Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Somebody tell me all the good lore/flavor text/story development from this update. Or I guess I could watch a playthrough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Boy I love hate this new lore in which the Ares mars mission to go meet the Traveler was scraped together in 60 days with a crew of complete strangers and flown literally the day after one of the crew died (without replacing her?) This is how space travel works! There definitely aren’t any painstakingly prepared crews with thorough backup rosters or arrrrrgh

Bonus deep lore: the Traveler was apparently named for the thing you’re not supposed to do in basketball 🏀

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Hive do space magic, Vex delete you but only if they can overcome the deeply noncomputable and nonphysical nature of Guardians, Fallen steal/shoot/smash the Ghost and Cabal drop orbital artillery on their own fighting positions.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Darkness zones occur wherever there’s a high chance of death because your Ghost has fewer parallel quantum realities where you’re alive to work from I just made this up

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Why is the traveler named for a basketball foul they don't even call :wtc:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

I thought the first time you said it was just a joke, but this is a real thing? What? Why?

quote:

"Always reach for understanding and compassion."

Qiao Supplemental
Project Catamaran
Clubhouse Gymnasium
A/V Recording
Path to Ares: 30 Days to Launch

Hardy: What, you don't play basketball?

Qiao: Of course I do.

Hardy: Okay, so me and Mihaylova against you and Evie.

Evie: Oh, we'll wipe the floor with you.

Mihaylova: Don't be so sure.

Hardy: How's the nav coming?

Qiao: All told, beautiful. With Mihay's AI and Evie's theories—

Evie: We don't want to accidentally run into it.

Hardy: It?

Evie: Moon X.

Mihaylova: Agh!

Evie: Too slow.

Hardy: Hey! No traveling.

Evie: Sorry—

Qiao: Got it.

Hardy: Not so fast—

Qiao: Two points. You want to talk about fast.

Evie: Wait. Wait.

Hardy: Huh. Okay. What?

Evie: Traveling. Moon X. Look, we need to stop even thinking of it as a satellite or a false moon. It's big, but it acts alive— this thing moves with purpose. It's a visitor. It's… a Traveler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Master Chief, you mind telling me what you’re doing on that ship?

HALO 3 BAYBEEEE

• Locked thread