Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I spent $12 to get game for free from Humble and I can't tell if they planned on making people download the entire game and then also download the new patch because gosh that took ten hours and when I was halfway done it decided to start over. Anyways I can't believe how loving precious this game is that I had to play for an hour and a half before it let me do team deathmatch. I did not die on the tree but I did get confused when I missed the final jump and the game seemed like that was on purpose? Sent a request to Hotdog even though I can't tell how that flag is anything like a hotdog. Maybe its like face on and the eyes are just magic.

I guess I should just play the game and not worry about allllllllll the bullshit till its over? Because gosh it seems like there is a lot of it.

My favorite moment so far was when my long jawa pathetically grabbed after the talking robot ten seconds after it fell off the ship like I was swimming in ambien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wish this was a real game and not sad mmo bullshit. At least for the story, they could then turn that poo poo on after the end. I played a bunch of pvp and was level 13 before going to titan and it was theeee most boring thing I've ever done in a videogame. Nobody ever likes zerg tyranid flood I Don't Actually Remember The Bugs Name but towards the end there were some cool guys like wizards and witches and brumaks and stuff but hey they died in two hits mission complete. The game was much better after titan but I was still wishing for weapon spawns to match encounters instead of just doing the entire level with the same loadout. It felt like a copout when the game started handing you vehicles instead of making you rely on them dropping.

Also I laughed when whatever mid-tier taken revealed its power of zipping back and forth, as if the game doesn't give that to half the cast because whoo lag or whatever the gently caress in a campaign mode.

8/10 totally worth buying the game and expansion pass twice.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What is confusing about that? When there's a shitload of snipers you throw down a scout rifle when there's swarms of melee you get an assault and power weapons get used to accrue other power weapons. Just basic poo poo to keep things varied. Or am I interpreting that wrong and I'm supposed to open the inventory and futz around?

Also doom knew how to hand out the correct ammo and give the right power ups at the right time. It's a perfectly fine example of an Also Halo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I beat the main campaign on Saturday and got to 342 on Sunday. Now just do it all again with the other two classes?

What's even the reason to play the expansions?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Game kicked me out to director while in the middle of A Garden World and I want to die.

I have gotten a few powerful engrams from doing these missions, so that answers my question of 'why even click on the expansion planet' well enough I guess. Still relatively new so this idea of making 100% of drops worthless is a delicious fresh take on creating a videogame. I did this quest I had that gave me a bunch of rep reward tokens and I turned them in and collected this thing that I threw away. True story.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Warmind's missions are so non-existent I'm amazed that people compare it positively to Osiris, the one that had actual characters and a story and cool poo poo.

Though this cockroach helmet is pretty nice I guess.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've got to say my favorite thing from being exposed to Destwoo is the reoccurring insistence that the reason the city was destroyed in the story was to reset your gear.

Because Bungie couldn't just do this thing that nearly every video game does, they have to make a lore reason for it. And then wind the game around that so completely that they manage to do nothing else.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Am I doing something wrong where the game takes a hard minute between pressing enter to start and getting me to character select?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Let me guess! See if I understand this byzantine bullshit.

Your displayed max power includes the +5s from addons, but your total power does not?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Love that you can't do Iron Banner without beating the campaign. Frustration is lurking in every tiny corner of this game.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bumgie should cut out the middle man and add a silver requirement to guided games.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have no idea how often Eververse stock changes or if the shaders are something that rotate but you can just go buy a really dope shiny pink/purple shader from it. The game utterly shits eververse stuff everywhere so it isn't even a thing to care about.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the warlock thing is more like a continuous jetpack than a booster thing. If you don't do it early its just pitiful.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I found a The Colony and I don't see why I would use any other exotic.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Heroic strikes are really fun and have matchmaking don't be afraid of them. My blue base is at 346 after a week and a half of not really knowing what I'm doing. That seems meaningful idk. The last powerful I unwrapped was 360.

I wish there was just a set amount of weekly powerfuls and I could get them all in crucible. Doing the kaede weekly is horribly boring.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Excuse me, press E and do as Bungie tells you.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I didn't like pvp in this game till I got a pulse rifle and it basically became halo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

My fav heroic exodus crash memory is not even getting to the bullshit boss because the mid-stage scan thing with ghost bit was too hard with 1 hit kos.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

congrats titan for having a flashpoint that was pretty darn fun and painless and maybe they reduced the amount of stuff you needed to do because I think I just did three heroics and killed two random bosses and was done.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol bright paragon things are 4 hours real time not playing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So you are saying it's all a bad idea and to stop paying money for things that aren't a new game?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

but if i dont give them seventy dollars the numbers stop going higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Xarbala posted:

nobody really gives a poo poo about the wide-open multiplayer part

The two moments I was most impressed by Destiny were both this. When I first got to the EDZ and first saw all the overworld poo poo was amazing. Then during the very last campaign mission as you approach it is an open play area so you are doing the same wave clear bullshit but suddenly its with a bunch of people and you just mow down the fat red guys and everyone is running forward and it rules. Then you turn a corner and are all alone.

Neither of these moments are replicated, any given world is dead as you go through the campaign and there isn't a reason to do that stuff anyways and it's all repetitive anyway, and the story missions always get cordoned off from the public areas.

The game could play with this stuff so much more if it wanted. It's cool as hell when strikes suddenly run through public areas, it just doesn't matter because you are probably just dashing through a section not even trying to fight.

• Locked thread