Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This should have been a free patch not paid DLC. The public area on Mercury is laughably tiny which is a real shame because it still looked great. The infinite forest is pretty unimaginative for what its name suggests and why the gently caress are those triangle tunnels so god drat long. The one heroic strike I did was as others have mentioned just the hydra mission from the campaign which is super loving lazy and disappointing. The actual story was pretty bad which I was expecting anyway but it had a few cool setpieces. Osiris just peacing out back into the forest at the end was just hilarious though and I'm sure all the lore nerds are going to flip their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

My favorite bit was "It took Osiris centuries to open this gate -- but we don't have that much time." And then Ikora just forces it open with a purple laser beam and I don't know but it might've been nice if she had done that earlier?

The most irritating part of that quest is that the next steps are travel from Mercury to the tower where you run all the way to Ikora where you get a single line of text and then you get to go straight back to Mercury. Couldn't we just send her a space email and tell her to meet us on Mercury?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Wonder if they'll give it to Xur to sell so everyone can laser everything all the time.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha I was wondering what the gently caress was going on. There was a constant stream of guardians flying in and cratering at the public event on Mercury.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I hope he doesn't sell it cos it'll just be the perfect shitstorm after a mediocre dlc release and the xp throttling poo poo.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

The weirdest thing about Destiny 2 not having like any kind of social chat is how every time you start the game up there's that blinking icon for the text chat.

Welcome to Destiny 2!
Whispers are disabled with strangers.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I saw the chat get used for the first time ever last night when the nightfall bugged out on the boss and wouldn't let us respawn. The pubby was a chill cool dude about it and after the timer expired we ran it again with him. :shobon:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What are the odds that both the nightfall map and next weekends trials map will be from CoO...

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The solution is to be a devour warlock and even then its still a poo poo modifier.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I've got separate stacks (2 and 3) of the Dawning Warmth shaders for some reason that are clogging up my precious inventory space.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else having connection problems? I can't actually travel anywhere once I login to the game. It just sits there spamming "Attention Contacting Destiny 2 Servers" or something and eventually fails with code weasel and cloudberry. Was working perfectly fine a few hours ago.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like its fixed now. Weird!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Who's loving idea was it to have one of the dawning events be 'do 5 normal strikes' and then reward you with a duplicate ghost that dismantles for 3 legendary shards?

edit: got 2 whole shaders that time :c00lbutt:

comatose fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 28, 2017

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Can't wait for another tiny planet to go with another tiny raid and another strike to never run
Hold on there, CoO had two strikes!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, definitely. Like, I agree that, in a vacuum, gambley microtransactions are bad. No poo poo, I'm pretty sure we can all agree to this.

But in the same breath, we can also all admit (if we stop arguing past each other) that A) that poo poo is Pandora's Box and you cannot put it back in absent basically sweeping government regulations of games in general which I worry would be a baby with the bathwater situation, and B) admit that, in the grand scheme of things, Eververse is really loving tame and doesn't even do buy-encouraging poo poo like "oh, this is a limited time event, so there's this special stuff related to it! it sure would be a shame if you missed it! also by the way it's three times the normal price" like Overwatch does.

Dawning is a limited time event with even more restricted ways than overwatch to get the armour you want unless you fork over your cash monies. It might not have the prices jacked up like overwatch (or maybe it does?) but I'd argue that the dawning event is significantly more predatory than any overwatch event because at least in overwatch you can keep earning the event loot boxes by playing the game. There is also the seasonal armour which goes away from the bright engrams at the end of every season and get replaced with new and improved next season limited time armour.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
A dude on reddit went to bungie hq to hand out 'free high fives' to the devs because he felt bad for them because of all the negativity surrounding the game at the moment.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going steer this thread back on track. So is this space valentines day thing another pvp event? I guess they could rebrand the dawning and have you do the exact same gift quests but change the name.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

This was funnier before you fixed the quotes. Space valentines day is about ethics in games public relations.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Crimson Doubles is 2v2 pvp and it used to have some sort of weird buff that would trigger when you were the last man standing.

It was either your cup of tea or a jug of piss depending on your feelings about small scale pvp, but that was under D1’s regime where people actually kinda liked pvp.

This looks like basically the same poo poo but with more mtx garbage as the first step is “visit Tess to get your free hit”

Ok cool looks like I'll talk to Tess for the free box then completely ignore it. Its sad that there is so many pvp focused events when the pvp gameplay is so lame (mayhem and prolens weekend excluded). But I guess if the best they can come up with for a pve event is the dawning then none of the events are good.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Someone thought it was a better idea to let you buy green gear from all the planet vendors instead of cool stuff.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Why does tower chat have a higher priority than clan chat what the gently caress

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

I'm kind of worried about "Rework of weapon mods" unless that rework is simply "You can finally get Kinetic mods dropped/they are always on sale at banshee". Because being able to purple up any energy or power weapons on a whim no fuss no muss no wacky hoops involved because it's nothing but the three elements has been a breath of fresh air.

We here at bungie have been closely looking at feedback around making weapon mods more interesting so we've reworked them so that they can now only be applied to their applicable gun types much the same as the class specific armour mods.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Vermintide has a worse loot system than D2 hth

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Lost sector chests have a 15 minute loot lock out on them now which starts after the second chest you open or something. Apparently the most 'efficient' way to get faction tokens this time is to just chain public events.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Legs Benedict posted:

wish i could play the same warframe as y’all because it is just the most bland, boring poo poo in the world to me

I enjoyed it at first but torpedoing through a level to the objective and then torpedoing to the exit is only fun for a while.

Jeza posted:

I barely even noticed the existence of Eververse. Even if everything gated behind Eververse was released into the game as activity rewards for free and Eververse disappeared, it wouldn't even begin to fill in the gameplay/content shortfall enough to keep most people interested in playing on a regular basis.

It was dangerously apparent very soon after release that the game was already running on fumes WRT things to do, and what things there were to do were very often just repeats of what already exists in different wrapping. It doesn't take a genius to see the precipitous drop in playerbase that has been happening. Even in the 'positive' microcosm of SA, most of the Discords are dead or dying, and this thread has slowed to a crawl. And those that are still around are sort of idly acquiring every Exotic item across all classes and have seen every each inch of the gameworld at least ten times.

It's going to take a miracle update to save this game, and it has nothing to do with cosmetics or microtransactions imo. That's all just deckchairs on the Titanic when so much of the core game revolves around repeating insipid Lost Sectors to farm tokens for boxes that contain non-descript weapons. Other than a few standout set-pieces or events, and the fairly fun FPS gameplay itself, the whole thing is like a broken skinner box that only dispenses coal. There's just no incentive to play.

This is A Good Post. Reading the roadmap for updates Bungie released left me with zero hope that they're going to improve anything prior to the second dlc release and even then I'm not sure that will make the game fun again.

comatose fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 29, 2018

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

Hmm, nothing in the patch notes about fixing the colony on PC. :thunk:

This will be in the Fall update along with the weapon balancing and other poo poo that should be fixed/looked at sooner rather than later.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AAB posted:

I mean, you could check any of their lead community people's (deej, cosmo, a_dmg04) or director's (chris barrett) twitter. Or you could check their weekly update of all the things they're trying to fix. Or the long list of poo poo they're pandering to reddit with. It's all there as to what they're trying to do. Sure it's not fast in any way shape or form, but they are dealing with a spaghetti again of bad decisions that the live team is digging out. :shrug:

I find this image more depressing than actually helpful.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

Would be quite happy with that actually.

Also would like whiffing a Celestial Nighthawk shot to play the Price Is Right overbid sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Sad trombone would also work too.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I played Destiny 2 the other night. There was no one in the tower with which to test the hot new chat function. I tried to check out Titan but there were only like two people there and I got bored and logged out to play Stellaris instead.

Stellaris is pretty fun, guys. I spent like four hours playing that game. My scientist killed himself.

Please take all Stellaris chat to the Stellaris thread!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Not having clan chat in the game from launch (and I guess until May or whatever lol) is really really dumb. They already put a chat box in the game it just does nothing other than whispers and opt-in fireteam chat. I don't think anybody wanted tower chat and I have nfi why bungie prioritised that.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Insane Totoro posted:

Oh okay, so like clan chat, so you can mass ping your friends. Not like a public chat function. Got it.

I was sort of imagining text chat mid crucru or random Tower people yelling at you.

Yeah its like instead of just asking in an in-game clan chat if anybody wants to run a nightfall or whatever and inviting people through that you open up discord, ask in a bunch of channels or wait until someone else asks, add each other to your friends list through the battle.net launcher, go back to the game and then the invites go out.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't that balance patch get pushed back?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well they're gonna have some pretty stiff competition from Anthem so it's either shape up or ship out for destiny

Now that is optimism!

Ainsley McTree posted:

thank you for the pity lol

i'm nearly through the campaign for the first time and i'm savoring it because i know this is the end of the point where this game is good

if i go slow enough maybe it'll be good again by the time i get there

There are some cool one off side mission things that open up once you finish the campaign so you've got them to look forward to as well.

comatose fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 22, 2018

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when it took a developer with 700+ staff weeks to fix a bug with the bounce pads on Mercury cratering people who were running over 60fps lol

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I just logged in after not playing for a few months to try this patch. Why do nightfalls still have guided games? I thought they removed the timer. The strike repetition protection doesn't work cos I had the same heroic strike twice in a row. I should have just quit at the start but it was a mercury one and I couldn't tell which one it was because of the amazing start making you run through the mercury map and the technological marvel that is the infinite forest.

Guess I'll wait until May for the next update/dlc before I login again.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I guess making the mod system not a giant pile of poo poo was too hard so they're just going to ignore it now.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Being able to type to people over the internet is a relatively new technology that is largely untested so I'm not surprised its taking a while to implement.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Whats that lovely strike with the boss that disappears 2 seconds after he shows up repeated 20 times?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I thought I heard in one of those dev talk videos posted recently that they're nerfing the clan engram rewards because they didn't like the idea of people doing nothing and getting something even though theres nothing to actually do in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Ahh right. So they're still initially useful but become less so as you gear up.

• Locked thread