Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I don't see a way to just buy the expac. Do I have to buy both to continue playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

Also, Curse of Osiris is now buyable individually through the Battle.net client for :20bux:.

Awesome, thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

It would have been worth the price of the expansion just to keep Sagira as your ghost's voice because holy poo poo is she far less annoying than the current one.

I really liked Peter Dinklage as ghost and I find myself missing him over high pitched Nathan Drake.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

explosivo posted:

I wish the War Rig didn't look so out of place with a majority of other cool looking sets. I have a good look going right now with the Retro-Grade greaves and legs but all of the really cool looking sets just looks out of place next to the War Rig and its' bandoliers of shotgun shells.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I wish I could get War Rig abilities with cooler looking armor.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

In a PvP mode where everyone has an infinite range, high impact laser gun with a devastating AoE DoT, the only things that matter are teamwork, game sense, and positioning

Probably my favorite PvP mode in any game I've ever played, TBQH

I just got done with my weekly milestone and I totally agree. I'm not a huge PvP fan because I'm old and my situational awareness is bad but the matches go so fast now! Win or lose the sense of momentum is incredible and even if they fix the gun I hope they can implement it with a wider selection of weapons.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eej posted:

Technically if you're old and busted a low TTK PvP game is worse for you because it's more demanding on your reflexes and aim. Right now there's a ton of people who just got the Lens so they're just running around like idiots in the open. Low TTK mostly allows more skilled players to wipe the floor with weaker ones, either by pulling off huge flanks that prey on lack of radar awareness/slow reactions or teamshooting with 3+ lasers to melt you before you even know what's going on. It's fun but it doesn't really suit 30 tick p2p Destiny 2 pvp for the longterm.

Fwiw I do prefer the high TTK teamwork meta over the alternative lower TTK single player hero aiming for big plays meta but maybe that's just me getting old and not caring about sick owning noobs 1v3 as much as getting the win with the team.

Yes, it makes it harder to win but because destiny also rewards a loss, I prefer the faster games. I'll never be good at PvP no matter what the speed is though.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Magus42 posted:

Riskrunner's still a lot of fun with the auto-reloading aspect of it once you get hit with arc damage.

Riskrunner is worth owning for how much fun it makes Glimmer Extraction alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I think people would be less pissed about loot boxes if there were a real player economy built around trading/selling. And no glimmer cap maybe. Really, a fundimental redesign from the ground up of the entire game. I think of PSO2 and its gatcha and it never really felt abusive, though that game was free to play from the jump. I dunno, building a full price game around microtransactions is pretty scummy but I vote with my wallet on those things. I just don't buy silver.

• Locked thread