Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
im happy to give them lots of leeway because i also have suffered incredible brain damage from playinh halo games my entire childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Yes. It's insane that the game has built-in chat and voice, but still expects everyone to use discord and forums to coordinate raids. Why are those systems even in the game? Why is Destiny 2 the only game with this kind of content that doesn't have a public lfg channel? Or any public channels? Or even team chat for pvp?

Sure, people who are motivated to do the raid will figure out a way to do it. Most people won't do that, and will rightly think the expansion sort of sucks.

if you open the chat thing in pvp and hit tab it will take you to the team chat channel;

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Spanish Manlove posted:

You have to go into your settings menu and click on "automatically put me in team chat" in order for that to work. Next time you get into a match, look at chat and see who else joined. odds are it's one person.

ya i was just pointing out that team chat is in the game

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

funktopus posted:

At this point it feels more likely that poor people around the world will become spontaneously aware of their common plight and band together against the rich in the name of equality than it is that Destiny 2 pubbies will figure out the heroic trigger for the Taken Blight public event.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
you can do that extremely conveniently by downloading the destiny 2 app probably

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
momentum blows because it forces you to stop shooting and go run in a circle for a bit. attrition kinda sucks too but at least its not AS bad about forcing you to stop playing the game

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Snuffman posted:

Isn't the solution to just have Xur selling all CoO exotics? :shrug:

they've already had him sell a CoO exotic that people without the expansion could buy, and you can get CoO stuff as random drops even if you dont have the expansion, plus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People will absolutely lose their minds if they can't buy the three of coins or the fated engram

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Eej posted:

It's only obvious when your sparrow explodes for... whatever reason

i almost always destroy mine while trying to take it as far as possible in to a strike dungeon or lost sector

like last night with the pyramidion i managed to say "lets see if i can get it down these floating stairs without dying" and then the other two i was playing with immediately heard "guardian down" and cracked up

quite stretched out fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 20, 2017

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i just remembered the other good npc, taeko-3

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
shes the savathuns song one who embraces the praxic fire, yeah

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
maybe some kind of fourth discord that we can move everyone from the other three in to

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

PC Destiny 2 Thread: But video games I guess

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
someone said it in one of the discords earlier today, light level makes no sense for one of two reasons: either it doesnt have much effect at all in which case why bother introducing it, or it is going to have an effect and as a result its going to make pvp even sweatier and get even more casual people out of the pool of potential players

im for sure someone who doesnt play heaps and when i do im not playing super hard just to progress, and if light level has a noticable effect then that makes playing pvp for the milestone even less attractive to me which means i'll progress slower which makes it less attractive which etc

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
shaxx is my waifu please treat him with the respect he deserves

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Bleck posted:

which dumbass' idea was Mayhem

ah, i see youve run into a team of nightstalkers

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah I already preordered and paid for like four games this year and none of them are out yet

Eat my rear end

only if you pay me in advance

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
totally stuck the landing though!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i have weapons at 350ish and the green missions ive done so far havent felt really hard, but maybe my brains just broken from doing 5 renown lost sectors a bunch so im used to playing super carefully

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Unsinkabear posted:

Hmm. If the tall barricade is good cover in PvP I must be using it terribly, because it never feels like it does poo poo. Every area you need to hold has so many approach vectors it's not even funny, so people adjust with lightning speed by just popping down a different hallway to easily snipe my team and I from a different angle, or sprinting around it to shotgun me, depending on their murder weapon of choice.

In general, I feel like I often die to people with no possible sight line on me, or to abilities I don't understand. A kill cam would be really nice to make it clearer what's going on. Most of the time I'm probably just being dumb, but at one point yesterday the silhouette of the guy who sniped me was on the other side of a wall AND my shield. Would really have liked to see the replay on that one.

the other side of a wall and shield thing might be lag, too. ive had some pretty bloody frustrating times playing with my lovely australian internet where i run behind cover when someone starts shooting at me, only to die from 3-4 hits after theres already a big concrete block in the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

AAB posted:

for the new OP

change it so it says "ana bray yelling: mcdonalds! mcdonalds! mcdonalds! mcdonalds!"

• Locked thread