Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i don't get the expansion what am i missing out on, just the new raid?

also how did the karnstein armlets work before the change, i've been running nothing but nezarec's crown on my warlock since i got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Expansion is new Story stuff, Mercury zone, 2 new strikes, and 2 new crucible maps, and level cap to 25.

ah. i should probably get the expansion then.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

J.A.B.C. posted:

Every hit restored about 15-20% health, and a small chunk of class/melee/grenade. With stormcallers you could use the chain lighting melee to tear through crowds and be kept alive by the health restoration, where devour locks could essentially devour forever with grenade and melee recharge.

Makes handling ads a joke, as it's easy to get melee kills in 1-2 hits and the health regen kept up with enemy damage numbers.

Gotta see how they play now, though.

ok, sounds like pretty much the reason i use nezarec's paired with a void damage energy and power weapon in both slots. guess i'll keep rolling with that!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

big nipples big life posted:

On a controller it's the same as consoles, on mouse and keyboard there is none.

isn't there some thing where you can plug in a dongle or run an app and get all the aim assist while simultaneously using a kb+m

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, what the heck is a trace rifle? Those constant beam ones?

yeah. i think there's literally a single one in the base game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know if you're thinking of consoles specifically but aim assist in regards to pve on the PC seems like a moot point since AI enemies move incredibly predictably, or slowly, or basically not at all while they're being shot so it's very easy to cap domes (and/or tummies in the case of the vex), no aim assist really required

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

:siren: I just got selfie from the free bright engram :siren:

kudos on that rocking color scheme my man

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have never really had that issue ever but except for maybe submachineguns in pvp i never fire from the hip only iron sights, which i think you're supposed to do a lot in this game, so that's on me.

edit: what i will say, and have said before, i have a lot of issues with guns having really misaligned sights in the first place so you need to relearn where your bullets are landing

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 5, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z posted:

EDIT: What part of "I'm talking about the impact an intended PvP/MIDA nerf will have on PvE/Not MIDA", seems to be going over heads?

I don't think it's going over my head at all? I'm saying that PvP/MIDA nerfs will have a very minimal impact on PvE/Not Mida, because autoaim is less impactful in PvE than it is in PvP in the first place

edit: come to think of it technically my opinion on that applies regardless of whether you're using a gamepad or kb+m

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 5, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

I just need that sticker bombed exotic weapon ornament!

i need both this gun, and this ornament

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

has anyone mentioned the new dance emote is the time warp from rocky horror picture show

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow did you guys know if you double tap strafe on any bike you can dodge left and right

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just did all 3 daily challenges on all of the base game planets to try and build up some glimmer and i spent the 15k i made repainting my ship and a couple of guns.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Peewi posted:

Is there a soft cap, like 265 in the base game, or can you get to 330 by doing whatever?

i've been getting random blue drops on the floor at 297-299 for my characters who were in the low 290's so it quickly bumped my rank up to 301, but it seems to have stalled out around there, so i'd say that's the new softcap

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edit

gently caress

beaten

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Coughing Hobo posted:

This is my cross to bear as well. I'm constantly low on glimmer because if I ain't lookin' pretty, then what's the loving point of this dumb hell game.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I'm stashing a raid shader to slap on one of my vehicles (torn between my sparrow and ship) but that price tag. :pcgaming:

it's even more frustrating because i haven't even gotten purple mods that i like for all my equipment yet and those cost money to roll for and a hefty chunk of change to slot, i should theoretically be spending it on that instead of pretty princess dress up. theoretically.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z posted:

Right now (at least for me) Kinetic purple mods are on the short list of "Guaranteed purchase with 5 mod materials and 10 shards" so check out the gunsmith if you've got shards to spare. I'm always running low for whatever reason. I guess I spend too much time feeding Blues to my gear and multiple guns of the same category instead of waiting for a same type purple I don't wanna keep.

Everything else has so many options to cram at least SOMETHING into a hunk of armor, or an Energy/Power weapon. No luck on recovery legs? Shove some Solar Melee into your pants in the meantime.

But I've been hanging onto a Minimum Distance I don't use too much, my very first "Came with a purple mod" kinetic, because Kinetic mods are pure strain RNJesus.

is it case of "literally best" to slot resilience/mobility/recovery into armors or is it a matter of preference? with the aforementioned nezarec's void warlock running two void guns i've got void grenade and void melee cooldowns in the armor bits i've bothered to slot just to get me my various sources of devour back that much faster, but i'm sitting at 4 resilience and 9 recovery (0 mobility)

but i did take advantage of the kinetic mods at the gun shop, because i swear those things are rarer than any other loving mod in the game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in case like me anyone else is wondering about these new and wonderful toys it does look like destiny sets has updated with them: https://destinysets.com/all-items

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

in case like me anyone else is wondering about these new and wonderful toys it does look like destiny sets has updated with them: https://destinysets.com/all-items

oh wait i loving lied i just tried to click on one to examine it and it gave me an undefined error whoops

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

General Battuta posted:

Somebody tell me all the good lore/flavor text/story development from this update. Or I guess I could watch a playthrough!

turns out, the real destiny was the friends we made along the way

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean considering you can max out every skill tree in the base game what practical purpose does raising the character level (not light level) to 25 even serve? is it just a way of letting expansion buyers get 5 bright engrams relatively quickly?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

honestly as i was knocking out challenges last night trying to make cash i got more legendary and exotic engrams out of public events than i've seen in a long time (want to say two of each) so i didn't know if something got rejiggered or what

one of the exotics was a duplicate starfire chest and the other was a D.A.R.C.I so who really gives a poo poo, but still

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Norns posted:

I did like 30 between my characters and got tokens and blues. Was rad.

this is how it usually goes for me, maybe we swapped loot tables

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the inventory ui is extremely bad. it needs tabs, it needs filters, and it needs sorts that actually work.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Snuffman posted:

What makes the lens so good? Doesn’t it still need power ammo?

i think it's just an energy weapon isn't it?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i cannot shake the sneaking suspicion that the people claiming that the destiny 1 story was any less lovely than destiny 2's story are just lying to themselves but as i have not played destiny 1 i cannot confirm

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

or you can eat your grenade if you have one handy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xarbala posted:

Oh man, that's the lynchpin to the entire build too. You eat your grenade, go on a killing spree, replenish your grenade after like five kills. Then you can blow it on some mooks, which gives you credit for the grenade replenish anyway, or save it if everything's already dead.

i minmax it by starting my devour with a punch, and then saving my grenade as a snack if my devour ends before my punch finishes getting refreshed by nezarec's. once the punch is cooled off, grenades are open season for chucking whenever. that way i'm never without a way of starting a new devour in case my current one wears off during a lull for whatever reason

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, yeah, that might be part of it, I don't have a Nezarec yet. Honestly I spend most of my time as Stormcaller nowadays because I have Crown of Tempests and it's bonkers good.

Plus I always feel like I get more mileage out of Stormtrance than I do Nova Bomb in Crucible.

yeah i'm mainly pve focused and as great as devour warlock is in pvp, the place where it feels the most absolutely broken is during solo pve where you can carry your devour for minutes at a time. i hear tell that karnstein's gauntlets and stormcaller go together pretty well.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i actually have a harder time with doing content with my friends than solo as a devour warlock because i'll pop it and jump into a big pile of enemies expecting to keep chaining it and then my friends keep finishing all the enemies before i do so my devour ends and i get my rear end shot off

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

scuz posted:

Honest question: what's different about CoO that sets it apart from, say, WoW's Burning Crusade? Similarities off the top of my head:
  • Can't level beyond a cap without purchasing the expansion
  • ~$20
  • World map areas are off-limits to non-expansion havers*
*This I'm kinda foggy on since it's been a long time since I've even WoWed.

What I'm still miffed about is I've gotten nothing but a blue and two tokens out of every CoO chest I've looted so far. The Crucible is still my favorite place to generate RNG chances.

the main thing people are pissed about is there were a couple of hard mode things you could do in the vanilla game that you can no longer do now that the expansion has been released because they got bumped up to the higher level cap

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

You were right it was $40, sorry it was 11 years ago.

I think my point still stands though, given how much game Vanilla WoW had compared to Vanilla D2

was burning crusade the first expansion because i'm pretty sure it was a hot and spicy $70 but i may have bought it alongside the vanilla world of warcraft in a bundle

i only quibble over this point because my wow-playing friends in college talked me into picking it up for that price american at which point i proceeded to play with them once and never again and it remains one of the worst videogame purchasing decisions i ever made

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how'd they handle this issue in density 1 anyway?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Back Hack posted:

They did the same thing in D1.

:discourse:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the single most important thing about better devils is that the explosion from the explosive rounds doesn't have falloff damage

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean regardless of the information it conveys that's kind of a neat gif

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

Crimson, the new exotic kinetic handcannon, runs out of ammo too easily. It has the same ammo reserve as a typical handcannon, but the three-round burst isn't more powerful then the normal one shot. So essentially the same total damage output but a third of the rounds to do it with...
If it weren't for that, it could be really strong and fun if you forget that it feels like any boring pulse rifle.

The sight combined with how the gun recoils is hot garbage though.

haha what's the point of making a handcannon with a 3 shot burst if you're going to make them average out to a single shot anyway, just make the gun shoot one shot

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

loev 2 jerk off my warlock n cum a big purple wad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought shoulder charge was only aoe with one version of the striker subclasses

which is insane with the skullfort don't get me wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i cannot say anything about shoulder checking dudes in raids and nightfalls but i will confirm that legionnaires needed softening up before shoulder checking if you didn't want to ruin your skullfort streak

• Locked thread