Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best producer/showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 30 15.31%
Barry Letts 7 3.57%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 32 16.33%
John Nathan-Turner 6 3.06%
Russell T Davies 33 16.84%
Steven Moffat 50 25.51%
Chris Chibnall (I am from the future) 38 19.39%
Total: 196 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I feel like maybe they slightly overdid it with 1 being sexist, but otherwise I thought it was pretty much excellent!

Trailer for the next series soon, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fil5000 posted:

If we're talking fantasy Who writers, I'd love an episode by Charles Stross. He'd have to tone it down a bit, but I think the way he can mix sci fi-horror stuff with utterly mundane British bureaucracy would be sweet.

I kind of really want to see Charlie Brooker do an episode. I think he's probably too busy to do it, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

If we're talking about characters coming back for Chibnall's run, they could technically bring the Simm Master back at some point (probably not right away, but still) - there's enough ambiguity that he could have had offscreen adventures between escaping Gallifrey and getting stranded on that ship. Or at least, have the Master come back in another form - even if you definitively settle on Missy as the final Master, there's always the option for inserting a whole gamut of regenerations after Simm, since after all we don't actually see him regenerate into Missy onscreen as opposed to McGann>Hurt & Hurt>Eccleston (which I think was deliberate on Moffat's part, considering he's the one who took advantage of the McGann-Eccleston gap in the first place).

I just want to have him try and diss Thirteen, only for her to tell him that he's going to be a she in her future.

Pronouns are...difficult in this situation.

Also speaking of themes, am I the only one who thinks that the Day of the Doctor ending theme was the best?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn5U1eJjSxE

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Yeah can we get some other examples of his "gross'"behaviour?

Well, he did choose to appear in Terminator Genisys of his own free will...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nick Frost is the lone bright spot in an otherwise boring story.

I'm sorry, but if you didn't enjoy Faye Marsay dancing past a bunch of monsters to Merry Christmas Everybody then you have no soul!

I kind of get the feeling that she was sort of planned as the new companion if Jenna Coleman had wanted to leave at that point. Honestly, I feel like that was set up to be her big finale.

• Locked thread