Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So rumormill says D2 is Good now? I sort of dismissed it shortly after launch without looking into it much, what was awry and what actually got fixed with this Forsaken thing?

Is it actually up today? I thought it was meant to be Tuesday. I assume a lot of 'old' crap is still left over in the game that a newbie would have to learn to ignore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cool. Frankly I'm bored now, is the game worth picking up today or would I just have to buy it again/start over Tuesday, idk how their business model is set up

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don't own any of the game at all, is what I meant :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Right neighborly of ya. I assume none of the expansions, including the upcoming one, change the initial Do The Story step?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I vaguely remember enjoying the PvP in D1 despite it being console only. I can't decide if I'm looking forward to trying Destiny PvP in my more natural environment of KBM, or dreading facing others in their natural environment. New game mode sounds fun though, reminds me of Titanfall 2's Bounty mode which was great

How's the ultrawide (21:9) aspect ratio support in this?

(e) This is like last time where I'm locked to my chosen class but everything else (subclasses included) can be done on one character, right? Gotta be Warlock in that case

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DaveKap posted:

.... this might legitimately make me main void titan for gambit alone.

I was just thinking those titan barriers sound awfully useful and now i'm not sure if i want to be warlock or not :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what loadouts DO people use anyway? I don't really understand the destiny pvp "meta" as it were

While I'm at it, any emergent strategies yet for Gambit as a solo player besides "don't die with motes you stupid rear end in a top hat"?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is there any sort of a "what 'should' i be doing" thing as far as content in this game goes? i was satisfied enough with the base game to buy into forsaken but now i've got a million things showing up as of the last story mission and i have no idea what's even relevant (if anything).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FWIW I was convinced enough after being gifted the base game to buy in to the Forsaken + other DLC, and I can verify that CoO is pretty bad

BUT

Warmind was pretty good, and the Gambit PvEvP mode was amazingly fun for the one day I was able to play it, and the basic-rear end core game of D2 still feels good, so

here's hoping?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Forsaken (and maybe D2 with it?) kinda live or die on how much there is to it beyond Gambit being pretty great, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that said if i am going to keep playing this i have to find a way past the painfully crushing guilt of letting all my pvp teams completely down

I can't believe there's no skill-based matchmaking of any sort, that's nearly a dealbreaker all on its own in a supposed pvp game

• Locked thread