Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

and Manananan

Better on Pleiades Corrector set to void, but you're getting there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Guys, you only have to run Castellum once to get the shaders. Same goes for Prestige, just open the first door and dunzo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

poemdexter posted:

Hooray. Looking forward to seeing how long it is.

Not long.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Mercury forge Weapons Impressions:

- Garden Progeny scout rifle. classic scout rifle, usable, not bad or interesting, but is decent enough for some scouting. the sight is a bit too big.
- Jack Queen King 3. hand canon. Boring,did not had anything that really impressed me.
- Machina Dei 4. Pulse rifle. Good but kind of slow.

I have yet to see anything that impress me here. Will still farm more mats to produce all of the verses if are made available.

Same, but tougher on the scout. Pulse is almost great but that slow rof is disappointing. Working on the last available verse now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Butter Hole posted:

Guys, I thought "CoO" stood for "cost of ownership" this whole time.

I feel like an idiot, but it's kind of a fitting acronym...

Destiny 2: Curse of Ownership

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Or pick hunter if you want to PvP and you are skilled.

We can always count on Tei to tell the truth.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

:-D

*picks random phrase* We are stronger together.

Live together, die alone

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Gate posted:

I feel like I remember something from D1 (probably in the book of sorrows) where Oryx was suspicious that Savathun had figured out how he was Taking things, and just biding time.

A big piece of the puzzle is understanding* the sisters and their individual powers and strengths, their weaknesses, their history, understanding their relationships to each other, to the Ascendent Realm, to the Sword Logic, and so much deep lore cockamamie rigmarole that basically so long as one is alive and kicking, we shouldn't be surprised at their power sets, especially wrt anything the others could do.

As I recall specifically, Savathun always had way more power and knowledge than she ever let on, and Auryx, later Oryx, was indeed highly suspicious of her. He attacked her forces at one point without prompt and outside their typical battling of their armies, decimating them, to teach her a lesson. And I also seem to remember that when Savathun dipped out, it was so that her Hive could grow and evolve differently, independently from Oryx's, and that it came directly after Oryx displayed to her what she considered to be devastating naivety.

She is, at her most base, driven by a desire to understand all. For this, she especially in contrast to Oryx is dangerous because the question isn't what does she know and what are her abilities, but what doesn't she know and what can't she do? And the fact that her Hive are likely inherently far more a danger than Oryx's Hive, her Taken as well, which doesn't even consider that there's indication she's straight commanding Oryx's old troops too.

Seriously can't wait for Taken Queen.

*as well as one can be reasonably expected to, which I'm probably lacking in also

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at Dec 9, 2017 around 17:39

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Sprinting past everything and taking your sparrow where it shouldn’t is kind of the thing with strikes even in Destiny 1. I feel like past the first the first playthrough that’s how 90% of the population plays them for better or worse.

Solution- stay back with the slow guy you will often get and kill everything with him as the hombre running ahead dies or whatev. I did that last night on the Mercury strike with the tower and it was a lot of fun, fast guy slowed down and burned rear end with us. Not one enemy left alive.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

I just assumed everybody wanted it done as fast as possible

I'm a weirdo and like going slow and killing everything in D2 strikes because this permits two additional people to earn me exp for Brights. I'll go fast if that's the speed but fast runs aren't saving a lot of time vs potential exp gain, imo. PEs good but there may be a bit if waiting for what may be a quick experience without a lot of enemies.

D1 the fun absolutely was in burning strikes as fast as possible. Good times

el B posted:

I like sprinting through the infinite forest and going fast because I like jumping puzzles, and this is a fun obstacle course.

Also wholly viable. It is fun, go so fast you end up guessing what the configuration is, get into some ridiculous attempts to correct course.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

UT shock rifle instagib with 20+ players might be the pinnacle of stupid fun.

IMO crucible could use a tank or interceptor battle option too.

Combined Arms? Ehhhh

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

This is quite the intellectualization of being retarded and bad.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Control Volume posted:

They should keep the radar and give PVP more options for AOE and flushing out people camping.

LMFAO, same, I'm too stupid to not die to people with superior map control and need the ability to call in an air strike or some poo poo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

You have seen nothing. Once we convince Bungie to put supers cooldowns on normal levels you will be living in a new game world where you will measure strikes by the number of orbs generated. And thats the good poo poo.

I do this now tho my actual criteria isn't how many did I make, but how many times more did I make than my two teammates combined.

(Orpheus Rig Nightstalker + a keen sense of when and where)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Same.

Hoping to get that gnarly looking Scout Rifle. Any weapons I should be on the lookout for?

Low key, Legendary new to CoO I had drop from Banshee, energy scout Metronome-52. Precision is the innate perk, with Full Auto. I was using it in Eater of Worlds last night to great success. Very chill to use (the flavor text even is something like, "Suros urges you to keep it steady") and definitely worth holding on to if you're a scout fan.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

There are hints in the lore that maybe our reality is not real, but exist inside a larger version of the Infinite Forest and the stranger where shooping different realities in this infinite forest to find a solution to his problems.

Sincerely, I'm pretty sure science today gives over 50% probability (80 something?) that irl is a simulation. Descartes and we're just vat brains and poo poo. While interesting, also completely meaningless.

Tho within Destiny it would at least be an amusing explanation as to why Guardians are such retards that our idea of saving the world is to knowingly play games within a simulation to the amusement of the Vex, when not doing the real heavy lifting of being heroes by playing games for the amusement of an insane alien dictator and helping fix his machine which is actively destroying our solar system.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Now if I could just get a celestial nighthawk sometime soon I'll be a happy camper.

*gives you every last Exotic engram I will ever obtain because 7 of every 10 contains it

Go nuts, bud.

Tokubetsu posted:

This is why FWC is the best faction. Everything is war and strife. Embrace it, become better at it. Which also makes hive the best faction with it's sword logic oh god we're all the same, it doesn't matter. Life is meaningless. Everything is mirrors.

*jumps into the shores of time*

Hell, same. I'm ready to just dip my dick into radiolarian and embrace a new lifestyle.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Wait faction rally got delayed because of reddit crybabies?

Listening to those shrieking idiots is honestly the worst thing that has happened to Bungie as a dev studio, cosmetic loot boxes be damned.

One week before CoO: the hype train is killed for incompetence.

One week after CoO: the game itself is halted for incompetence.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Skoll posted:

Sooo.. who were all the pyramid ship people from the end of D2's campaign then? The Vex?

The Darkness, or at least a corporealized form of the Darkness.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's bonus upsetting that Bungie devoted effort into things like Selfie Emotes and +10% XP Ghosts, which nobody cares about

I have both and am pleased as punch about this.
I am retarded.
I prove his point.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Cosmos Shell Best Shell

gently caress yeah it is, but we are an elite few who will ever get it and so it basically doesn't count.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Section Z posted:

But seriously, why the hell doesn't the GUNSMITH direct sell GUNS?

I get what you're saying but he does in that you never will fail to obtain a gun from Banshee. As to why no specific gun to buy on purpose, because his loot pool is so huge and having a thing be a daily complaint from the community seems a wise thing for Bungie to avoid rn.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

I finished the CoO story and got Aeon Soul gauntlets. Then I opened my powerful engram from the clan lady and got another pair. Then I turned in some tokens I had and got another pair.

Peak Destiny

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Jeza posted:

Everything except the legs looks horrific on Hunter so there's that.

Legs are easily the worst piece. Get something right for once. drat.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Masterwork Rockets actually suck.

1 rocket = 1 orb no matter how many kills you get.

The best MW are definitely kinetic and energy Scouts and ARs. Basically all Heavy Weapons suck at orb generation except +Ammo On Kill swords.

Complex Solution dropped for me last night with +Impact The Ammo on kill is only for heavy swipes but poo poo, it's something

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Complex Solution was the first Masterwork I got, and I never ever use heavy swings. It definitely gives +Ammo on light strikes!

I got a +Ammo roll. Not sure if I like that or if I'd rather have Impact. I haven't found any enemies that alllllmost die to a light/heavy strike so it seems like the +Impact won't make anything die to fewer attacks, unless it's a bigger bump than I'm assuming.

Sword Bros :predatorhandshake:

Hype!

The +Impact is 5. All this according to my looking at Ishtar Commander, a Complex Solution standard has an impact of 64 with an ammo capacity of 28 with Tempered Edge selected. +5 Impact Complex Solution with Hungry Edge has an impact of 65 with an ammo capacity of 30. So, ostensibly that's the extent of what it will permit. The difference of 1 to impact isn't going to do a drat thing ever in any scenario, and if it did it certainly wouldn't be some hero moment. But I like two more light strikes!

It is worth noting that mine set to Tempered Edge displays only an impact of 67, which is but +3 to the actual stat value, so these Masterwork values would seem to be different with every weapon, or at least archetype, ie Metronome-52 scout rolled +Ammo 10, which raised the mag from 16 to 17 lmfao (rerolled to +Range)

All that said, a 335 Quickfang I would often have to second swipe for a tiny bit of remaining health to an enemy, and that has an impact of 46. So pretty much no matter what, Complex Solution is going to be killing poo poo proper first try.

But yeah, I remember you posting about your sword which is why I got excited on this drop right away

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

*loving dies at those numbers*

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Magus42 posted:

"Powered" means you have ammo; it does not refer to the heavy strikes.

I picked up on this

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Orv posted:

Of course one of the prophecy weapons drops masterwork, of course it does.

My Saint-14 shotty came out Masterwork

But it's stability

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Eej posted:

Shinobu's makes Skip Grenades insanely motivated bloodhounds that will seek out enemies through doorways and around corners it's pretty neat for PvP

Those were D1 essential. If/when there's ever reason to move off Nightstalker, it's likely as hell I'm going back to them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Uriel’s or GTFO

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

the dope rear end New Monarchy diamonds shader on my Uriel's

This guy loving gets it. And set to solar?

Norns posted:

I prefer The Number over Uriels

Ur cool

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, just Mercury-centric. 75 yard cache and material radar, and bonus glimmer/chance at extra tokens on Mercury, plus omni-telemetry.

Yes, feel free to delete Sagira ghost. If you really need a very bad ghost shell, you can buy it back from Ikora.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Man, as fun and cute as the snowballs are, that poo poo made hunting for data lettuce for Ikora's gift a giant pain in the rear end.

They are neither of those things and they make everything a pain in the rear end.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

quite stretched out posted:

like last night with the pyramidion i managed to say "lets see if i can get it down these floating stairs without dying" and then the other two i was playing with immediately heard "guardian down" and cracked up

Wrong.

There are two large pillars on either side running parellel to the descent. At the very top, you can hop on the left one and ride it to almost the very bottom. This is the only correct way to Sparrow down.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

Masterwork positive outlook and last hope from the same vanguard turn in!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

khy posted:

Oh well, at least the Mayhem PvP mode is WAIT NO IT'S UTTER GARBAGE TOO HOLY poo poo BUNGIE.

Correct as can be but inaccurate as it is fun, if that's what one is looking for, and deservedly has its place and time. It's nbd tho, I'm not touching the poo poo even once (snowballs, either) and am copacetic. Just hit up Quickplay and chill, baby.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Snowballs own harder than I could have imagined. They do good damage, are great for mobs, and let you know who sucks (hint: they are the lame asses not throwing snowballs).

Lol okay, Jeza

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Eej posted:

I dropped 20 bucks on 14 Dawning engrams and got two pieces of Titan armour, the lovely exotic ship that will soon be dust and the exotic sparrow without instant transmit. All those legendary ghosts and sparrows should give me enough dust to grab the Titan Chest and Helmet so I feel pretty satisfied. The Dawning engrams have a smaller loot table so you basically get at least 100 dust per box which is nice.

I don't think S02 Brights have Uncommon Sparrows like S01? I think they are all a minimum of 100 now, which is very good.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at Dec 20, 2017 around 18:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Eej posted:

#justwhalethings
gently caress yes.

DrNutt posted:

Nonsense, I throw snowballs with all three of my characters.
Pffffff hahahahaha

«5 »