Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best producer/showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 30 15.31%
Barry Letts 7 3.57%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 32 16.33%
John Nathan-Turner 6 3.06%
Russell T Davies 33 16.84%
Steven Moffat 50 25.51%
Chris Chibnall (I am from the future) 38 19.39%
Total: 196 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CommonShore posted:

In like two days!

:derp:

I’m not going to make it!

(Hi, I’m new - I started with the Eccleston run about a month ago with the hopes of watching at least the television stories and being able to watch this live. Alas I have failed, being 2 das left and only just now starting on Capaldi’s run)

e:

corn in the bible posted:

These days I feel like big finish is better than the TV. Hopefully Chibnall will fix that but who knows

Obviously I still have 4 Moffat years to go, but I think I completely understand what you mean

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
quote is not edit

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Hi again everyone!

I just finished with Capaldi's run. I'm taking a look now at the OP's list of classic Doctor serials and will check them out.

On the whole, I'm probably not as super down on Moffat as the lot of you. He reads better when you binge i think. His little mystery boxes get dealt with quickly and seem less random. That said, he falls into the same patterns and they get tedious. Capaldi was able to elevate a lot of drek into watchability. He's definitely my favorite modern doctor (Tennant is a close second, and I'm very upset about only having one series of Eccleston. I never fully warmed up to Smith, even though he got Moffat's best efforts - series 5 was really good)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Also it would have felt less bullshit if we'd ever seen or mentioned this super best friend 4 lyfe lady before that

Yeah this. Anything that would make you believe it was planned out instead of "poo poo what are we gonna do"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

You are a good dalek dok torr

I am not a good dalek

You are a good dalek

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Mameluke posted:

Eric Roberts is a delightful ham and it's a shame there's never been a push to have him reprise his role on the TV show.

He was one of the best parts about the lone good season of Heroes

• Locked thread