Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I have to work late tonight but I thought ahead and left my computer running with the battle.net client running this morning.

Hopefully it's all patched and ready for me to click PLAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

it really does beg the question how large a section of the destiny 2 population plays the game independently of reading about it online and is wondering what the gently caress is going on with these instant death rays

Statistically? 0%.

5000 out of 1.2 million could just be people who were so stoned they didn’t even realize they were using mida.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I’ll throw out that I think the Taken are a lame, bankrupt concept.

Hive, fallen, vex and cabal are all interesting and have their own flavor and style and are just good, solid antagonists.

The taken are just boring and I wouldn’t miss them if they were removed entirely.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jeza posted:

I feel existential sadness when I see people with almost 400 hours of PvE time in a game with optimistically 80-100 hours worth of unique PvE content.

Except that it's fun to poke robots in their belly button and watch them fall apart? Oh, no, there wasn't a specific story increment for the 89,000th time I shot a dreg, I am suffering pangs of regret for the state of humanity!!!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tei posted:

Fortnite event is better. They have added about 14 new weapons with unique perks and 4 new heroes.

They recently added a pvp mode (Battle Royale) that is played in 144 countries by 20 million people.

Yeah, but then you are playing Fortnite.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
It’s amazing to me how emotionally confused people are about video games.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tei posted:

Michael Jackson was a genius, and I feel honored to have lived in the same era than him.

Destiny could use more dances from him.

Although I’m sure the Jackson estate will sell anything I doubt if Bungie wants to get tied up in a highly litigious licensing deal.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Rasputin probably just sang/played music to the traveler to get it to stay.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You're in luck. Torrent and Zero Hour again.

Torrent + Crown of Tempests = infinite grenade and melee spam as long as you can kill something every 7 seconds.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also it's Good to complain about Destiny and anyone saying "if ya don't like it just QUIT" is actually retarded

Unless you are yelling at ABGD, that's fine.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xarbala posted:

One of my friends who played D1 and was given this game for christmas just beat the campaign. Literally his first reaction, after "what part of the Tower is this?" was "jesus loving christ, they made shaders consumables?!" And now he's genuinely gotten kind of angry and I can't help but be amused while he rants in fireteam chat.

"They loving EA Battlefronted Destiny"

heh

He's not wrong.

*looks, up from deleting shaders out of inventory*

Huh.

*Goes back to deleting shaders from inventory*

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Deakul posted:

Sounds like I picked a great time to buy the game, can't wait to jump in after work.

Sent clan requests to [TIME] and [BEAR].

The game is amazing for 50+ hours.

All the salt is from people who want a game to hold their hand into old age. Some of these posters have several hundred hours invested. They are so deep in the forest that they can't tell the branches are poking them in the eye.

e: It's literally stalker levels of obsession with some.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

what the gently caress are you even on about

When you love something, set it free.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Argas posted:

Gonna repeat what I said earlier but the biggest Destiny lore disappointment was that the Golden Age of Mankind was not some light-fueled technological revolution but a period of world peace.

It wasn't even that, otherwise why all the focus on weapons development?

Anyway, just checking in ahead of Warmind. The guns and armor still look boring.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Moola posted:

I just read that they patched in a separate slider for character voice volume

This is unironically the best change they made to the game so far

That’s pretty funny since your character is mute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Morter posted:

I'm considering reinstalling based on this alone. I play solo, generally, and enjoyed the shooting enough for about 2 months straight as a near max-level hunter, peeking in a few days a week just for the fun of shooting and running around. Getting the same exotics every week was frustrating, though, and it eventually put me off. This was in January. Has there been enough change to loot distribution/rewards? I'm not trying to min-max in a hurry, I just want access to different things if possible.

I think they put in dupe protection? However, the first thing I did when I logged in yesterday was get the free bright engram from the vendor and then decoded it and it gave me a dupe exotic armor piece so YMMV.

• Locked thread