Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
From Youtube clips, this seems like it was a drat fine episode of Raw.

- Bray/Hardy was loving awesome. I was wrong about the WWE version of Broken sucking. It was awesome.
- The Joe/Roman/Jordan stuff came off pretty good on Youtube, Jordan seemed a little too whiny. I dunno if it was worse on the whole show. Jordan really has something, man. They need to stop loving it up. Joe is awesome, as per usual. Roman is a dick!
- The whole "got over in defeat by fighting valiantly against top guys" has worked fine for Jordan so far, 'cause he has been really good in these matches, but they really oughta start giving the dude some Ws at some point.
- Four-way looked pretty awesome. It seems like they're actually putting some effort into the rest of the Cruiserweights besides throwing away main events on crappy Enzo matches and promo segments. Swann vs. Gulak should be really loving good.
- Hooray, Finn got...a win...I guess?
- Roman hosed up things for Dean and Seth! Roman is an unhelpful dick!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Very very good Raw. Lots of good action, Bray/Woken Matt is goddamn perfect and the main event was really good. I would think this was leading to Rollins and Ambrose triumphing at the next PPV but for Raw that's the Rumble. :psyduck:

By the way J-Ru, your recap says The Bar was set to hit a double team when Joe came out. Should say The Shield. :)

I'm thinking Christmas or New Year's Raw is gonna be a pseudo PPV, like SmackDown's done a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also y'know something that was really loving great about the opening segment?

Roman actually sold for Jordan. And I don't mean bumping for him, he sold that getting caught and suplexed by Jordan really pissed him off. It was so great. Roman is usually booked to just be a smug dick that doesn't sell anything that happens to him as actually mattering but this time they actually let him cut loose and emote a bit and it's the best I've seen Roman do in a promo segment in I dunno how long.

Past few weeks, Roman's actually been allowed to emote and act like the poo poo that happens to him matters to him and hey, whaddaya know, I've kinda gotten invested in the stuff that happens to him as a result!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
- Rusev has gotta be turning face, right? Heels always discourage fans chanting for them, Rusev and Aiden actively played it up. Please turn them face please please please.
- Why is Randy Orton going for a roll-up victory if the story is that he's pissed off at Sami and Kevin for screwing SmackDown or whatever. Wouldn't Randy's character want to beat the piss out of Zayn every chance he gets? Taking a roll-up victory and then turning his back on Owens when he knows he's twenty feet away makes him look like a freakin' moron.
- I don't mind Nakamura and Orton being buddies, I really don't, but I wish they'd do something cool with it. Do a segment that shows they actually like each other. Let Orton do the spazzy hand gestures during Nakamura's entrance. Let them Release The Doves together. Do something. Don't just have them be "Shane McMahon's attack dog" and "Shane McMahon's attack dog's partner and guy who eats the pin".
- Stop me if you've heard this one before: Daniel Bryan stands in front of a TV, a bunch of women stand on either side of him and talk at him for a while, they all whine about wanting title shots or whatever, some kind of clusterfuck match involving all of them is made, Bryan is exasperated. Road Dogg is a hack.
- How the gently caress does Shane have the authority to fire Owens and Zayn from ALL OF WWE? If he went to Vince, then wouldn't it be in Stephanie and Regal's interests to immediately go to Vince and get him to change his mind, so they can snap up Zayn or Owens if they get fired? Especially since they did a segment where Stephanie showed a vested interest in getting Owens and Zayn back on Raw?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

How about Shane just goes the gently caress away forever? Why is he still here? Wasn't Hell in a Cell supposed to be the big blowoff with his Owens feud? Way to put over the "punishment" of that Satanic structure by coming back 2 weeks later and naming yourself Survivor Series captain. And also being the last badass survivor on your team, effortlessly fighting off Sami and Kevin 1-on-2, and still almost winning the match.

loving hell, HHH would blush at this Mary Sue booking.

Here's the thing, on SmackDown they keep saying Sami and Kevin cost SmackDown the match, but, what the gently caress are you actually talking about. Braun Strowman murdered three guys on team SmackDown and was about to kill Shane before the HHH/Angle drama happened. Sami and Kevin had zero effect on the outcome of that match. Nobody in that match was capable of doing poo poo to Strowman. They lost because they didn't have a plan for Strowman. The entire plot of Survivor Series is that when Strowman and Roman weren't around, SmackDown kicked the crap out of Raw, but then Strowman and Roman came back and they pissed off Kurt enough to get personally involved and Raw immediately started beating SmackDown to within an inch of its life.

If this story were good, it'd be about how Shane is trying to cover for his myriad of failures as captain and commissioner by using Sami and Kevin as scapegoats.

The funniest part is last time, the year Shane didn't intentionally make himself part of the team and there was actually a decent story reason for him to be there, there clearly was a plan in place to deal with Strowman and they executed it and it worked and they won. Shane got way dumber and way more high on his own farts over the course of a year of being commissioner.

Wazzu posted:

I do like Rusev......but 'Rusev day' is so ludicrously overdone as a catchphrase and concept. I know it's been said a million times, but gently caress the writers. That's actually the team name "Rusev day".

He should still be Handsome Rusev, imo

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 6, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

Idea: Make Mark Henry the new Commissioner of SmackDown Live. It's low impact, he would get back on screen more, he is really good at promos, and when he brutally murders people like Shane did, it would be believable.

Holy poo poo this would be incredible. He can wear the pink suit all the time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shane has a 50% rate of having the best match at Wrestlemania in this decade do you know how hard that is?! :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How often did Jack Tunney show up?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, when SmackDown was really good right after the brand split, the authority figures were more like... hosts or MCs? Usually they just had a segment towards the top of the show where they said "Hey everybody it's great to be here in $CITY_NAME, tonight we have these matches coming up and if this guy wins his match he's the #1 contender!"

Shane didn't even show up every week, so it was actually kinda cool when he did show up. Contrasting Raw where it felt like Stephanie was berating people every single week.

Now...lol.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stale Saltines posted:

Didn't he say in the Austin podcast that he thought the Mr. McMahon character was the opposite of who he is as a person and that he was actually more like the Stone Cold character?

Vince also thought he was the Babyface in the Montreal Screwjob.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

A contact within WWE reached out to inform Sports Illustrated that Hardy will be allowed a creative license by McMahon, who sees opportunity and the opportunity to cash in on a character that is already established.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/12/06/wwe-wrestling-news-matt-hardy-earl-hebner

I can see Vince cracking up at Matt calling him MEEKMAHAN

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

Miz being a GM isn't the worst idea in the world......like 5 years after he retires.

We've had Miz for a loving long time, him retiring and then being straight back on TV would be pretty awful. Let us miss him first.

Speaking of, when he's back from filming, it'd just be dynamite if he could do something that's not immediately feuding for the IC Title again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Doesn't watch the one consistently good show WWE produces and is extremely proud of it." is by far the weirdest gimmick I've seen multiple people use on this forum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tweet my meat posted:

I think Ruby Riott is actually a good wrestler. I know this doesn't quite live up to the high standards of discourse set by "Ruby Riottt is ugly" but I'm trying. I'm not sold on the whole Riotttt Squad thing yet, but that's more on creative than Riottttt since it's kinda weirdly written. I thought Riotttttt was fantastic in NXT and I think she'll be fantastic on the main roster when she finds her footing.

Debuting Absolution and Riotttttttttt Squad at the exact same time is pretty interesting because it lets us compare them in real time. They showed up the same way, murdering everybody, but Absolution has a clear hierarchy (Paige on top, the other two are her muscle) and they've been shown pretty much just murdering other women. Riotttttttttttttt Squad should have the same hierarchy since it's named after Ruby, but putting them in that segment with Bryan and then putting them in a Lumberjack match put them into the same awful forced parity situation as every single other woman on SmackDown.

You talk about someone becoming "just another guy", well they "just another girl"ed those three in record time with that Bryan segment and this Lumberjack match poo poo.

boar guy posted:

i dont watch NXT because it's not WWE, it's the farm leagues. its not representative of the actual product, by design.

i don't watch the toledo mudhens or the lansing lug nuts, either, i watch the tigers or the indians

Sure, if the Tigers promoted Miguel Cabrera from the Mudhens and then told him to stop hitting so many home runs and start bunting, it's exactly like that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Putting the reason aside for one sec, Power Ranger Sasha looks pretty cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Insulting Chad Gable's beautiful face?! Now you've gone too far! :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Go ahead and find me the time Foochs called NJPW a lovely show that's not on TV, you pair of clowns. :v:

Like, at least he has the excuse that NJPW is kinda hard to watch on TV because of the availability of the app. If you watch WWE and have the Network and still don't pay any attention to NXT because hurrdurr farm leagues or whatever, you're just throwing money out the window.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

205 Live has 4 network specials a month. Sometimes 5.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm a POC and I hate Hogan more for killing WCW than any of the dumbass racist poo poo that's come out of his mouth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I almost, almost feel bad for Jinder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the gently caress about the name "triple h" makes you think that matters

Roman beat him the night before. Roman is a guy they care about pushing and protecting even in untelevised house shows. If Jinder had won, it would mean he's a guy they care about pushing and protecting, sooooooooooooooooooo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

So the Jinder Grand Experiment ends with no new stars, no new fans, and months of garbage TV that accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm legit impressed.

:iamafag: don't hinder jinder guys he should win the wwe championship :razz:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Jinder was a better champion than Orton.

At least House of Horrors was terrible in a funny way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

What

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I guess multiple good things came out of this

Like, Jinder beating Nakamura repeatedly with the same poo poo, right down to it taking only one Khallas each time, was more fun And more funny than anything Bray did in his one month on top, so it at least also wasn't the worst world title reign of the year

Not a single loving thing in that dogshit reign was better than a single second of Bray's. :laffo:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

AJ vs Jinder was worse than Bray vs Orton?

AJ vs Jinder was way loving worse than Bray vs. AJ vs. Cena!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh geez, those seem like pretty serious charges, too. Rich, why. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

If I had to guess, mention that Rich Swann is unable to compete, have Kurt Angle set up another multi-man match, winner faces Gulak on 205 Live, wins, gets the title shot.

OR.

Gulak turns, beats Enzo, babyface Gulak is Cruiserweight Champion for a year. :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is just conjecture but this report reads like it's not the first time it happened, either.

I really liked Rich but drat, that's hosed up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zgDwF-wdw

Pro-click.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Midnightghoul posted:

I love how everyone is quick to blame him, there's still a possibility that he got hacked like Kevin Owens

Oh my god, the witnesses were hacked! :awesomelon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Or by Owens!

To the casual observer a chinlock does very much resemble a headlock.

Dear God, this is why he bought the Balor mask!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they give those matches time that could be a hell of a show but I expect nonsense in at least a couple.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought about it and I'm pretty sure Jordan is running in on Dean/Joe.

Now I don't have to watch this episode after all. Thanks guys! :toot:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Durrr i don't want to watch a Big Dog/Cesaro match. Put me on ignore

I'm sure Cesaro will drag him to a passable match but I can just catch that on YouTube.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ostentatious posted:

*pulls on suspender straps and gives self wedgie* "THAT ROMAN REIGNS SURE IS NO NAITO!"

I mean, yeah, Naito actually moves tickets.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

watching the hardy thing again and holy crap wyatt loving sucks, i hope this is the end of that loving character

tweet my meat posted:

Matt Hardy should bring Bray into the Woken family and have him do fun crazy instead of mumble a lot crazy.

Something something Lake of Reincarnation something something Husky Harris WWE Champion

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*Hardys come back in a very good ladder match at Wrestlemania, then proceed to have 3 good-to-great PPV matches against The Bar in a row*

What Good Matches Has Matt Hardy Been In!?!??!?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

None of those were good by non-Vjeff standards.

Except the ladder match they mostly played dead in.

My standards are great. I have the best standards.

That Iron Man match ruled and I will hear nothing to the contrary.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Hardys were probably in a lot of pretty good TV matches as well. Not as much as the Usos (who are probably the best TV match workers this year apart from maybe Roman) but still.

*Usos and American Alpha have a PPV quality match to main event SmackDown while the camera keeps going back to Shane McMahon walking down a hallway.*

tbh I'd go a step further and say the Usos are two of the best workers in WWE period this year. They've had really good opponents the whole time but their consistency has just been remarkable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Fantastic, buuuuuuut......

It better be Daniel Bryan and Renee Young :mad:

Lol hope you like Rosenberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So we either get Brock vs. Braun II, which is gonna lead to Braun losing to Brock after one F5 again or we get Brock vs. Kane in 2017.

Holy crap, I'm almost praying for some kind of run-in.

• Locked thread