Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
hey guys don’t forget about the Titan barf helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there is also an update next week

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

1stGear posted:

the uninspired Public Event

sorry, what?

It's by far the most involved and in-depth PE, yet...??

??????????????????????????????????

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Firebert posted:

Are the daily heroic adventures supposed to be solo or group play? I got close to the end when it bugged out completely but the damage done by the mobs was brutal and it had nightfall modifiers.

well they have the same recommended power level as the raid so that should give you some indicator!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i beat diablo 3's campaign mode in five hours blizzard please refund my money due to lack of content

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes the part of an SA thread where various people with different opinions express those opinions

it's loving tragic that there is no groupthink on this damned website i tell you what

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Section Z posted:

With all the talk about solo heroic strikes which I've not tried yet, I'm curious. The menu claims it has Matchmaking, ala normal strikes which had me encouraged given my bite sized bits of play between other stuff.

So how are so many people ending up solo then? Is the matchmaking busted? Is it trying to find people but there's nobody doing heroic strikes so just spits you out in it solo?

they're talking about Heroic Adventures, which are things you trigger from Vance in the Lighthouse and are PL300 with Nightfall-style modifiers

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DrNutt posted:

I'll restate that I am not saying that they intentionally balanced the heroic adventures for a full fireteam, but it seems like it's definitely some of the most difficult single player destiny content I've played. Does anyone know if you get a bonus or anything for hitting the time limit?

Also, I thought before I took my first heroic adventure that it said you could only do one per day, but after I did mine I was able to grab another one right away. :confused:

if you complete the adventure with the optional success modifier (Fallen: timer, Hive: don’t allow Hive on the plate, Cabal: no checkpoints) you get a “glimmering chest” with a guaranteed purple that i think is level appropriate

also yeah I think it bugged

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lmao they’re literally going to need another Taken King like expansion to save this mess

i mean they were already going to be releasing something in the same time frame so

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Butter Hole posted:

Is this expansion worth getting? I kind of feel like Bungie is spending goodwill they haven't earned here--the base game was fun for a while but I quickly ran out of things to do, and this game has a lot of inherent flaws (I hit ilvl cap and didn't really feel any stronger in world events or nightfall, what is the point of the grind if you don't get better?)

Looks like they only added one planet? How long before you run out of things to do again? I feel like this xpac would be free for a lot of other games. But I'll consider buying it if they've turned the page and the game is better.

Did you read the last four pages or nah

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Argas posted:

but all they could give us was world's most overhyped proc-gen.

making GBS threads out of your mouth like this is better suited for reddit

they specifically went out of their way to say that it’s not proc-gen or randomized, and did you completely miss No Man’s Sky? Jesus

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

you will have more points than there are unlockable talents for subclasses

this is not a joke

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Back Hack posted:

Data-miners have started going through the CoO DLC, apparently there are several Mercury based missions that are in the game, but haven't been turned on, one of them includes the fate of Saint-14. Whoever said they rushed it to meet a deadline was so spot on.

That’s not a rush job, it’s a time-gate and something they have been doing for like two and a half years now.

Since it’s tied to Vance’s Lost Prophecy poo poo it might even be something you get once you complete all 10 of them! Who knows!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I'd love to think that it was that post that tipped Bungie into doing it.

How does trials work? Only heard about it tangentially - never tried. PVP mode where you get kicked out for losing a match? Do you need to queue as a team or can you go in solo?

PVP mode where the map and match type are set every weekend and you have to go in with a fireteam, you cannot queue solo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Samu posted:

Heroic strikes just feel like regular strikes once you pass 300.

counterpoint: increased enemy density and major enemy spawns means far more frequent heavy ammo and potential super use, making heroic strikes more fun and also more rewarding if you’re grinding out Prophecy materials or vanguard tokens for masterworks next week

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Skoll posted:

So does Ikora only give you a weapon once per account for doing the Osiris campaign? I did it a second time last night and she never gave me fuckall but an engram.

Correct

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes they just have increased enemy density which includes more majors which means more heavy ammo and also more supers

they are more fun

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

Curse of osiris strikes suck donkey balls because they arn't even a new strike they put you in the loving story missions with more bad guys. The worst part is they don't even come close to the strikes that came with vanilla destiny 2!

Yeah they’re actually better than dogshit it’s great

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

pmchem posted:

I love most of the new DLC but the raid lair sucks balls. Extremely platformy, every single part of it is heavily about coordinating who's jumping where when. The shooty parts are both scarce and uninspired.

Finally we found a fucker who tumbled right out of the phantom zone

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

they got it right on the platform that doesn’t have lots of problems :smugdog:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

the good fax machine posted:

Bungies stance on XIMs lines up exactly with their position on using Pro Lens in pvp. So, an impotent “Please don’t do that.”

Actually their stance on using the Lens in PVP is “go nuts” considering their tweets and the fact that Xur sold it this weekend

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Tokubetsu posted:

so stupid why don't those strike playlists count for the world quest strike missions?

wat

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it's true, the best way to get developers to fix a broken game is to praise them constantly and inflate review scores so they have a sense of pride and accomplishment in their work.

there's a comfortable middle ground between the two and you know it

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

you could just click on the cute lil guided games button and queue up for that poo poo but that's for quadriplegics i guess

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Skoll posted:

I'm sure the guys at :dice: love taking a steamy poo poo inside their hard work too.

dice is owned by ea, bungie is not owned by activision

this is actually a very key distinction

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

This is the best version of pvp in destiny ever. Lazer beams!

enjoy it for another 12 hours bud

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If you guys have that cooperative RPG loot itch that needs scratching and you're getting a bit fed up of Bungie's mishaps, the Monster Hunter World beta for playstation owners is on its last day right now and it's preeeetty good.

it is absolutely not going to scratch that itch for a lot of people who play destiny, even if it is a good game

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I don't really understand what faction rallies are and why these changes would cause them to be delayed. Some thing where you turn in tokes and get engrams, faction with the most tokens is the winner?

yes that is a faction rally and for some reason it was going to be locked to DLC owners only and now it isn't

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Okay, uh, I think I have to give that one to reddit. What the hell were they thinking?

:iiam:

banner and trials being DLC locked is fine cuz they always have been (though they won’t be anymore!!), but the faction rally thing was really gobsmackingly stupid

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

there is a season 1 emote for sale at eververse this week

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

they can track either or but not both

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

+10 magazine seems like basically a +10% increase

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you didn’t, you should all try to do the post-verse 10 adventures, because i’m assuming us getting it this early was an accident. the shotgun at the end is pretty solid, too.

it seems like you only got it if you did all the verses last week and then verse 10 this week, so definitely an accident

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

Does this ever go on sale?

constantly

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Hey is Coldheart still prochoice for Calus? Especially with the lens nerf t through January? Got a 322 Coldheart drop and I'm trying to decide whether to feed it to my Origin Story, Sweet Business, Lens or just keep it for Calus. I'm wondering if Lens is still the better choice despite being nerfed because the expanding damage bubble seems like it would be ridiculous for skulls.

Lens does poo poo damage on Calus/any other single target like that so even though it would be bonkers for skulls you’re still gonna be shorting yourself overall DPS.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DaveKap posted:

- The main raid's normal mode is no longer 270, it's 300, so you can't "overpower" it making it easier to play.

you couldn’t do this (this being “overpower” it) anyway so it’s a moot point imo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

DaveKap posted:

Y'know I though I had a solid answer on this but since CoO came out, I'm not so sure anymore. Here's the thing.

Originally, you'd start the raid and everything would be power 260. Through some iteration, it goes up to 280 at Calus. My guess would be 260 in Castellum, 265 at room 1, 270 at room 2, 275 at room 3, ending up with 280 at Calus. The only reason I came to this conclusion was because you couldn't enter the raid until 260, the recommendation is typically the average between the low and high ends of power (thus 270 was recommended,) and when I died at Calus I recall distinctly seeing "recommended power, 280" in the top right where it tells you why you might want to level up to tackle whatever killed you. With these facts in mind combined with the often-thrown-around fact that 293 was the point at which any higher power level did not change how much damage you did to the enemy, then you would have to say that the hardest the normal raid got was at 280 and your power level mattering against that stopped at 293, 13 levels higher.

So now that the raid is power 300 to non-DLC owners, how do you get 13 levels higher in power? For that matter, does the entirety of the normal raid stay at 300 or does it increase by 5 the way it used to, landing on 320 as its hardest power? I ask this because when you try to do guided games for normal difficulty raid, the UI actually says the recommended power is 310, which non-DLC owners cannot reach. And if the power does hit 320 at Calus and you're stuck at 305, how is that power differential moot?

Help me understand why this is a moot point because this information all kinda points to it not being moot at all.

sorry if you misunderstood, what i was getting at is that you cannot be “overpowered” for the raid because once you’re over the recommended power level you don’t get more powerful; it levels off

in regards to what you are getting at, i hadn’t thought of it and haven’t done a full raid run since the dlc came out so i’m not sure if the difficulty scale is still in place

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Laser tag got old after like 5 matches

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

what's THE DAWNING

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46547

let buengie explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Back Hack posted:

So they just straight up skipped faction rally, not just delayed it. gently caress you, Bungie! :argh:

damned if they do damned if they dont am i right folks

• Locked thread