Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Warlock not nerfed. Game is 10/10

e: Doesn't the six shot golden gun having the same duration as the three shot make it objectively better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

quote:

Hand Cannon accuracy recovery now scales with rate of fire

This is a huge change for PvP. 150rpm handcannons just got way more accurate if I'm reading this right.

e: I was wrong about warlock nerf. Karnstein armlets do not give ability recharge on melee hits anymore...That significantly changes stormcaller and devour based builds that use it. :(

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The patch notes for karnstein armlets are different then what the in-game tooltip is showing. :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only inconsistency.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Has bungie detailed just how much, if any, aim assist is factored into PC?
A handful of patch notes mention aim assist modifications.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I don't know how fast the weapon mods rotate in Banshee's stock, but kinetic weapon mods are available right now. I'm glad he is the first person I talked to in the expansion.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
My warlock's bond can now accept (void) grenade cooldown mods, allowing me to stack 3!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
:siren: I just got selfie from the free bright engram :siren:

treizebee fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 5, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

kudos on that rocking color scheme my man

I just need that sticker bombed exotic weapon ornament!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

has anyone mentioned the new dance emote is the time warp from rocky horror picture show

What I really like is how every emote in season 2 is amazing. You won't be disappointed even if you one of the blue ones.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Mercury warlock armor is mobility... :shepicide:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Cowcaster posted:

wow did you guys know if you double tap strafe on any bike you can dodge left and right

Double tap on a heavy pike and it launches a grenade!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I just got one of the new Osiris SMG's and it might be a competitor to Antiope.

900 RPM with slightly lower range!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Oh hey my first exotic engram in the expac!
Neat, it decrypted into a new exotic for my warlock!

Dang it looks badass!

I wonder what perk it has?

...:psyduck:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
How do you actually obtain a lost prophecies quest? Brother Vance only has a heroic adventure quest available to me. I've finished the expac campaign and the three adventures. :confused:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Haaaa that's the one I chose on a whim.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Is the "infinite" forest anything more then just the 3 adventures/heroic versions? There appears to be no way of getting in after the campaign other then starting one of the adventures...and those all had just minor variations until the final section.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL it's Infinite in the same way the rest of the game is infinite

Edit: I read absolutely everything about this expansion and I can't help but feel like they were making the Infinite Forest out to be like THE MAIN THING and their response to "I know it seems content light but what about the INFINITE FOREST!?!" and maybe that was us collectively reading too much into an exciting name?

I wasn't expecting it to be full procedural generation, but the variations in the "infinite" section are so minor and bland that by the second adventure, I was skipping the unlocked rooms until I ran into daemons. I was already recognizing the same room layouts.

You are right though. My mindset going in was that the forest contained the core content of the expansion, as that was how it was marketed. However, it's probably less excessively reading into a name and more expecting what we were told. :downs:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Space Hamlet posted:

At the very least the Infinite Forest functions as legitimately challenging solo content, something the game has badly needed. It ain't perfect even at being that but you take what you can get

Do you mean the heroic version of the infinite forest? Because that indeed was challenging solo.
e: then again, the modifier I had for "up and up" was prism which I think skewed the difficulty as I believe it's one of the harder modifiers (especially solo) along with momentum.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The crucible milestone this week is an interesting experience

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I hear there is a game breaking pvp weapon with this expansion.. What's it called so I can YouTube it.

Crucible matches right now are players without Prometheus followers players who have it and leeching off kills while avoiding incoming red lasers of death.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Xarbala posted:

I mean gating the most up-to-date content is a something all MMOs do.

This has been a common misconception about the blowback.

New content behind DLC has always been accepted and is part of the life cycle of games like these.

The anger stems from Bungie deciding to take vanilla content (prestige) and put it behind a DLC, effectively forcing you to buy back content you originally purchased.

I can't think of any other game that has done that blatantly.

e: Complaints about the actual DLC itsself is probably due to having no real content or rewards for playing the expac (apart from that niche exotic) and everything else that is new was put in Eververse. The lost prophecy weapons appear to be extremely underwhelming apart from having cool designs.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 7, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

DrNutt posted:

That's a fair point. Despite playing on both PS4 and PC, I somehow forgot that the PC version came out a month later.

You had a reasonable way to look at it. The only playerbase affected are those who haven't done prestige nor gotten the expansion, but don't care enough to get the expansion, but care enough to do the prestige. Probably a small %.

However, this comes out only a week after the experience throttling debacle.
Someone earlier aptly put it that Bungie is cashing in goodwill they haven't earned. So the entire playerbase, not just those affected, will jump down their throats for yet another shady decision.

It's also still just an incredibly lovely thing to do in general. :shrug:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Crimson, the new exotic kinetic handcannon, runs out of ammo too easily. It has the same ammo reserve as a typical handcannon, but the three-round burst isn't more powerful then the normal one shot. So essentially the same total damage output but a third of the rounds to do it with...
If it weren't for that, it could be really strong and fun if you forget that it feels like any boring pulse rifle.

The sight combined with how the gun recoils is hot garbage though.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Skoll posted:

I can't give up my Guiding Star. I got one for each character now.

It was the sole reason I went DO for faction rally. Fastest rpm tier of auto rifles with HCR, I felt like it staggered orange/yellow bars so easily and consistently compared to the other sadly few choices of kinetic auto rifles.
It's incredible

If +range is one of the masterwork stats, Guiding Star will just simply have no weaknesses...and the range on it isn't bad to begin with.

Cutscene Powers posted:

Did the dude who was hoarding all those engrams get any new gear after all? I have to know!

Nah. The new brights have a different name and I forgot to preview the exotics before opening them so woops. Legendary for masterwork next week became irrelevant since the changes to the public events are just showering you with them.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

pmchem posted:

Is the dumb weapon ruining crucible hotfixed yet?

Apparently it will be fixed on Tuesday with patch 1.1.1
e: which means Trials will be live with the gun in this state lol

There is a tweet from some bungie dev that states this but it is impossible to track down any source of news from bungo

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Section Z posted:

"Good thing my Better Devils has NO FALLOFF on the explosions!... Oh my Bad News still outdamages it on headshots from this extreme range."

Bad News has more impact then Better Devils. It's a 110 RPM handcannon compared to BD's 140. So yes, it will do more headshot damage.
If you compare BD to another 140 handcannon, the headshot damage is equal or different by ~1. The fact that is has massive range already is just a bonus.

But yeah, explosive round guns really show their strengths with body shots.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Kyrosiris posted:

That said, Origin Story actually sounds like a real gun now, and it's a treat.

Is there a list of updated gun sounds? Both Origin (and Forward Path) and Better Devils had terrible sounds to me, and the new versions are great.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Tokubetsu posted:

atalanta-d rocks, a lot

I don't get the praise for it. It's a slightly more stable Antiope with only half the range, and having SMG damage at AR range is what makes this archetype so good. You even lose kill-clip.

The fart can on it is its only redeeming feature.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
PvP is incredibly better now with a lower ttk

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there are like a billion games to play if you want .5 sec ttk pvp

Sure but many people playing this game in particular seem to find the PvP more enjoyable with a globally lower ttk. :shrug:
Hopefully one day a balance pass brings it down a bit, not to the P-lens level, but a nice middle ground.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Section Z posted:

Meanwhile, are rewards skewed in heroic events to be based mostly around if you kill the yellow bar or not now? "Oh cool killing the dog got me three tokens, and a purple engram. What's the heroic chest get me? Oh, literally just one token. Not even a blue. for the 5th time in a row"

Whatever they did to PE rewards, it sure feels like you have a better chance of an exotic from turning in this sudden flood of tokens then actually getting an exotic engram to drop.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

fwiw the new crucible rewards have nothing to do with the lens.

not to say the rewards won’t be tweaked, but it’s not anything to do with the lens.

People who didn't enjoy pvp prior, are enjoying it now with the broken lens and benefiting from the enhanced pvp rewards regardless of a win/loss because the games are fun.
After the lens fix, pvp will go back to how it was and those people won't want to play pvp as much anymore.

Rewards won't change from the lens fix, but the enjoyment of grinding them will.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
We are months post-launch and people still don't know how to turn Taken Blight heroic :arghfist:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Jeza posted:

I've been trying out purple abyss helmet for extended invis in PvP after finally abandoning Gunslinger. It does have a nice stat distribution too, although I instantly miss my crutch of perma-radar. Want to try out the Jester pants if I can grab a pair of those.

Honestly, anything that fucks with radar is inherently strong because the motion tracker in this game is super loving bs. I really do hate it. Positional play is basically irrelevant and there's no such thing as useful flanking against half-decent players.

They should make sprinting cause radar pings, and then have walking ping it every 5-10s, crouch-walking and standing still l make it not ping at all.

Going invis really gives you an insight into how reliant people are on it. You can actually step out in front of people who won't shoot back. Or the nade that fakes the radar ping will make people run straight over to it.

I have a suspicion that if D2 radar was removed or reworked to be similar to other better systems (like planetside 2's I keep referencing), there would be an uptick in "whoa this is fun" comments similar to the current lens situation.
A main factor in pvp being awesome right now is that players have the ability to successfully flank regardless of the radar since the super low ttk lets you catch at least one opponent off guard.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
How is anything you just said relevant to D2's radar system removing the ability to surprise anyone who isn't currently ADSing without a MIDA?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Bust Rodd posted:

I also disagree that playing defensively is boring. I’d rather hang back and spring my trap and use my advantageous high ground to mulch then enemy team then just exchange potshots down a long hallway, which is like 90% of what I watch people do in PvP. Trials this weekend is super fun, but I get way more frustrated when my team is legit winning before they got hunt down the last guy instead of just falling back to the bomb, where we have advantage and safety and just playing it out. Everything about Destiny 2 PvP is asking for patience.

...Have you ever considered that deathball v deathball hallway fights are due to the inability of 1-2 players being able to break off and peek a different corner without having the deathball already turning to stare at that corner?

Also, your preferred gameplay seems completely reliant on the game giving you spidersenses on which way an opponent is coming to the objective you are defending. I understand why you would defend a mechanic like that.

e: Completely removed radar obviously wouldn't be healthy for the game, as there are a handful of maps with back corner hidey holes and only two objective based game modes. But a reworked system like temporary spotting, or proximity pings when you fire, would be of equal benefit to someone who is challenging and someone who is defending.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 11, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Waffle House posted:

What do you mean, “why?” You have teammates, brains, and guns, use them.

Get a rocket launcher and eliminate their pocket, since obviously they’re too busy camping to go find Heavy ammo maybe? There’s not a map where Heavy dominance is possible.

This is an extremely situational defense of a bad mechanic.
How does having a rocket launcher remove the advantage of a player knowing the corner (through no fault of your own) you are about to turn? Hopefully get a snap shot rocket off and they are too close to avoid it or hit a wall behind them? Have you never been teamshot turning a corner with heavy ammo?

That's not removing their advantage, that's evening it up (making radar irrelevant for corner challenges) because you have a weapon with low ttk and oh that sounds familiar to the fun state of pvp right now. :rolleyes:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Waffle House posted:

I may be just a Titan here but do people really not realize you can corner-bust with wall-stuck arc grenades and their insanely huge cone of effect?

How are you consistently missing the complaint about radar. Opposing players are already staring down the lane at the corner you are about to turn with your game changing rocket/pulse nade.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Eej posted:

I mean if you like low TTK that's fine almost every other shooter out there can service that need.

Lower ttk in D2 has been near unanimously praised as a result of the broken lens experiment this week. It isn't an outlying opinion to push D2 PvP in that direction. There have been a couple posters saying "if you want low ttk go play another game" which is a dumb argument considering how unpopular D2 PvP was prior to the lens.

Norns posted:

I wonder if Masterwork orb generation will have any effect on PVP at all

I wondered about that too. Bottom tree gunslingers already get a great boost to early supers, one with a masterworked heavy weapon could really change the flow of competitive/trials if they manage to get an early golden gun and another when everyone normally has super available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Jeza posted:

and more chance for individual playmaking.

What most criticism I've heard and given about D2 PvP boils down to. Not 360 doritos montages, but rather not being punished for not always teamshooting.

Eej posted:

I'm happy with the TTK of guns but I still wouldn't mind faster nade cooldowns.

They increased cooldown mod stacking to 3 (for example warlock bonds can now equip void grenade mods along with helmet and arms)!
Get your additional ~5 seconds while it's hot. :downs:

• Locked thread