Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best producer/showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 30 15.31%
Barry Letts 7 3.57%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 32 16.33%
John Nathan-Turner 6 3.06%
Russell T Davies 33 16.84%
Steven Moffat 50 25.51%
Chris Chibnall (I am from the future) 38 19.39%
Total: 196 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It'll be sad to see Twelve go, but nothing wrong with a new face

It's the writers/showrunner I'm more concerned about and as long as they keep the Doctor in-character, I'll be content

Granted, that leaves room for everyone without two hearts to gripe about things, so...double-edged sword, and all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Burkion posted:

How tall was Pertwee compared to Capaldi?

Capaldi is two inches shorter, at 6'0

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm waiting for Jenny, Clara, Ashildr, Bill, and Heather to all meet up

Maybe toss in Handles, K9, and Rusty as well, to spice up Clara's TARDIS (and I'm curious as to what kind of personality it has, or did they phase those out in later models?)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

The Valeyard isn't actually the Doctor, he's just all the negativity and darker impulses the Doctor has repressed over his life that somehow manifests itself as a new being. He isn't actually a regeneration.

I've always liked the idea of a Dark Doctor that isn't the Master
Although from a certain perspective, I suppose even the Doctor's benevolent actions are considered horrifying from another race's perspective, hence his numerous titles that are often enough to make even the Daleks step back

-

The Doctor: Now. We all know there’s an elephant in the room.
Amy: I have to be this size, I’m having a baby.
The Doctor: No. No. The hormones seem real, but no. Is anyone going to mention Rory’s ponytail. You hold him down, I’ll cut it off?
Rory: This from a man in a bowtie.
The Doctor: Bowties are cool.

I should rewatch Eleven's run at some point...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOfIIqb8Uhg
Moffat's interview continues, with talks abut the Eleventh Doctor's run and the 50th Anniversary special

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhyno posted:

How influential has this show been on all of your lives?

I'm a lot more prone to flapping my hands about when talking about things
And turning about a bit whenever I get up to go somewhere
And grinning like a loon for no particular reason

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Biting's excellent. It's like kissing. Only there's a winner."

And hearing the TARDIS saying she loves her stolen Time Lord is quite heartbreaking
It also makes Davros' attempted destruction of her back in Series 3 that much more horrifying

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's one thing to say Matt Smith is adorable, but watching him in The Eleventh Hour, and now The God Complex, is bringing back so many warm fuzzy memories

He's got such a wonderful way of interjecting random tangential phrases into his chatter that's charming to watch

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

River is hit or miss, but I really like her in the library two-parter.

I keep hearing things like "River Song gets better in terms of being a character as she nears her death"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Time Lord Agent: I have a stazer pointed directly at your hearts, set to maximum lethal power and my finger is on the trigger. All you have is a cup of tea.
War Master: I know..... are you scared yet? :smug:

A pity he doesn't start musing about the twenty thousand ways you can kill someone with a cup of tea

Twenty-three if it's full

Thirty if it's hot

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What if...

A Blu-Ray release

Of nothing but Christmas Specials?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

If I knew how to photoshop I would put upside down K9 on top of the TARDIS.

Peanuts/Doctor Who is exactly as adorable as it sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hm...would River be Lucy?

"Some day, you could just walk past a security blanket."
"Never gonna happen."

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 5, 2018

• Locked thread