Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Were they planning on doing any gear balancing this/next week or was that a "next year" to-do item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I really hope the raid lair is open this week but I fully expect it to not be.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Schneider Heim posted:

Is the level cap going up with the expansion?

330 (335 w/ mods)

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They said the lair will have completely different loot, right?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

quote:

Hunter leg armor with Survivalist stat package now grants Recovery

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That's a drat good change to Lucky Pants, too.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kyrosiris posted:

I imagine it must have an ICD of some sort, otherwise that'll be great with something with a high rate of fire in your other slot.

It would be funny if they over-loaded like Sturm/Drang.

I wonder how those will interact with Lucky Pants.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Server's up, BTW.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dangerously Cheesy

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

treizebee posted:

I just got one of the new Osiris SMG's and it might be a competitor to Antiope.

900 RPM with slightly lower range!

I got an Atalanta-D which has a ridiculously fat suppressor on it. It's a 600rpm Hakke energy SMG with bad stats that I fed to my Antiope.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You are as dumb as your forum handle suggests

I really don't get the hooplah over it. The Antiope is just better.

Snuffman posted:

Which CoO missions are reused for Strikes? I didn’t get them in my heroic strike playlist today.

Do they at least try to make them feel original with new dialogue?

I've played through the one with the cyclops boss already and I'm guessing the one with the Cabal guy and maybe the end boss of the story.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 6, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The hunter jester pants are pretty great. The top arcstrider tree already let you punch and dive forever, now all the enemies around you get disoriented so they don't shoot you nearly as much in the process.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eej posted:

The new monarchy ornaments are by far the best. The Hunter gear which is unfortunately mobility comes with a gold plated arm.

They improved baseline regeneration enough that going more into mobility/resilience feels perfectly viable. I even prefer mobility now.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Waffle House posted:

Man, they are handing out legendaries in Crucible matches right now. This is awesome.

I got a full set of the faction armor on my hunter just doing call to arms.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I actually wanna play Trials now that everyone will have the same fun, broken weapon.

Maybe Bungie will learn something from this.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I just hope the fix to the lens in pvp doesn't mean it gets nerfed in pve as well because it's super fun to hose down clusters of enemies with it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Orv posted:

No, it doesn't have the same tick problem in PvE, it's just a slightly AoE Coldheart.

I think it does more up-front damage than Coldheart as well so if they don't nerf it too hard it might still be a more viable alternative to Coldheart in pvp.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Fly Molo posted:

Same here, even when everybody does good damage with coldheart/cluster bombs/empowering rift/rally barrier, we're barely able to take down half a bar of health per damage phase. Not enough to kill him in just 4 rounds...

Were you using extra head lasers you don't need to open the shield? They do a ton of damage.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So if Coldheart is about focusing damage on a single target and Prometheus Lens is best for killing lots of small fry, what will the inevitable void trace rifle do? Portion of damage returned as healing?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The more I play around with armor/stat sets that aren't just all restoration the more I wonder how much legendary mods on armor are worth it.

Are public events the most efficient way to gain glimmer? I'm constantly scraping 5k together just to get a mod installed.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I still haven't done any trials because I'm generally pretty happy with my welfare engrams. I got the new scout rifle today that's essentially a MIDA with explosive rounds. Still haven't found a better sniper rifle than The Long Walk, either.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kessel posted:

I have this problem with Sunshot. Datto et al. are definitely correct in calling it a top-tier handcannon for PvP as well as PvE but the way the entire model bounces up after every shot and blocks the sight picture makes it quite difficult for me to actually land all precision shots at a 150 rpm cadence.

If your monitor has a crosshair overlay option use it. It makes Shattered Peace my favorite gun in pvp.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eej posted:

Mayhem taught me that Dawnblade has the best Warlock super but it's not as good as Hammer of Sol which means it still won't compensate for how lovely the rest of its kit is.

Void Bomb with Dire Skull is better imo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Well I do need to farm some of those thingies that drop for forge weapons...

Edit: Yeah this is way too much fun.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 21, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That's fair, makes me feel less like I'm cheating when using it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Peewi posted:

It's a little frustrating to be one item slot away from 335 power and not get anything for that slot in your powerful gear engrams.

And since that slot is cape, I wouldn't be able to farm exotics for it either.

At least masterworks seem a little more frequent now that I'm 334 so that's another thing to shoot for when you're near/at power cap.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Some UT2K4 game modes would be very welcome. Assault, Onslaught and Bombing Run could all work within the game's framework if they just drop the asinine 4v4 restriction and make some larger maps.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Firebert posted:

Mobius quiver still sucks poo poo

I don't have Orpheus Rig yet but I still haven't taken that in case I ever do.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm a Beetleborg!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I miss machine guns. :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hope they didn't fix that one bugged null sector in the EDZ.

They did a while ago, it was mentioned specifically in patch notes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Huh, I was wondering why The Colony had lovely tracking whenever I used it. I have a 144hz monitor.

Well they managed to fix people cratering from those jump pads on mercury so they should be able to fix that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Skoll posted:

Killing Floor 1 & 2 are a thing and both are great.

It would be pretty rad if Killing Floor 2 had L4D style campaigns.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Space Hamlet posted:

https://gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeShoddyElephantbeetle

woah

edit: oh that's huge just click to see dawnblade go fast

Boy that's gonna make running through strikes and skipping as much content as possible so much easier.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I thought Sweet Business was pretty good with the poor ammo reserves the only significant flaw. Gonna use the hell out of it on my titan again, at least.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

comatose posted:

I thought I heard in one of those dev talk videos posted recently that they're nerfing the clan engram rewards because they didn't like the idea of people doing nothing and getting something even though theres nothing to actually do in this game.

They'll probably just cap the rewards at 340.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

1stGear posted:

The campaign is almost worse than CoO's, which is pretty impressive tbh.

ahahahaha holy poo poo and it ends right when something interesting happens loving how can they be so bad at writing

At least it doesn't make you run through the infinite forest several times.

Here's a new exotic SMG I got:

The portion of your magazine it refunds (it generates it, not taking it from reserves) is half, BTW. It has a fairly long but classy-looking reload animation. It also has rampage and ricochet rounds. The perfect mook-murderer.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 9, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How many "gods" of the Fallen and Vex have we killed? Zavala's right, gods ain't poo poo and we could have killed it easily enough without Rasputin's help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I haven't been keeping up, is the dream of using shotguns as a primary weapon real or are the ammo pools too meager for that?

• Locked thread