Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Pirate Jet posted:

So is the original Leviathan raid gonna give now-useless 300-305 gear still? Cause I still haven’t found a decent group of people to run through it with. :/
Nah, they said they're going to retune it so that it's still concurrent endgame content alongside the new lair. I believe that the numbers they gave were 300 power for Calus (so max damage done/min damage taken at 320 light) whereas he's currently around 275 (I believe the number people mentioned for it at the moment is 293 for max damage done/min damage taken?) so you'll still be able to get around 15-20 levels higher than it maxes out at just like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Angry Walrus posted:

six-shooter's worth taking now, it has the same duration as the now-nerfed three-shot
Do you know if it still has the hidden falloff penalty that it did before?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What are the new softcaps for rares and legendaries in COO
300 for blues and 305 for legendaries.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

clone on the phone posted:

Which clan ended up having the most PC Aus players?
2 chill 2 serious [TIME] from Serious Overchill has an above average number of Oceanic/Asia/US night shift people and still has 8 spots open. It’s not Aus specific but it’s the closest thing we have to it at the moment.

I’m not sure if any of the HOTDOG clans are Aus focused but ICR or Waffle House might be able to comment.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'd take one for Nightstalker for every time the drift during the windup causes you to clip your arrow on some level geometry right in front of you instead of going to the intended spot.
Or drift into a bottomless pit between platforms.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cowcaster posted:

i thought region chests reset, kind of like how lost sectors do
They seem to be a once per account deal since I collected all of them on my Titan (my first character) and then there weren't any available on my Hunter or Warlock beyond the initial one Devrim gets you to loot as part of the intro quests.

Except of course with Curse of Osiris they added 5 more on Mercury which are character based rather than account based because ???? ???. Also, if you haven't done the chests on Mercury yet you get 2 guaranteed legendary drops when you open the fifth one on a character.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Bleck posted:

You are right, Hunters do feel bad
You can comfortably get to 8/9 recovery as a Hunter post CoO thanks to the fixed recovery pants, the new mods and the stat distribution on the gear from Vance on Mercury.

I’m still running 6/6/4 for crucible on my Hunter and don’t really plan on changing that any time soon because gotta go fast. Pair with MIDA/Stompies for an extra good time.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

khy posted:

So has anyone done any good testing re: Practice Makes Perfect?

I can reach and maintain 3 stacks of the buff as a hunter far, far, far more easily with my Origin Story than I can with, say, Better Devils. Does the weapon affect how much super you gain with PMP or do you get the same amount of super no matter the gun? Because that seems like it'd be a HUGE deal for golden gun hunters if they can get their super 2x faster using an AR than a scout or cannon.
Thanks to masterwork weapons it doesn't really matter any more because the super generation from the orbs those make is waaaaay higher than Practice Makes Perfect. I have a masterwork Better Devils on my hunter and I like it a lot because you're less likely to get kills sniped from you by teammates which results in more orbs which is more supers.

Turns out being able to use your supers all the time in Strikes makes them really fun. Who knew? Oh wait, the Destiny 1 players did.

I am really looking forward to Mayhem during the Dawning.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Orv posted:

Six Shooter is still just Worse Super. You get three more shots for a total of six shots that each do a fourth of the damage of the normal three shots.
I admittedly only ever use that tree in Crucible but I haven’t noticed a damage drop off like other people said there was before. They cut the basic 3 shot duration and buffed the 6 shot so I figured I may as well buy the ability and it still one shots players in Crucible so :shrug:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

kzin602 posted:

Applied for [TIME] 2 Chill 2 Serious as geekboi#1528
Got you.

Related, if anyone here applied to TIME with the name @OddPirahna or BEAR as @Haquer you're either not on any of the Discord servers I frequent (Overchill, Hotdog, Naan) or your name/nickname doesn't line up with your BattleTag. Please either join the Overchill Discord (since you've applied to an Overchill affiliated clan) and say something or shoot me a DM on Discord at Mercurius#7547.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

There's some stuff mentioned in grimoire cards that I think has also been carried over into some of the lore tabs on D2 exotics about Uldren Sov working to unite the Fallen or something similar following the battle against Oryx around Saturn in The Taken King. Maybe we'll see at least some Fallen (more than just that guy who hangs out with the Queen in D1) that are friendly in a future DLC?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Elysiume posted:

What is the answer for people new to Destiny?
Rasuptin made contingency plans to nuke the gently caress out of the Traveler if it tried to leave but he never needed to use them because the Traveler decided to stay of its own accord.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

khy posted:

So did the raid tonight, picked up a Masterwork Ghost Primus. Now I'm torn - GP versus Origin Story.

GP has lower impact but higher ROF, but also seems less stable - I have a harder time keeping all shots on the juicebox. Origin story hits harder but slower, but feels more stable with less recoil.

I have both with a MW, the GP is +10 magazine while the OS has +5 range. Which do you guys prefer and why?

This is purely from a PvE perspective but I tend to rely on the kinetics as my 'main' weapon and don't really stay on my energy weapon past knocking down something's shield (bar special cases like yellow/orange bar enemies or on my warlock with Positive Outlook and Ophidians) and I've found I prefer the feel of different ROF autos in each slot as a result.

I personally find that I generally prefer 600RPM autos for my kinetic slot since they're a good balance of magazine size/ammo reserves (which I feel the 450 RPM autos like Origin Story are lacking) and per shot impact (compared to the 720 RPM autos like Guiding Star which I feel take an awful lot of headshots to kill things). Conversely, I don't spend a lot of time with the energy weapon out so if I'm using an AR for the energy slot I tend to find that I prefer the 450 RPM variants like Uriel's Gift or Positive Outlook because they do a lot more damage per shot and since I primarily use them to remove shields or shoot yellow/orange bar enemies (which kinetics don't seem to get a headshot bonus against) ammo is much less of an issue.

Perks are also something you need to consider, too. Origin Story's rampage perk is great if there are little adds you can kill to keep it going but if there aren't and you're just shooting a single big target then you'll be better served by something that gets its bonus from just shooting the gun. If you're a Titan, Ghost Primus' perks can be set up to take better advantage of the Actium War Rig with the High-Impact Reserves/Under Pressure perks meaning that the second half of your magazine both hits harder and is more stable. For Masterworks I'm a fan of reload on basically everything because it straight up increases the sustained damage you can do with the weapon and I assume that's why you're using an auto rifle in the first place since stuff like Nameless Midnight or Better Devils are better if you want punchy burst damage.

I usually end up swapping between weapons depending on the fight so in your case I'd keep both and kit out Origin Story for shooting trash and Ghost Primus for shooting big single targets. You can swap your kinetic/energy slots around in combat without losing ammo the way you do with power weapons so it doesn't hurt to be flexible.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

khy posted:

Looking up stats, on paper it seems like OS beats out GP by a tiny bit. Using stats from DIM, GP has 600 RPM with 21 impact so 210 'DPS'. OS has 450 RPM with 29 imapct, so 217.5 DPS.

But there's 2 aspects that cause that to vary. The first being the gun's perks, and I agree that Rampage is much better versus hordes of mobs than bosses. The second being the recoil/stability. There's noticably more recoil with the GP than there is with OS, and that means keeping the gun on the juicebox is more difficult. The more crits you land vs bodyshots, the more damage you're doing - there's no easy way to quantify that with numbers, but I wonder if OS might make up the loss of damage vs bosses by landing more crits.

It's probably about even in the end. Which sucks because I hate being indecisive about two equally good, equally fun guns.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I use a kinetic counterbalance mod. Kinetic counterbalances do basically nothing to guns that have the 'Precision' frame like Origin Story but they definitely do help reduce the sideways jitter on guns that aren't precision frames like Ghost Primus. I've never noticed any significant difference in jitter between the varying kinetics and I think the counterbalance is probably why.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

DARCI doesn't change the fact that Brakion's line rifle one shots you if you get bad modifiers like 'half health/shields but double regen'. No margin for error at all makes it awful if you've just queued into the strikes playlist on your own.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

TIME (one of the Overchill clans) currently only has 3 open slots left in it but I'm in the process of running a d2checklist query against it for actives and I'm going to purge anyone that hasn't got any weekly activity stuff listed against them so that we can start bringing more people into it. If I purge you accidentally because the system isn't updating properly just re-apply for it and as long as I can easily find your name in Discord I'll get you back in right away.

Also, I'm an Aussie so sometimes there'll be longish delays with your applications being approved as I'm asleep or at work during US primetime.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Oxyclean posted:

Heroic strikes almost feel more like I'm playing Gears of War with how much time I need to spend hiding with most modifier setups. Also gently caress 30 second respawn timers.

The rewards for heroic strikes are trash too.
I think that this is on the roadmap to be addressed in next week’s patch.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

doctor 7 posted:

Clan engrams are hosed and if you decode them they become regular engrams. You got around this by not decoding and waiting for them to auto decode on the weekly reset.

You can check the power level of the powerful engram before you decode. If it says it is the same level as a regular purple don't decode it: it's hosed.
There’s a mix-up in terminology here I think that’s causing the confusion. There are three types of engram being discussed:
  • Clan Exp Milestone: your weekly personal contribution to clan experience that rewards a powerful gear engram. This is the one that’s bugged and you currently need to leave it and let decrypt at the weekly reset to get the actual powerful gear from it
  • Clan participation engram: Nightfall/Crucible/Raid/Trials as a clan fire team which is available to all members of the clan once completed. These used to be powerful gear and could contain weapons from the Raid/Trials but it’s been changed so that Nightfall/Crucible give you gear at the same level as a normal legendary engram drop and Raid/Trials give you gear thats’s 5 power level higher than your normal engram drops. Raid/Trials engrams also don’t give Raid/Trials weapons any more.
  • Flashpoint engram: weekly powerful engram from completing public events on a specific planet. As far as I know only one person has reported an issue with this and it’s working normally for everyone else.
We’re hoping that the Clan Exp milestone engram gets fixed in next week’s patch because it’s kind of annoying.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ponzicar posted:

Now this is a super lovely change. I liked being able to get an occasional cool toy to play with, without having to endure six hours of synchronized simon says, or try to win against organized pro gamer squads.
The other really lovely bit is that the Raid/Trials engrams still only drop a single piece of gear unlike the other two which are 2 items+shaders or mods.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lagnar posted:

Just applied to join 2chill after playing solo since launch. Looking forward to actually having people to do raids and such with and not pugs!
Got you. Join the Serious Overchill Discord that ICR has linked in the OP if you haven’t already, it’s how we coordinate stuff since there’s no way to do so in game :downs:

If you applied to TIME and your battletag starts with one of the names below can you please say something and/or join the Overchill Discord.
  • LtBearington
  • Eliira
  • goldenogre
  • eorld

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Pressed button for all you guys. You'll want to join the Serious Overchill Discord because of this lmao:

PopeCrunch posted:

Is there seriously not a clan chat channel?
e: The channels you're interested in are #destiny-2, #d2-pvp and #d2-lfg which are the general chat channel, PvP discussion/grouping and general strike/raid/other stuff grouping channels respectively.

We got a anyone called 'bamhand' or 'Crodough' who applied for 2 chill 2 serious/TIME? Can't find you on Discord.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 30, 2018

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Phraggah posted:

When do peeps normally do heroix?

I'm told to save milestones for 270 and the grind to 300...right? Been following the progression guide in the op.

I do not mean 360. I have no expansions. I'm long finished with all vanilla campaigns.
260 was the original soft cap where you wanted to start turning in powerful engrams iirc. Basically at that point blue/purple gear from random drops will never be less than 10 power below your max power level so they’ll never be upgrades and powerful gear drops are the only real way to improve your overall power.

I believe the same point is at 300 for Curse of Osiris and 340 for Warmind.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Turkey Farts posted:

Hi I'm Crodough. I'm not on Discord because I honestly don't understand it.
I've accepted you but yeah, as Fathis says there is literally no way to interact via text chat with the people in the clan while actually in game. There's a clan chat thing on the bungie.net website for the clan but not one actually in game because ????? ????.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Fathis Munk posted:

Wait a warlock healing super?
The new Dawnblade one shoves the sword into the ground and creates a giant rift that lasts 30 seconds and tethers people to it while they're near it. From the footage linked earlier it looked like it acted like a normal healing rift (gives an overshield while in it) but I think I also saw the normal abilities charging much faster while in the rift so maybe it does that too.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Craptacular! posted:

This is good but it should be IB/Faction/Solstice/Faction/IB/Faction and add a fourth rally to compensate for the fact that people were left to the whims of RNG to get armor the first two times.
If they were being real smart they’d go IB, Faction, IB, Solstice, Faction, IB, Faction since it means not having to move the dates of the holiday and we get 4 of each that way.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

VideoGames posted:

Last night I hit level 19 and a bit before that I got to choose an exotic weapon, and went for the graviton lance pulse rifle. It is kind of wonderful. Killing an enemy turns them into a pair of grenades that seek out other people and can cause chain reactions in large groups! :D

Are all exotics like this? I did not realise there was a little bit of Borderlands in Destiny and weird guns with cool things is one of the great things about the Borderlands games.
The intent is that they’re all supposed to be like that but in practice only a few of them seriously change mechanics:
  • Sunshot (which I think may have been another choice from that quest) is a handcannon that also makes enemies that you kill explode and can cause chain reaction explosions when the explosion kills something else
  • Riskrunner (I think this was the last reward choice) is a submachine gun that shoots chain lightning if you get hit by arc energy while you have it out
  • Telesto is a fusion rifle that shoots out a cluster of sticky exploding needles
  • Hard Light is an auto rifle that shoots out bouncing bullets with very long range
  • Wardcliff Coil is a rocket launcher that shoots out a swarm of drunken heat seeking micro missiles
  • Sleeper Simulant is a linear fusion rifle that shoots a big fusion bolt that will split into 5 and ricochet if it hits a hard surface
  • Tractor Cannon is a shotgun that boops anything it hits so it goes flying away from you and lets you kill things through physics damage

There are a lot more exotics (and I’m probably missing a some more of the interesting ones) but most are sort of like ‘weapon, but better’ rather than doing weird and crazy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Relentless posted:

I really enjoy The Huckleberry.

SMG with Ride The Bull. Every kill you make adds ammo to the chamber, increases the fire rate... and increases the recoil. It chews through crowds of wimps hilariously well, and sucks at pretty much everything else.

It's not good but it's fun.
Huckleberry is actually quite good but I was counting that and things like SUROS Regime, Sweet Business, D.A.R.C.I, Merciless, Vigilance Wing and Crimson as stuff that's in the 'archetype but better' category rather than the 'does cool and weird stuff' category that VG was surprised that some of the stuff was.

• Locked thread