Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

DaveKap posted:

So with the patch changing how six-shooter and moebius quiver work, are these 2 "avoid at all cost" skills now worth learning or is the "avoid avoid avoid" meta still intact?

six-shooter's worth taking now, it has the same duration as the now-nerfed three-shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Norns posted:

I wonder if Masterwork orb generation will have any effect on PVP at all

Probably not, the introduction felt like a way to get more supers in PvE content without touching super charge rate. Orbs in crucible barely charge your super and I'd be very surprised if multikill included double kills instead of gating the orb drops at 3+ kills in a specific timeframe.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Stability.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
One tracks PvE kills, one tracks PvP kills.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yo is there somewhere I can read like a solid summary of all thte lore and what the hell is actually going on?

Ishtar Collective.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Wheeee posted:

Blink is so poo poo

This, except, the opposite.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

I know that crafting is a sticking point that has permeated too many games, but a multiplayer game like this with a healthy PLAYER economy Destiny 2 has good use for crafting. It could both boost player interaction and make the Tower/Farm useful.

What if players could pick a trade: Gunsmithing, Engineering, Chemistry

Gunsmithing allows players to make specific mods for their weapons, tune their masterworks to either PvP/PvE, or creat weird perks like “this gun is both arc & solar damage” or “this gun heals your teammate if you shoot them”

Engineering would allow players to build or mod their Sparrow/Ghost/Armor Stats as well as modifying your ship with some kind of buff, like an orbital weapons air strike attack or a from orbit satellite allowing you to find specific types of mobs/resources. This would also allow you to engineer a stat point or two to your cape/mark/focus.

Chemistry would allow players to craft a variety of PvE/PvP buffs that function like medallions, except they could do way more, like boost sprint speed, or a potion that improves health regen for each teammate within 10 feet who also has that buff, or you explode in Arc energy when you die like the Vex.

The game already has a dozen worthless materials. What if Alkane, Phasedust, Dusklight, Simulation Seeds, etc had value? What if grinding for gun telemetry was worth it in any appreciable way?

By giving players trade-skills you encourage player economy and interaction, both of which improve the longevity of your game. It also further diversifies the game because instead of all 9 sub classes playing identically, a Solar Hunter with chemistry buffs moving and supering faster would then be different from a solar Hunter who had rare personal mods or whatever. These changes when tuned can make the player behind the wheel feel very cool and smart for tuning their load out, but don’t feel mechanically different to play against, which means it’s not as challenging to balance for PvP.

I’m just saying that all those resources are in the game, the skeleton for a player trade/crafting system is here and I earnestly believe it would create a meaningful and exciting end-game that fosters more player interaction and less hiding in your discord waiting for something to happen.

While I’m drawing up a magic pony wishlist:

Sparrow Racing League at the Farm

A PvE horde mode event in the Dark Forest with the shard, your fire team queues up and sees how long it can last until eventually the game is just shutting out yellow bar super Minotaurs and legionnaires

Create planetary tile sets for Infinite Forest and allow me to run Infinite Forest Rifts

Giant World Raid Bosses (A sea dragon on titan, a Vex Milk swamp thing on IO, a rogue AI swarm on Nessus, etc.)

gently caress off

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

* Complain to the Washington AG that Bungie doesn't let everyone do whatever. This gets SRL pulled.

was this actually confirmed anywhere or are you just talking out your rear end

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
im pretty sure it was gonna be absent regardless of whether or not the attorney general was contacted. they just didnt bother making it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

Obv

Is there even another way of obtaining ships?

Faction Rally and Iron Banner, whenever they next have one of those go live.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

Hmm, weird. These two identical shader stacks haven't stacked.

Okay, well maybe if I juggle it into my vault and out agai-

:thunk:

this isnt news, people have been talking about it since day one of the dawning, its because shaders you get out of your freebie dawning gifts dismantle into shards instead of bright dust

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
love too have my tiny shader inventory lose even more slots because bungie doesnt want people getting too many shaders for free that they could dismantle for 5 dust

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Elysiume posted:

Torrent in nightfalls too. I think mayhem and torrent are both too much, but going from either back to the base game is agonizing. Somewhere in the middle would be nice.

like...destiny 1 cooldowns?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

I keep adding myself to that discord and then sometimes I log in and it’s gone and I have to rejoin it, what is that about?

arent you the guy who was whining about how there were more than two channels there and kept pushing people to join your own cool kids club instead?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

wish i could play the same warframe as y’all because it is just the most bland, boring poo poo in the world to me

warframe's biggest sin is the fact the cool poo poo is locked behind the first few mastery ranks instead of letting you have some of it from the get-go

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Nuebot posted:

Actually it's lame and bad. Unlike Destiny 2, which has no content and is very unrewarding, Warframe has a ton of content that's still unrewarding and uninteresting. They also actively discourage you from trying to actually play the game. Really it's just more of the same. And the same is wet farts.

i dont think we're playing the same warframe

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

All those guys are gone. Replaced with dudes like Luke Smith, who was a games writer/podcaster/Halo Fanboy for 1UP.com back when Bungie was the guys you liked.

smith also designed vault of glass and wrath of the machine, and headed up the taken king expansion. he's not the problem, specific team leads like bakken and weisnewski are.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

The only problem with Destiny 2

lol

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

I mean, there's a lot of stuff in there, but most of it is "useless" because you get the best stuff often before you've even reached level cap. You never really get to spend any time with anything suboptimal, and optimal became the new standard.

quote:

only problem

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Nuebot posted:

It's a weird part of marketing these days I'll never get. Everyone knows streamers will hop right on to the new hotness the second it comes out. But developers continually waste a lot of money trying to appease them with free poo poo and shout-outs or whatever instead of worrying about making sure their dedicated fanbase is satisfied. Destiny 2's streaming numbers have never been spectacular because it's a boring game to watch - and the largest reason for that was because the guys in charge of PVP wanted to make a game that people could easily watch and keep track of on stream. Not one that was fun or interesting to play.

fun and interesting to play = fun and interesting to watch

bungie's d2 design is completely anathema to successful streaming, the issue isnt streamers being a thing, the problem is bungie not understanding what makes a game watchable.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm someone who plays Overwatch everyday, just loving mute people who say racist poo poo and move on with your life.

-looks at post-

-looks at av-

-looks back at post-

hm

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

Here’s a sidebar: has anyone ever met a woman in this game? My Trials playgroup was almost all EU and we had one women from Denmark who played, mostly PvE, but since launch I haven’t played with a single American female.

:females:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

i expected at least some effort out of you

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
did you actually send a request to the link you were provided in discord? b/c there were a bunch of variations on your name so the pc leader dude couldnt just manually add you

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

BofA Deez nuts LMAO

lol

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also it is just me or is that guy using a Jade rabbit and an acrius

eater of worlds shottie, not acrius

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

why would you want to shoot less in the shootmans game

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

In general you are shooting people through all of Castellum, the first third of gauntlet x3, and half of dogs before Callus, which is all shootmans, so like, it’s not even that bad.

Underbelly also has mans to shoot.

gauntlet adds are literally just there to pad out time, they're entirely inconsequential to the real encounter, and the "adds" in dogs are just there for ammo drops after completing the previous encounter

underbelly is just slinking through tunnels and avoiding fighting whenever possible

good job on completely misunderstanding what people are trying to say though

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
failsafe's good during the campaign and adventures and then they just got lazy writing her and she becomes awful in strikes and patrol dialogue

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
yes but not because of any physical need to, exos have a bunch of simulated biological functions to help keep the human mind from snapping and going crazy from being in a completely synthetic body

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
pretty sure we're just getting the home of the awoken, not the exo stuff

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

AAB posted:

god I wish this was true

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

That one moon map in vanilla even had Pikes and Turrets you could drive in crucible, because they wanted to be Unlicensed Halo so bad. It's unfortunate they listened to the streamers who are good at the game and wanted skill-based ground combat, and ignored the people who aren't good and want to run over that streamer with a nearly invincible tank; because that second game would have been much more fun.

streamers were the last ones who wanted ground based combat, the ability to take advantage of vertical space was what helped separate the wheat from the chaff and bungie explicitly, as in, confirmed in interviews explicit, nerfed aerial combat to reduce the skill ceiling and let the shitters feel like they were on a more even playing field

there's this stupid tendency to blame "the streamers" for all of the inherent issues in d2 pvp and it doesnt make sense because every change bungie made was either the monkey's pawiest version of what high level players asked for or an explicit attempt to help lovely players and nerf what good players could take advantage of

also mega lol if you think good players ever had to worry about being run over by a vehicle when all of them left the driver's head exposed for a quickscope with the ol' icebreaker

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

I can't claim to know what good people do because I'm not good, but it's not bullshitty enough. I have my limits of bullshit, I quit D1 when it became evident that nothing I could do in casual solo queue could compete with Doctrine, and I refused to participate in Trials to fight fire with fire. But they've continued to emphasize one shot kills with all this power ammo regardless. I'd rather just goof off and have fun with lots of grenades and lots of supers and running people over.

the supers and d1 grenades that were also one shots? i dont know what youre trying to argue for here

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
cheer up, its not like anyone will be running arcstrider when they could be running the hunter super with presumably the same stupid teleport bullshit but with wallhacks as a neutral game perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Republicans posted:

I haven't been keeping up, is the dream of using shotguns as a primary weapon real or are the ammo pools too meager for that?

occasionally the rng of ammo drops fucks you, but you can use a shottie pretty regularly

• Locked thread