Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Two weeks, still no Uriels. This game hates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

That Selfie Emote....

It really is the greatest, isn't it? I got super lucky with my level 24 bright engram.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Okay it turns out if you paint the Mechanos Crown with the Mercury Prophetic shader it turns into a god drat flashlight.

I'm in love :allears:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

After eons of searching for Uriel's Gift before the DLC, Positive Outlook comes along and makes it obsolete. Not even 20 minutes after acquiring a new Outlook on life, Uriel's Gift finally decides to grace my inventory. I swear the RNG in this game is designed to troll the player.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i play at well over 60 fps and don’t get this, what are they even talking about?

It's only with the public event on Mercury, the jump pads are supposed to send you through a ring that slows you down before you land. If you have >60FPS the gravity gets all hosed up and you'll miss the ring and smash into the ground at full speed. One time I actually died by hitting the ring itself. poo poo's whack, yo.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

The selfie emote bugs out on moving platforms and can give you some pretty cool camera angles. Got this nice shot of my Leviathan group earlier:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Trials is actually a ton of fun right now, I don't care what anyone else says. Picked up Purpose, the new kinetic trials scout rifle with explosive rounds at 200 RPM. Combined with Ophidian Aspect and my warlock is a fuckin beast. All I need now is some melee ability cooldown mods to put on my chest and boots and poo poo is gonna get real. Also managed to pull off this clutch round win earlier, still laughing about it:

https://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenAbleCob.webm

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Calsonic posted:

Took my team 6 loving hours to beat the new raid but we did it. That last boss is no joke. The rewards were terrible but it was still worth the experience.

You're welcome, BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS.

Not entirely true, there’s a new shader that only drops on there called Calus’s Elite and it looks fuckin amazing.

It also adds a cool texture with little circles on it. This is what the Xenos Vale IV chest looks like with it:

Still need to get 8 more weekly milestones for the ornament on that piece. That poo poo is gonna take way too long.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

aww yiss, Tessa is selling the mechanos bond this week so I can finally complete my look. I was starting to get really tired of having the worlds most boring class item. it even glows the same colors as the mechanos crown. A+ bugno.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

These loot boost tokens....do they stack if all 3 in a group use them ? So you get 3 extra rounds of stuff after doing a Strike ?

Yep. Me and a couple friends were all 4 using them in crucible and were getting shitloads of loot after every match. It was ridiculous. Definitely the fastest way to get masterworks if you're trying to grind for them.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Old Fashioned + Positive Outlook + Ophidian Aspect = Kill Clips for everyone!

It's seriously beautiful :allears:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Doesn't finishing prophecies just add those weapons to your engram pool? Some friends and I have all got the scout rifle from various sources since finishing the first one.

Yep it does. Don’t worry about permanently deleting them, they will show up again eventually.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I'm running 1/6/9 in PvP and it works pretty dang well. The 6 resil lets me take one more hand cannon shot at long range and the difference between 9 and 10 recovery is almost nothing after the patch. 1 mobility is from my Ophidian Aspect which makes up for it by being incredible in every other way.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I really want to try the verse 7 hand cannon in PvP. It's got great range and HCR, it could be a beast or it could be trash. Let's find out!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

So I need help picking a secondary gun.

I'm in love with Better Devils and I get great kills with it, but its like the only gun I feel right with. Nothing else is nearly as good for me. So if I'm using that, what do I use for secondary? It feels like what I need most is a long range scout for when the HC won't quite do it.

Right now I'm using Pleiades Corrector but it doesn't feel good. Its got that Omelon squirt-gun feel, I want a nice bang-bang scout rifle.

If I could swap an elemental mod into Nameless Midnight and make it a secondary I'd be loving set. But I can't. So what scout should I try to get? What's the best energy scout rifle?

Or alternatively should I use Nameless or some other scout (lots of good primary scouts) and use an energy HC? I just got one that seems decent.

Run Trials until you get Darkest Before. The stats are deceiving on this one, it’s insanely good for PvP. Recoil like MIDA but you can just hold down the trigger and melt people at any range. I got super lucky and got a masterwork version to drop and it’s been carrying me in trials all weekend. The only reason it isn’t the top rated PvP weapon is because most people don’t have it yet. As soon as more people discover it I guarantee it will become the new meta paired with a hand cannon like better devils or old fashioned. It’s just kind of a bitch to get due to the time-limited nature of trials.

If you want to swap it around I highly recommend Vigilance Wing, basically a kinetic version of Darkest Before. If you wanna get a little meta you can always find a Armillary PSu. Yes it’s a blue but in PvP it doesn’t matter. It has precision frame, high caliber rounds, and quickdraw. What more could you ask for? I’ve seen a few top trials players rolling with it when they’re getting sweaty.

For energy HC there’s only one real choice, Minuet-42. Annual Skate is a trap, it’s just shittier, no question.

I’m a huge hand cannon whore myself and I’ve tried almost every combo. Take my word for it, Darkest Before will be a staple of PVP soon, especially if they nerf explosive shot.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 19, 2017

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Eej posted:

I wanna say that Antiope/Darkest Before is a better combo than BD/Darkest Before cause the effective ranges overlap better but all the people better than me use BD/Darkest Before so I'm probably wrong somehow.

Antiope is good but SMGs suffer from really bad range and ammo consumption issues. Even in PvP I was running out of antiope ammo regularly.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Yeah same, it's decent but the recoil animation is the worst. It basically just covers everything you're trying to aim at and it looks hosed up too. Basically the worst kind of behavior for a faster hand cannon where you need to be hitting multiple shots reliably. Oh well, at least it looks cool I guess. I'll be sticking with Old Fashioned until the next DLC.

p.s. calus's elite shader looks fuckin sick on pretty much all the trials weapons

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 19, 2017

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

So last night I did the Leviathan gauntlet challenge, it actually wasn't that hard we got it on the second try and it was pretty fun. I have the boots of sekris which have an ornament which requires the gauntlet challenge. However even after completing the raid fully, I still didn't get a checkmark indicating that I'd done the gauntlet challenge on them. Not that it's a big deal since there's no prestige Eater of Worlds to even do yet to complete the ornament but still frustrating not getting recognition for doing it. I did get the emblem for doing the challenge as well as it being completed in my challenges menu.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Telesto is definitely my favorite power weapon right now. It does a ton of damage, is insanely good at clearing huge groups of enemies, and is hilarious in PvP because you can stick it to your teammates and turn them into living bombs. A++ would recommend.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Got tired of being a red beacon and decided to switch it up to green. Metro Shift on the Winterhart chest actually looks pretty good, didn't have enough to do my weapon though. Oh well.

It's really frustrating that a ton of great colors don't actually light up the Omega Mechanos Crown. Your choices are basically White, Red, Green, Orange, and Yellow. There is a light blue but it barely glows at all and turns the rest white which looks awful. Why bungo, why?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Hooray I finally did enough weekly strike milestones to get my chest ornament! I fuckin love it, I am now a glowing vex god. It looks even better in game.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Section Z posted:

As somebody who is trying to get his Bad News to work as good as it used to in Story content, AND adores the Minute-42, I can confirm "3 headshots" won't be enough to kill quite a lot of people.

However, Minute-42 is snappy enough that my casual rear end adores the thing in PvP. It's even got a good reload speed when using Flared Magwell over Drop Mag (but zero drawbacks to drop mag in PvP so go hog wild) Unlike Annual Skate which is a piece of poo poo that to paraphrase Control Volume, takes so long to reload normally you could read every comment on the internet about how fast it reloads with outlaw first.

I don't use it as much as I used to in PvE outside of the sandbox though. What with content scaling being unkind to anything but autos and exotics for the energy slot. But it's still quick on the draw enough to turbo murder Vex in the juicebox regardless. Literally all of my "I slotted an element on purpose" weapons are void, because Vex are the only ones with a guaranteed element where it feels like stunning them on shield drop makes life way easier.

It pairs really well with Purpose in PvE as well. It’s seriously a wonderful weapon, it’s like nameless midnight with a slightly lower impact but way better RPM and hip fire (don’t use the slide perk it sucks). I tried to make it work well in PvP too but I feel like the ttk on Purpose is just not that great a lot of the time. It’s honestly hard to tell but I personally feel like I do better with Darkest Before or Positive Outlook at range.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Oh my god I've found the best shader, Dawning Warmth on the glowing items is absurdly bright, like JJ Abrams Star Trek bright. Lens flares and all. I'm in love.

Time to blind my enemies in Crucible!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

khy posted:

I got the trials scout rifle with explosive rounds from an engram.

It's so much fun, but the TTK feels higher than it should; the gun FEELS so good to use despite the damage feeling so much lower. Crucible or PvP it feels like it's not doing nearly enough damage compared to other guns.

I'm sure it's an attempt at balancing it but making it feel and sound awesome then making it shoot .22LR rounds is really disappointing.

Exactly my experience with it. Fun to shoot, but it just takes longer to kill than other guns. Unfortunate.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

oh look one lost sector gets me 33%, that makes sense since there's only 3 of them on titan

bungie: "nope eat poo poo fucker hahaa"

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Gadzuko posted:

Regarding scaling power, currently you can get to 300 power just by farming blues. Once you hit 300 then you need powerful engrams from milestones to progress. The post campaign quests that you get on each world eventually reward a weapon that always rolls higher power than what you've got as well. If you want to maximize things, waiting until 300 to turn in those big boosts is ideal. However you don't absolutely have to do this because leveling your power is pretty easy and will happen over time just by playing, so don't stress too much.

Raids also will give you 300+ gear.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Midnight Coup + Darkest Before is godlike in PvP and drat good in PvE too. Maybe switch the DB for Positive Outlook against AI. I’m loving it right now though with one energy recoil mod. Makes it a ton easier to get every shot in a burst on the head for sure.

Now to save up some cores for the MW armor. Oh joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

found my new favorite shaxx line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY8kdetB17s&hd=1

EVERYONE GET IN HERE!

• Locked thread