Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Posting in an undead game thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gives a reason for people to play story missions I guess?

By the time I did the story on my third character, my guy was already like 290 light.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"I sped through all the content guys, it's poo poo since there's only 30 minutes there cause I skipped everything."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

The new gear is good and I will definitely be trying to collect poo poo but the actual new content is meh as gently caress and extremely repetitive. Whoever said it reeks of trying to meet a deadline was right on the money. Also lol at the heroic adventure god drat. That poo poo was not balanced for a single player, at least not if you're going for the time limit. At least it still lets you finish and get your milestone but that was a big ol' kick in the balls.

I haven't done the Heroic milestone yet. Is that poo poo really timed like nightfalls?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ponzicar posted:

The Eververse poo poo seems like something that was tacked on to appease the executives demanding a microtransaction money fountain. It barely has anything that affects gameplay in it, and really should just be ignored.

It's just cosmetics, as it should be.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpookyLizard posted:

Do you have some loving source for this poo poo because sweet holy gently caress the most bothering thing to me was that there's A) no collection for ships and sparrows and B) that eververse is the only place to get them.

The source is checking the faction vendors. They each have a new gun, ornaments, ships, and ghosts.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

scuz posted:

I haven't been able to figure out what gun telemetry even does and whether it's worth the perk.

Gun telemetry basically sometimes gives you extra gunsmith parts to turn into Banshee.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why did no one mention how loving sick the Titan raid ornaments are?

Cause this thread is full of Hunter and Warlock jerker offers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

God, I wish I could use the Phoenix Strife instead of War Rig. It just looks so cool :smith:

It honestly feels like nothing else is worth using but the War Rig on a Titan. I wish you could wear more than one exotic.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

scuz posted:

Since I don't use auto rifles much, I'm more of an Anti-Extinction/Wildwood guy myself :buddy:

I can't give up my Guiding Star. I got one for each character now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

If pvp balance is gonna be a mess at least give it to everybody.

Best possible situation at this point.

But I doubt it was on purpose. Xur uses a deterministic algorithm and Bungie doesn't touch it. D1 they really should have put out gjallarhorn after like 6 months but noooo only that first time. They don't pick. Lol.

Think you're probably wrong on this one given how much poo poo they've been under lately.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Digital_Jesus posted:

All lens pvp is legit the most fuckin fun thing to happen to D2 since release and if Bungie doesnt take this as a learning experience and reverts pvp back to a snoozefest handcannonathon with a sprinkling of team MIDA theyre morons.

Went up against a team that didn't have any lens and we went 36-6 against them. I had 13.0 efficiency :laffo:.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

Man it's crucible challenge day, but doing these challenges requires me to not use the laser....

You can get the stay Above 1.0 with the laser. That's how I got it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So does Ikora only give you a weapon once per account for doing the Osiris campaign? I did it a second time last night and she never gave me fuckall but an engram.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

treizebee posted:

We are months post-launch and people still don't know how to turn Taken Blight heroic :arghfist:

I just avoid them for that reason. And Injection Rig.

re :Heroic Strikes; they are fun and good and I want more.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't had a legendary mod drop in weeks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Calsonic posted:

Took my team 6 loving hours to beat the new raid but we did it. That last boss is no joke. The rewards were terrible but it was still worth the experience.

You're welcome, BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS.

Does it not drop powerful gear?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have the Heroic and Nightfall stuff grayed out for them? I've done all the Mercury stuff on my Hunter but I can only do regular strikes. I switch to my Titan and I have full access...

What gives?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The modifiers in this game for poo poo like Nightfalls are mostly just unfun and feel artificial. The only one I really like is the Momentum one. poo poo like the timer and Prism can get hosed.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

wyoak posted:

You’re the first person I think I’ve heard of liking momentum.

Anyway nightfall without a timer is just a heroic strike, it needs a failure condition, and wipe to orbit is dumb because it encourages finding bugs in the maps and hiding there.

I like Momentum because it makes things more hectic. More hectic is more adrenaline and poo poo really gets popping.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ugh. Why the gently caress did they have to postpone faction rally for this? gently caress, I bet it's going to happen while I'm on vacation.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who the hell cares about their refunds, what matters is one of the supposed last “good devs” doing insanely bad and anti consumer poo poo.

You say that like Activision isn't making them do it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh yeah I’m sure the innocent little guys at Bungie aren’t trying to make every dollar they can squeezing blood from the micro and dlc stones

I'm sure the guys at :dice: love taking a steamy poo poo inside their hard work too.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So their solution to a PVP problem is to make it useless in PVE too. Nice.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sooo.. who were all the pyramid ship people from the end of D2's campaign then? The Vex?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

clone on the phone posted:

Which clan ended up having the most PC Aus players?

FLJK has at least a few fireteams of Aussies and we've a bunch of slots open.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Legs Benedict posted:

part of the problem is they use that fuckin hefty boy hunter model instead of the vastly superior female character model

really stunningly ridiculous how bad the male character model is for hunters

My gripe with that is you can't pick character models, not even Large, Medium, Small, etc. The Titans look like proportional humans whereas the Warlocks and Hunters look like they're malnourished Slavs.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am sorry you were born a girly man, Eej.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I feel like the stats on Masterwork are almost entirely incidental, they're there to spit out orbs in the right situations. Unfortunately the sword that I'll never really use rolled Masterwork, but since it's a Prophecy weapon I'm reluctant to melt it for orbs and I'm not big on redoing that kind of stuff on other characters because DIM.

You can safely melt the Prophecy weapons. I've probably had like four of the scout rifle drop since crafting it initially.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I think something is hosed up with the strike randomization because in grinding Paradox Amplifiers through Heroic Strikes while watching TV (and still usually carrying it despite that) I've gotten something like a 6:1 ratio of Savathuns:Anything else.

Nope. Did the milestone on two toons today and didn't get Savathun's Song a single time. Thankfully.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I must be the only one who thinks the Calus shader is gaudy and lame as gently caress. Only good use I found for it is on my Lost Pacific Titan set, cause nothing else makes you look like a NASA murdernaut.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hello.

I am a normal human being and I have three characters in Destiny.

I only play two though because warlock jump sucks rear end.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My solution thus far has been to only play Warlock when I am extremely bored. It is amazing how just one thing can make a class almost totally unplayable to someone.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Why does the Palpatine class have to have the worst jump in the game? What kind of sick joke is that?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

Is nowhere has bad as people make it. Is basically the same thing has titan jump, but the default mode is going down.

I don't care what everyone else says about it though. I personally find it unfun and bad. Yeah, I can make it work but it's nowhere near as fluid as the Titan or Hunter triple jump.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I've never played anime Team Fortress so I don't see why I'd rebind my keys to it. Destiny's defaults are ok.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Wow, the Kerak arms really do work with the feathers; I thought they looked a little goofy and swole, but that works well. I still feel like the NM version of that helmet is superior tho

You'd like the Saint 14 helmet then.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Legs Benedict posted:

Destiny needs to be less of an MMO, not more like one

Tell us your ideas.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Legs Benedict posted:

Uh let players in a fireteam trade gear after raids and poo poo I dunno

That would be awesome. Trading gear in general would be neat but it'd really only work for weapons I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Eh, I'm not really opposed to friends or even strangers boosting people since they've removed basically all competitive advantages of Light/Power Level. No harm at that point, especially considering how much of a chore it can (potentially) be to gear someone if you have a new friend joining you a couple expansions late.

I agree with this. PVP makes it to where Light doesn't matter so who gives a poo poo about PVE boosting when their proclaimed focus for this game is "esports"?

Like congrats, someone boosted to 335 in a game mode where they can be competitive at LL 35.

• Locked thread