Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
the "randomized sections" are "rooms with some easy enemies in," right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Have y'all noticed that Icarus Dash is lousy on PC? About half the time it does what it's supposed to:
https://imgur.com/W7tWB24

And the rest of the time, it does this instead:
https://imgur.com/HbVhred

The kicker is that using vsync to cap the game to 30 FPS solves this issue. Loving that port life

Surely there's at least one other stubborn Dawnblade out there who feels my pain on this

Edit: ugh how do i embed these

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Jeza posted:

I don't wanna go crazy here, but I think this gun literally renders all other guns irrelevant in PvP. As in, you might as well not ever pick up Power Ammo kind of strong. I killed three enemies standing beside one another in less than half a second of fire. The TTK is basically the same as Antiope-D at point blank, except for every range. poo poo is nutso, it has nothing to do with tagging people. I haven't lost a straight fight using it once in 4 consecutive games.

I guess get this gun and own bones while you still can? Do they ever hotfix things? Trials and Crucible looks like it's gonna be laser tag from now on.

Yeah it's 100% busted.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp

(not my clip)

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

J.A.B.C. posted:

He also got into an argument with the Speaker on the nature of the Traveller, which was the tipping point in the whole affair. The Speaker called for his exile. His followers nearly rose up, but Osiris accepted the exile and headed for Mercury to continue his research. His followers joined him but then lost him soon after, and a cult rose up from that.

It'd be great if the story explored more of this, like what Osiris said that pissed off the Speaker, what the 'Lost Prophecies' actually are, and so forth. But from what I've seen, it barely scratches the surface of that and it's a real wasted opportunity to help flesh out the world.

Yea it's hilarious that Osiris was teased for three years of Destiny only to end up milling around in the background of a super mechanical plot - "We need to get this map. Hmm, it's not here, try here. Hmm, we can't read it, try this. Hmm,"

Culminating in the moving character-driven moment where Ikora goes "It took Osiris a year to figure out how to open this door, but we don't have a year, so, *opens door*"

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
At the very least the Infinite Forest functions as legitimately challenging solo content, something the game has badly needed. It ain't perfect even at being that but you take what you can get

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are you supposed to do heroic strikes solo?

Nah, but it would be fun to try, except that you can't unless you can get two friends to queue with you then leave

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wait, I meant heroic adventures.

They don't feel designed for solo, no, but they're doable - you're sure to win through sheer attrition, so it's a matter of getting a smooth a run as you can (and if you're a real pro, completing the optional objective)

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

treizebee posted:

Do you mean the heroic version of the infinite forest? Because that indeed was challenging solo.

Yea

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
yeehaw, public events are hella boring

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Legs Benedict posted:

you expected to find positive comments on twitter? Have you ever actually used the website before for anything game related?

Bungie could announce that all future DLC is free and they’re removing Eververse and also sending Fifth Element-era Milla Jovovich to your house to suck your dick and the responses to the tweet would still be a lot of nerds curious about some inconsequential bullshit

In fairness though, strike scoring was lovely in D1 and is gonna be lovely in D2

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone who thinks a chubby echidna ____ _ _____ _______ ______ is a racist meme should go outside

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
hey the movement in this game is actually pretty good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
https://gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeShoddyElephantbeetle