rolling the dice against three other dirt common energy type mods for Energy/Power weapons you'll have your inventory already stuffed full of blues for.

You can defiantly get some nice mileage out of tuning your modifications to your ability preference. My lazy get around to it eventually plans of having super boring as gently caress hard stats and recoil modifications once I have full outfits I'm chasing is not so much for the PvP minmaxing mindset, but the fact they work with every subclass.

Though on that note, remember that Helmets offer a Resilience option, for when chasing stats. They take several other options, but it just makes sense to me for my Guardian to want his helmet to survive getting shot in the goddamned face slightly better. More so than wanting pants that help your cardio, or arms that make you run faster.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's this now about Warlock Synthoceps
Given how often a cause of death for my Warlock is followed by me saying "I miss my Synthoceps" due to expecting the wonderful lunge. Please let this be real.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 6, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just noticed Iokra only has two Meditation flashback missions for me this week, on all my characters. I just ran one, and they still only give you 3 tokens on completion.

It's already throttled enough as it is being a weekly pick up. But if this is a permanent downgrade rather than some season opening hiccup, that's 9 less tokens a week for trying to fill out your cool tutorial outfits.

What, was that one whole almost but not quite one full 10 pack turn in per week really breaking the curve? What a thing to nerf.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

QuasiQuack posted:

The third one is a CoO mission. Finish the campaign and it shows up
Thanks for the confirmation. In hindsight it's a good assumption, but up front all you get is "You're missing a mission". Joke about poorly communicated mechanics go here. December 12th I'll finally get those arms for my Titan, and then continue to use Synthoceps nearly nonstop anyways :downs:

EDIT: Avalon Teal still dropping from Engrams, it's going to be a good season.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 6, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

The new gear is good and I will definitely be trying to collect poo poo but the actual new content is meh as gently caress and extremely repetitive. Whoever said it reeks of trying to meet a deadline was right on the money. Also lol at the heroic adventure god drat. That poo poo was not balanced for a single player, at least not if you're going for the time limit. At least it still lets you finish and get your milestone but that was a big ol' kick in the balls.

With all the talk about solo heroic strikes which I've not tried yet, I'm curious. The menu claims it has Matchmaking, ala normal strikes which had me encouraged given my bite sized bits of play between other stuff.

So how are so many people ending up solo then? Is the matchmaking busted? Is it trying to find people but there's nobody doing heroic strikes so just spits you out in it solo?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Legs Benedict posted:

they're talking about Heroic Adventures, which are things you trigger from Vance in the Lighthouse and are PL300 with Nightfall-style modifiers

:downs: Oh, huh. That sounds hopefully interesting? But I can see the confusion about content that's normally solo in the first place suddenly designed around "We were kind of expecting a fireteam, even if you can pro shoot your way through solo"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

poemdexter posted:

Anyone know if cryptarch engrams that he sells can contain exotics?
Probably not, though I could have sworn I heard someone mention that Xur would eventually have a "Roll for an Exotic you do not own yet" option. I would assume if so, for the usual below par light level to ensure no using Grind A to get past Grind B.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Stormgale posted:

In case anyone cares, looks like you break the new softcap around 310 light (you start getting 302 blues) pretty consistent with the old system
Thanks for the heads up. Has it been nailed down where the new point Blues finally catch up to Purples again? Though I suppose maybe I'll be finally saving up on shards in the meantime when it's back to blues not even being worth thinking about as fusion fodder. "Cool, I got a 303 cape from a purple engram. Let's feed that to my Crucible cape for one shard. Oh hey I got a blue cape, what's that? 298. Into the garbage you go immediately."

EDIT: But seriously, this is going to save me so many shards in the short term by stopping me from spending 4 shards a pop at the drop of a hat to infuse blues into my backup pants and butt cape wardrobe.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

Yeah, that sucks. I'd like Osiris to take more a part in the vanguard now that he has more support/spotlight. Have a strike where him and Asher Mir snipe at each other's vex research while you blast away at a vex mind looking to restore Panoptes to the timeline. Or have him chiming in over Ikora Rey, have her show him up and have him react with pride. Something that gives us more to his character and makes him a part of the universe.
Asher has the best snipes regarding the Vex.

He gave me the Man o War. :downsrim:

It's okay Osiris, your little cult made the only pulse rifle I love

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Argas posted:

If you told me pre-big blog post that buying specific gear off vendors would've required Silver or some other EV thing, I would not be surprised given the state of the gaming industry. I'm glad they didn't go down that path.
It's very good that it's basically just cosmetics with any micro. The whole blow up has always been (very understandably) them doing wacky shenanigans with the experience gains which was already annoying all on it's own to try and encourage buying your cosmetics.

Then the trip and fall face first over the line of "It's just cosmetics, it's cool" where an experience booster consumable in the "Cash also" shop would result in paying money to get gently caress all due to said experience choke out :eng99: So while still infinity superior to anything most of the media outrage has been over regarding micro transaction antics, they dipped their foot in already shark filled water.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Everyone keeps talking about how small Mercury is. But it's not small enough to keep me from wishing I could summon my sparrow :doh: Stealing the occasional interceptor is not the same.

Also, my first time taking the public jump gates and immediately dying upon the edge of the exit ring, even after making sure to take my hands off the keyboard and mouse. And more deaths, and more. loving hunter jumps.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you can now also put resilience on your arms, another new change that i like.
I discovered this because it went straight to my mailbox alongside the new transmat effects from lack of inventory space :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 7, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Oh thank RNJesus, I got the Dune runners immediately before running my Titan through the expansion story. I was afraid of heading through all that walking and Sparrow disabled giant empty fields and hallways without a sprint buff.

EDIT: Which makes the fact my first instant summon Sparrow is from an expansion engram that much more of a punchline while running the story content. If one that looks like an old model, my fancy one is 150 and no instant :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 7, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

General Emergency posted:

I just picked up Destiny 2 and now I have the biggest mental block on picking a class. Someone tell me which class to play.
Eventually you will want one of each as that really helps your overall upgrade speed. I started with Hunter because they have capes and hey gunslinger archetype right?

The only thing I actually HATE about Hunters is their jumps. Hunter jumping is where things always go very wrong for me with the physics engine. Whoops I grazed a wall, time to catapult at a 90 degree angle.

Plus they finally fixed their pants not giving you recovery, so playing hunter through the plot is in a much better place at surviving being shot at. Your cooldown ability dodge roll does not actually dodge anything, you see. And even the one that turns you invisible won't save you when it's enemies spamming AoE shots in your general direction regardless.

Just don't take the "Six Shooter" skill from the top Gunslinger tree until there is confrimation it got a damage fix to go with it's timer fix. See, Six Shooter is a permanent no take backs change do your super with the top tree (The fun one with explosive throwing knives) that gives you +3 more shots of your super, but you had next to no time to use them previously. They recently buffed the duration.

However, the REAL problem with it, was the unspoken damage nerf if you took six shooter. There are gifs floating around where the super couldn't even kill trash mobs if you took six shooter. So while"They'll fix it, stop complaining!" has been quite a common phrase, I must have overlooked any statements confirming if they increased it's damage on top.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The hunter dodge is really selfish, yes, and the other classes have great tools for fixing your mistakes. But those abilities are crutches. I've seen lots of people playing the other classes make dumb decisions in crucible because they rely on their wall or stop to heal in a rift. Play a hunter if you want to get used to not making mistakes in the first place. It's the bootstraps class.

Disclaimer: I play a hunter.
I prefer Chaos Warlock most, because they have the biggest grenade kaboom in the game. But I play Stormcaller in PvP and Strike missions most of all because then my rift will actually give my teamates a buff that requires them to stand inside a tiny circle for an hour :shobon:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

General Emergency posted:

Thanks for the replies to my problems picking a class. They were not really all that helpful - beside the point that I'll be playing all of them at some point. I guess I'll go with my gut and start with a robot space wizard.
Warlock is the most well rounded for having a good time through the story content, I feel.

Titan in itself is super fun, but it's supers are often very frustrating against story content bosses because whoopsie doodle it's time for another boss that's either floating above you, or spams knockbacks. When two out of three subtypes having melee mode supers. While the shortest range warlock super is going full Palpatine.

Speaking of Melee supers (and swords). I really wish they triggered the basic melee passives in PvE. I actually use the lower tree for Striker instead of the ever popular two grenades tree. There is also a Sentinil skill that gives a small heal on regular melee kills.

So I'm always feeling it when I bring out a sword or bust out my super, and my survivability goes down because now I'm not kicking in my health regen with every single kill as adds swarm the boss shooting me in the face while I punch and ground pound them.

Warlock's Devour buff will still count chopping people in half with a sword, but it can be actively detrimental for me to use a sword against trash with my titan instead of my bare hands sometimes :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 7, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

the single most important thing about better devils is that the explosion from the explosive rounds doesn't have falloff damage
The single most important thing about explosion damage is that they deal nearly twice the damage on BODY shots.

Buying into the "No falloff!" gimmick was just leaving me disappointed. Due to realizing how often my explosive guns were only dealing as much, or LESS damage on headshots. "Good thing my Better Devils has NO FALLOFF on the explosions!... Oh my Bad News still outdamages it on headshots from this extreme range." Same deal playing with my Nameless Midnight and comparing it to other scouts with a much lower light level.

But shoot something in the dick from a mile away, and you're gonna get good results compared to it's peers. Because it deals that much more raw damage on bodyshots in the first place, even if explosions had falloff it would win out on dick shooting.

Enemies that need three of four body shots point blank with other handcannons, will die in two body shots from the Better Devils. Many enemies that will survive a single body shot with a normal hand cannon, will die in one. Tired of aiming for handgun headshots against psions on some distant ledge? Better Devils will one-shot that with a body shot.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 8, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
EDIT: Oh, 310 Baligant shotgun. I'm a blind person who now has a bigger shotgun. This is cooler than my Nth pair of retrograde boots.

Proper Edit: Praise the Juggernaut lower tree. It tells the inertia modifier to gently caress right off. I'm gonna punch you to death, stand still, and get my regeneration back anyways.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 8, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So in further petty complaint news. Looks like they jacked up the amount of gunsmith parts you need for a engram. An even 40 now.

"I'm up to 922 gunsmith parts. I think I'll cash one in since I've got this many." *click click click* "...Are you loving kidding me?"

I've been saving what few tokens and Ikora research tokens I've had until the 12th. But I hope they didn't quietly price hike any other vendors while they were at it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

fwiw, this was in the ‘state of the game’ post. planetary vendors require more than they used to (still not as many as banshee)
Uuuuuuuugh. Dang kids and their "There is nothing to grind for".

Still cramped vault space and such design mentality has me worried how well the whole "Now you can get stuff you don't own yet" mechanic will actually be implemented.

We hardly have enough vault space as it is just for legendary guns and dressup. But if it ends up something like "Once a week, you can pay three times as many tokens plus a stack of legendary shars to get something you don't own. No you can't specify type" and you get your least favorite gun that you're actually willing to delete spit out of the RNJ because "You didn't own it, we're helping!" yeah.

I just want a non time gated way to fill out costume sets and planetary weapons lists. But with the way things are being implemented so far, we could very well get "60 tokens, 25 shards, here is your copperhead sniper rifle you keep deleting instead of a Manannan SR4" then swing on over to Io and get your millionth Rattler sidearm or Devastation complex pants "Because you didn't own those, cause you had to delete them to make room in your tiny inventory for the stuff you want."

Even if it does let you specify, having to fork over a fat stack of legendary shards just because the Ikora refuses to give you the arms of your armor set instead of your 4th duplicate of the rest without a bribe would be pretty frustrating.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

[my face gets twisted into an ever increasing frown as i see entire crucible matches full of lasers and people having fun] Bungie..... More like bungle

The Bungle is it doesn't flash fry PvE trash just as hard for maximum laser time. Obviously.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's okay, I refuse to have any less than three Skyburners. But then they were all drops.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

HATECUBE posted:

they exposed the API for you, they intended this, they did this so they didnt have to do it themselves... its legit, safe, allowed
Speaking of DIM, has anyone else had trouble with most of the filters since the expansion hit? The big deal ones like duplicate filters still work fine for me. But most other filters like is:autorifle or looking for perks just grey everything out entirely (or not:autorifle selects everything). etc.

Sometimes I can kludge it with just searching for "auto" (which will also turn up full auto scout rifles) or "hand cannon", but yeah. I've been spoiled by an actually functioning filter system :v:

But it's still a billion times better than the in game vault which still can't even manage the sort by quantity filter. Like, jesus christ. Don't be like me and stubbornly stick with the in game vault until the first time you reach the item cap.

"How many identical skyburners do I have? One at the top of page 2, one at the bottom of page two, and one in the middle of page 5. Right." The fact DIM has a loving proper display, and also easily marks your stuff with purple mods in it all on their own without even touching the search bar. Yeah. Use DIM.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 9, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

I literally said the words "I doubt" :v: Dunno what you people want.
What I wans is for crucible rewards to stay cool and good like they are now. That would be fun to see instead of getting nerfed ten times as hard as the laser does come Tuesday or whatever.

"Aw well, we lost laser tag." *Purple engram, legendary, two blues, two crucible tokens*

Meanwhile, are rewards skewed in heroic events to be based mostly around if you kill the yellow bar or not now? "Oh cool killing the dog got me three tokens, and a purple engram. What's the heroic chest get me? Oh, literally just one token. Not even a blue. for the 5th time in a row"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 9, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

treizebee posted:

Whatever they did to PE rewards, it sure feels like you have a better chance of an exotic from turning in this sudden flood of tokens then actually getting an exotic engram to drop.
This is part of why I'll be sad come tuesday the fact I won't be trading massacres in the crucible come the laser nerf will probably seriously impact my rewards. Just got another exotic finishing off my Shax powerful meter for all my spacemans :buddy: Sure it's a second DARCI, and I don't really use sniper rifles much anyways (Sweet, Sweet Linear fusions), but exotics from the Crucible are normally "Never loving happens even when I play extra" rather than "Oh this is my second one today".

I'm going to miss getting legendary items or engrams whether I win or lose being the norm, while "Oh, I only got three blues? Oh well" is the exception.

Though as I slowly end up with brand new weapons both strays I was missing and Osiris toys and paints/new types of mods, as usual my larger concern is inventory space.

EDIT: I am never getting a 5.0 efficiency rate ever again. And that was against a full team of enemy laser tag.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 9, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Murgos posted:

I’ll throw out that I think the Taken are a lame, bankrupt concept.

Hive, fallen, vex and cabal are all interesting and have their own flavor and style and are just good, solid antagonists.

The taken are just boring and I wouldn’t miss them if they were removed entirely.

"I'll get over it, it's an expansion pack race from the first game I never played. I'm sure they will grow on me despite being Photoshop filter: The species-"

*Taken Goblin making pain in the rear end enemy invulnerable, is itself being made invulnerable by a second taken goblin in the next room*

:tizzy:

Also my Skyburner doesn't ignore taken phalanx shields and this slight to my favorite little exotic shall not stand. Because shooting them in the foot to death isn't as cool.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

treizebee posted:

We are months post-launch and people still don't know how to turn Taken Blight heroic :arghfist:
I honestly prefer and understand this to "Everybody knows we shoot the vents but OH CHRIST why is this so hard? We managed to turn it heroic, somehow." cabal one.

You are not setting yourself on fire while dogs bite you and hoping it all works out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I experienced this today. People in fact are still ACTIVELY SABOTAGING these events by going into the bubble and shooting it to collapse it. Jesus.
I expect they are trying to keep some kind of "Teehee, I know how the game works!" sense of Nintendo secrets, if you wanted to be optimistic.

But they really should just outright list in game how to turn poo poo heroic. Otherwise you end up with "Oh, I was accomplishing the goal I was explicitly told to do? Turns out I'm an rear end in a top hat". Which was my reaction to looking up how to ACTUALLY turn that taken event heroic, because trying to shoot the giant sphere while outside, or inside the fields did not seem to do anything.

Then you start trying to turn on heroics, and got to see swarms of max level players decked out in trials and raid gear curbstomp something on regular because that was more optimal token grinding according to Gamepro Reddit shut down your attempts to turn something heroic with your baby guns.

But "People need to google up how to actively avoid completing an objective to activate the heroic version" is something I can't get quite so annoyed at by comparison. What's that the level 9 player without a coldheart is shooting the objective? How is this possible!? Isn't that right, pair of dudes people abusing the infinite rocket glitch at once to complete the normal version in 3.7 seconds flat and then shooting the treasure chest fifteen miles away from the players wearing green gear?

Good thing we have no public chat. Win/Win complaints about clueless casuals without having to hold yourself to any responsibility, while bragging how much this protects them from trolls as you launch the loot crate off a cliff. (Thank you, mail service).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 10, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Poops Mcgoots posted:

So glad I got an antiope. Only took 78 gunsmith engrams!
It is a really sweet gun,yeah. Though I always keep a Philip-B around (while I can. loving inventory space creeps ever closer to "Time to delete items you only own one of") because it was the first SMG I didn't suck with, and Sway reduction is more helpful to me in quickplay (So far as shooting flying warlocks armed with an Antiope out of the air with it went). Killclip feels way more fun on an SMG in PvE though.

I'm pretty drat sure it was also the gun I had where I got to hear Shax go "WHO EVER SAID WARLOCKS AREN'T GOOD WITH GUNS!?... Okay, it was me." :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 10, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can't personally judge because I'm boring and still have not done any raids. But I can at least understand the mentality of "I didn't come to a Shooter MMO to get Xen flashbacks". Particularly when Bungie can't even get basic jump rings right without killing players over their FPS.

The rest of what I've heard of the new raid sounds cool though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

I would kill for a high impact smg
You can pretend with the energy ones. As there are some as strong/stronger than they make some of the Energy Assault rifles.

Some like the War Cult, or the Nessus "Out Of Options" have that odd phasic ammo that turns them into a low 600 RPM with 25 impact. Foggy notion and a couple others at least have 20 impact, compared to how a lot of autos have 21 impact.

I mean sure there are a few full auto sidearms for the energy category only. But those don't work with your titan robocop pants, and they don't feel so good for some reason.

But yeah, I wish there were more badass kinetic tiny guns that were not hand cannons. The few Kinetic Sidearms feel terrible. SMGs are at least fun to use and are the easiest thing in the world to unload your entire magazine into something's skull. While trying to use my Minimum Distance or Athelflad D just feels like "Okay. I have the same ammo pool as a Hand cannon. But half the damage, half the effective range, and half the headshot magnetism. Why am I using this except to be a hipster?"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

I know nobody cares but that guy complaining about being locked out of content has, in my mind, the right to play the game he bought (contacting attorneys aside...) I really don't think Bungie handles this poo poo correctly and I'm sad they didn't learn from their mistakes with D1. What's interesting to me, though, is how complacent so many people are about this. For such a vocal community that gets mad about so much stuff, I'd expect more of an outcry but it's the same snoozer of an issue as it was when it happened in D1.
Thinking about that sort of legal grey area is depressing and not something going away. So while bragging about calling up the closest legal phone number you can get your hands on does seem very desperate and attention seeking, it's also the sort of subject people don't want to think about so haha, look how great everything is let's laugh at the guy over reacting about this incredibly fine and dandy practice :stonklol:

At least that's my cold and tired rush job take on the subject.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 10, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
In the horrible abyss of rare text chat even being enabled, I've gotten more compliments and given more compliments to pubbies than insults :shobon: Which probably totals to something like 12 positive comments across strikes and crucible, and 3 generic "Ugh everyone sucks because we lost" PvP salt comments since launch.

But watch out, gamer cooties. Gotta keep basic multiplayer features in quarantine or the trolls will get us. Praise us for skimping on this effort, then get back to calling us Bungo over some TTK differential not to your preference.

Snuffman posted:

I think I already know the answer, but are all Survival/Mobility/Heavy armor sets created equal?

Like, if I have a full set of Ikora Armor (yay, finally), I don't need any other mobility gear right?

EDIT: unless I go crazy with mods, I suppose.

For the moment, as far as I can tell yes. I hardly touched faction stuff but I am very, VERY glad the two armor bits I did get were the FWC Arms and Legs for hunter. They line up pretty nice with the Road Complex chest and helmet.

I don't mind the ninja spandex pants on half their gear. But the road complex arms have the saddest elbow blades I have ever seen.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 11, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

This is probably for the best. Pubbie chat for PvP would be more toxic than Calus' bathwater, while PvE would be bad, but manageable.

Also: Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris: More toxic than Calus' bathwater.

Which of course is why we do have zero effort PvP chat enabled, and actual effort to implement PvE functionality missing gets talked up as protection from "The trolls" :v:

Clearly the solution will be for someone to vomit on their shoes saying ":lol: disable it in PvP too then, problem solved"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 11, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Man. I hope Bungie doesn't later reveal they were going to take us to McDonalds, but because we forgot to do our homework that's not happening.

Or more realistically, blame their next PR mess on "Why you're not getting inventory size increases. We were totally going to have that done by next week but now? Nuh uh."

Obviously, putting the light levels back to what they were isn't just flipping an undo switch. But for it to be an honest reason to delay other stuff supposedly in the works, things must be really hosed at the office for keeping to some schedule handed to them or other "Gamedev is pain" hurdles.

So even outside of the usual back and forth of "Entitled Gamers or naughty devs?" that goes on for eternity, that's probably the bigger thing to be potentially worried about. The possibility things are so bad for the team that having to hit the undo button on light level caps will honestly gently caress up their dev pipeline that hard.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 12, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So this is our second apology blog in what, 2 weeks? Think we can get one every week from Mr Bungie all through 2018?

Week 33: We want to apologize again. We didn’t know the community wanted this. We will continue to analyze vault space and see if 210 spots is the sweet spot.

Week 38: We want to apologize again. We didn’t know the community wanted this. We will continue to analyze shader space and see if 210 spots is the sweet spot.

Week 51: We want to apologize again. We didn’t know the community wanted this. We will continue to analyze _______ and see if ______ spots is the sweet spot.

Week 75: We want to apologize again. We _____________________________________.

Was it just wishful thinking imagination that they were going to turn off/actually unfuck the chest timers the 12th? I was reminded of it when I activated a scouting report on Titan because I really want the NASA Wizard outfit for my Warlock but I've also never really bothered trying to deliberately grind for tokens.

"There, I spend a solid three minutes trying to remember what hallways lead into this building, now I got a hive chest. I would not have even come in here without the scout report letting me know-whoops it's empty"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 12, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tokubetsu posted:

This is why FWC is the best faction. Everything is war and strife. Embrace it, become better at it. Which also makes hive the best faction with it's sword logic oh god we're all the same, it doesn't matter. Life is meaningless. Everything is mirrors.

*jumps into the shores of time*
I wish they played up the "PS, while Dead Orbit is talking about abandoning your friends and family to flee into space, we were saving refugees when the guardians hosed it in the Intro mission" angle a little bit more, but then I realize there is no way for them to do that without being pretentious assholes instead of the current "We like- A: GOOD AT WAR. B: SAVING YOU FROM WAR C: NASCAR"

I guess I just like a surface level tryhard faction literally naming themself "Future War Cult" being just sort of chill while Dead Orbit keeps trying to go whole hog edgelord thinking it's a competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

in fact, give all the expansion content to the players for free

GENIUS! Backwards expansions. New content is free, pay to play all old pre-expansion content.

Call them Ironic Expansions and everyone will be praising Bungie as the greatest minds of the industry.

• Locked thread