Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,
I tried to walk your way yeah

uhn, uhn uhn

And you don't break my heart!

Gotta admit, even with all the negative press, this game seems appealing. I'm someone who does hundreds of hours in open world shooting games, solo. STALKER, Borderlands, the Far Cry games, even the Division, most of which i played by myself, and enjoyed immensely.

Assuming i don't have a huge need for raids and pvp (but will do the former if it's decently chill/not anal about minmaxxing), do you think I'll get much out of this game? The demo, which I've only played a bit of, assured me that I'll like the action, but i don't want to pay near full price if solo can only carry my so far.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as that guy who asked about him and his wife playing a few hours after work. Minus the wife.

Morter fucked around with this message at Dec 5, 2017 around 15:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Reading you jerks gabber on about this game makes me want it even though it's not on sale.

Stop getting hyped!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

deadly_pudding posted:

I bought in when it was on sale last week
Gonna end up paying full price for the Expansion Pass, though, so it's a wash.

Does the expansion impact non-max-level gameplay?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Eej posted:

These new shaders are sick

Oh snap, I love One Must Fall

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

I'll ask again: Does any expansion/DLC stuff impact any of the content pre-max level?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Just got this game, joined [TIME], and am enjoying the game as I 'level'. Don't care much (nor need to) about the writing, and it'll be weeks before I can even parse most of the jargon going through this thread

Happy to be aboard.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Electronico6 posted:

Though I'm willing to bet the reason you don't see more mixed enemies in the forest rooms is that they all programmed to fight each other if they come in contact.

Not that it matters but the new zone in the recently released Division update reverses that exact same thing. There are several factions in the game with their own territories and if they cross paths, normally they fight. In this area they all spawn a lot more and work together to kill Agents (players).

While I understand it might not be the easiest thing to reverse, it sounds like it'd be a welcome addition/aspect of randomized Rift-likes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yep! thanks bungie

Really gonna take my time leveling...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

To quote Dave Chappelle: "Mmm, it's purple!"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Titanfall 2 is a good game.

Trust me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Did somebody say fast?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Control Volume posted:

My new city smg has a stutter every 34 rounds anyone else have this issue

I have a weird bug where my Hunter does a naruto hand spell and then I have bullets in my gun again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Wheeee posted:

you'll always perform better using what you're comfortable with.

I wish more people thought like this so every time I ask about anything related to weapons I wouldn't get an automatic "JUST USE BETTER DEVILS AND SUNSHOT FOR PvE. BEST IN CLASS. DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE."

Fucker, i'm asking about masterwork bonuses...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

AgentCow007 posted:

(I still haven't gotten a 160/instaspawn bike from a free drop.)

I lucked out about that. I didn't know 'takes less time to summon' meant Instant, so I thought it was a useless skill, because I never felt like I was in a rush to get one. Hell, I almost trashed it.

Once I saw the power of it though...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Hey i got an Orpheus Rig!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Can someone explain this timer/cooldown of loot that you guys are talking about? I don't play many MMOs so this is a new concept to me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Alls I know about chests is running around getting them in dead zones and lost sectors. If there's an aspect about getting extra loot, restricted by time/chest amounts/both, then I have no clue about it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

funkmeister posted:

Just to spell it out, it isn't extra loot. If you try to open multiple chests within a shorter time frame than Bungie has invisibly decreed you should, you get nothing at all.

What kind of chests are we talking here? Lost Sector? Strikes? Etc.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Oh god i responded to a quote seriously gently caress me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Ooh, I'm needing people to do Nightfall with for the Rat King. Which discord do I bother?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Ask me about my approaching on dozen amounts of Gemini Jesters and Graviton Forfeits...

Bonus points if you ask about my ritualistic tower suicide each time I get one

(From Zavala )

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Will pay Bungie directly for Stompees and also a kinetic scout rifle that emulates the VSS Vintorez

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's not odd that's actually pretty normal right now

The division suckers you into trying to get more loot via its psychology, not loot boxes. It's still not healthy because all rng loot games are a bit problematic tbqh, but it's a much more pleasant gaming experience.

I play both games because I enjoy the shooting in both but The Division has been consistently less frustrating with loot--and playing with different skills/loadouts.

I really like Destiny 2 and got my moneys worth but cut it out with all the loving gemini jesters holy shiiiit

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

i might seriously give Warframe another try.

I love the shooting in this game but if I keep literally getting nothing but loving Gemini Jesters then i think i've reached ultimate endgame here. gently caress.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's literally an issue with milestones giving the same exotic over and over again FYi

Okay good it wasn't just me

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

JerikTelorian posted:

It honestly depends on what you want out of it.

The gunplay is a Bungie-Quality good time, and the recent balance changes to weapons, exotics, and move speed/supers have improved this even more. You can have a lot of fun just logging on and doing patrols or public events if you just want to shoot stuff.

I'm considering reinstalling based on this alone. I play solo, generally, and enjoyed the shooting enough for about 2 months straight as a near max-level hunter, peeking in a few days a week just for the fun of shooting and running around. Getting the same exotics every week was frustrating, though, and it eventually put me off. This was in January. Has there been enough change to loot distribution/rewards? I'm not trying to min-max in a hurry, I just want access to different things if possible.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Sweet, I'll keep that in mind.

Lastly, does the 2nd xpac add anything that adds to the open world/arsenal? Just a patrol zone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Time after time,

uhn, uhn uhn

Haven't played since like Q1 2018. Is 1.2.3 going to bring fun back to someone who just liked doing bounties/patrols for time-killing PvE?