Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best producer/showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 30 15.31%
Barry Letts 7 3.57%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 32 16.33%
John Nathan-Turner 6 3.06%
Russell T Davies 33 16.84%
Steven Moffat 50 25.51%
Chris Chibnall (I am from the future) 38 19.39%
Total: 196 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I might be stupid and not recognizing someone, but I only count five doctors and one companion in that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommonShore posted:

I might be stupid and not recognizing someone, but I only count five doctors and one companion in that photo.

Peter and Paul skyped in due to commitments elsewhere.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Peter and Paul skyped in due to commitments elsewhere.

I like how they show up as just blank black iPad screens in the group photo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oh... my... God... I'm... GREAT :haw:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/sugarraybuzzard/status/960597116145094658

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The_Doctor posted:

Gary Russell is leaving for Australia, and some people made a short video. I love that he still has the coat. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5bOvjE_3dQ

"He's gonna be sucked inside Cardiff Bay!"
"Well, it wouldn't be the first time..."

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Goddrat Blink is such a great episode. I mean I always knew it but after watching it again, hoooooly poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Goddrat Blink is such a great episode. I mean I always knew it but after watching it again, hoooooly poo poo.

Don't blink, don't even blink! Blink and you're dead. They're fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink! Good Luck.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Christ, I should never check the awful app in bed

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TL posted:

Christ, I should never check the awful app in bed

Yeah, bedtime is for sleeping not for... other activities

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They're putting out a Special Edition of Enemy of the World on DVD. There's a clean-up of the print, and special features that really should have been on the original release.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

They're putting out a Special Edition of Enemy of the World on DVD. There's a clean-up of the print, and special features that really should have been on the original release.

The original was kind of rushed out yeah?

Anyways, watching the Husbands of River Song and Capaldi's IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE scene might be the high point of his tenure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah the original was rushed out with nothing else on it, which was annoying but I wasn't gonna miss out on buying it.

This is blatant double-dipping and I won't stand for it!
Already hunting for a pre-order on Amazon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve already been suckered into buying Power of the Daleks twice! DVD and Blu-ray!

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Good thing i went with Web of Fear the first time around!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Good thing I just rent them from a video store!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah the original was rushed out with nothing else on it, which was annoying but I wasn't gonna miss out on buying it.

This is blatant double-dipping and I won't stand for it!
Already hunting for a pre-order on Amazon

Double?

I have the Target Novelization, Ep 3 on the Troughton Years VHS, Ep 3 on the Lost in Time boxset, the BBC Audio Soundtrack CD, and the DVD release of the whole thing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s up on Amazon UK!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That arm though ...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m really hoping that’s placeholder art.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just bought Enemy of the World from i-Tunes, of all places, because it was the only way I could find the thing for my rewatch. Maybe I'll strongly hint at it for next year's secret santa or something.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Oh dang, that's really good. I bought Enemy Of The World from iTunes when it and Web of Fear came out in 2013 but never sprung for DVD copies 'cause they were barebones. I've still wanted them on my shelf, and I hope this gets a R1 release so I can do that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I up to Forest of the Night which still not a good episode, but one thing I remember from past episodes is how the earth was pretty much abandoned after a giant solar flare in the 29th century. So what happened to the automatic forest system to protect it that time?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Rirse posted:

So I up to Forest of the Night which still not a good episode, but one thing I remember from past episodes is how the earth was pretty much abandoned after a giant solar flare in the 29th century. So what happened to the automatic forest system to protect it that time?

Obviously the Doctor wasn't there to tell them otherwise, so they defoliated the earth like they had planned to.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Rirse posted:

Doctor Who continuity doesn't work that way

GOODNIGHT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I finally listened to Dark Eyes, and regardless of anything else, there were two things in the Behind The Scenes that really jumped out at me (this was made before the 50th Anniversary):

Nick Briggs: I can't think of anything more boring or pointless than an audio story of the Time War.... I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

Paul McGann: It would be lovely if I could wear the costume again and appear in the show. That would be nice, even if it was only briefly :)

:haw:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rirse posted:

The trees abandoned the planet as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The trees abandoned the planet as well.

Starship Tree? Don't be loving ridiculous, even in Doctor Who they'd never do something so wei-

....nevermind....

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Doctor Who continuity doesn't work

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I went a little overboard sorry, here are some very belated Twice Upon A Time gifs - click to view, if they don't load in a new tab, turn off "fix imgur links" if you are using the SALR Extension:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/The_Arn/status/961609015632556033

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rirse posted:

The trees died during one of the other four times that the Earth exploded forever.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Rirse posted:

The Daleks exterminated most of the trees in The Dalek Invasion of Earth. While the sequence with Dalek lumberjacks was later cut from the finished episodes, fans still managed to get their hands on a brief clip which they used in the Dalek parody of "The Lumberjack Song."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Doctor Who continuity doesn't work that way

GOODNIGHT

somewhere, ian levine sheds a tear

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

somewhere, ian levine sheds a tear

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Weekly reminder that this isn't Ian Levine, it's another portly gentleman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Eh, you seen one whiney fat guy...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No, but it was made by him so it fits. Otherwise the alien from Love and Monsters would have to do.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I went a little overboard sorry, here are some very belated Twice Upon A Time gifs - click to view, if they don't load in a new tab, turn off "fix imgur links" if you are using the SALR Extension:

The most important thing is that you added a Whittaker gallery link to the second post of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

The most important thing is that you added a Whittaker gallery link to the second post of this thread.

And soon enough* we'll have new episodes to make gifs from!

* That's not soon enough!

• Locked thread