Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best producer/showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 30 15.31%
Barry Letts 7 3.57%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 32 16.33%
John Nathan-Turner 6 3.06%
Russell T Davies 33 16.84%
Steven Moffat 50 25.51%
Chris Chibnall (I am from the future) 38 19.39%
Total: 196 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/SFXmagazine/status/937992571615436800

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think I saw him on Jim’ll Fix It

:vince:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

No ginger joke, 4/10. :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The Unfetered One posted:

That was just brilliant. Loved it

It was oh brilliant. Get it right. :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Let's see what Twitter thinks of Jodie:

:smithicide:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Hey, nerds. I came out as nonbinary two days ago.

That's me in a fishnet-armed dress in a picture I sent out to every friend and family member who's connected with me on social media.

Let me tell you all what this moment meant to me, the day after I came out to my family and my friends. The day after I laid it all on the line and it went better than it should've, but still left me with a handful of people who knew and loved me saying, "No. You're not allowed to be you."

The Doctor, looking at her face in the mirror of the console of her Tardis, saw herself. And she didn't crack some stupid loving joke like Missy has been, about her womanhood. Because as well-meaning as Moffat is, he's ignorant. He's not purposefully an rear end in a top hat, I don't think. He just doesn't get it sometimes.

The Doctor. She didn't look at herself, and say, "Oh, Jeez! What now? Whackadyschmackadydoo!"

She didn't have a companion there to make a dumb joke about how different she was.

She didn't look confused, or bemused, or anything gross.

It wasn't weird that she was a woman.

She looked into the mirror, and she saw her face. her face.

And she smiled. Gleefully. And she said, "Oh, brilliant." And everybody like me got to feel a little more alive than we usually do. Because, yes, that's a moment we have. When we take a selfie, or we look in the mirror, and we finally go, after a lifetime of seeing a stranger in the mirror (in my case only about half the time,) "Yeah. That's it. That's finally my face."

I have no representation on television or in movies. None. And yesterday, I got representation not just from a show I love, but a cultural institution that has existed for over fifty years. Something that sustained me in the hardest parts of my life.

Something that has existed for decades upon decades gone by, looked at me, and was like, "Yo. You matter." And I can't even explain to you how important that was to me.

Not to get too personal, but my own Catholic mother, in her sixties, was... exactly how you'd expect. And having Doctor Who tell me I was alright being me was a big loving deal.

Also, I live in Seattle and shouldn't even have an opinion on this, but The Daily Mail can suck it. This was life-changing for me.

Congrats! :glomp:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Remember when he had an affectionate nickname? Grand Moff something?

He used to bid us dark greetings. :(

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Chibbers also wrote the sex gas episode, which was stupider than Cyberwoman.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

"Look how adult we are, people are getting hosed... TO DEATH!"

*twaang!*

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

remusclaw posted:

This is a show that had a war that ended in double genocide and resulted in neither race being actually dead.

How many times have the Daleks been wiped out by now? I’m pretty sure it’s one of the recurring jokes about them, like not being able to navigate stairs.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Also, Moffat swung and missed on using Twice Upon a Time to just tie up the "all thirteen!" thing very nicely.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiKrZdJXQ14

Dude who can change his face travelling in time and space: good!
Dude who can change his face travelling in time and space becoming a woman: not good!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I rewatched the Eleventh Hour this morning and it's still so much fun.

"Hello! I'm the Doctor! Basically… run."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

howe_sam posted:

And yet not the most unbelievable thing about that episode

To be fair, the infamous 2008 season allowed them to pick up Matt Stafford, and since then they've got to the playoffs three times in seven years.

The eternal problem, however, is the NFC North now has three good teams. And the Bears.

Now, if the paper said "Cleveland Browns win Super Bowl", well…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Gary Russell is leaving for Australia, and some people made a short video. I love that he still has the coat. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5bOvjE_3dQ

"He's gonna be sucked inside Cardiff Bay!"
"Well, it wouldn't be the first time..."

• Locked thread