Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Impossible's just another Tuesday in Central City

The Ringer has their second mock out

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...k-draft-january

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
And now the whole nation - pulpit and all - will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open.

I finally got my schedule together and it's ugly and not very appealing. Last year I was lucky and a lot of the prospects were playing each other in big games, but this year, not so much.

Anyway while I was putting this together I was watching a tape delay of Tony Carr, wasn't really scouting him but I'm worried about the depth of this draft if he's really a borderline first round prospect.

E: I guess now I need to figure out how to watch Donic

Rick fucked around with this message at Jan 13, 2018 around 09:00

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

i'm bobby hill irl

Grimey Drawer

If you could take a look at Waters out of LSU and let me know where on the scale of late first, early /late second, undrafted but on the short list of call ups, to "sorry, bro". That would be great.

He's a short pg that is putting up lots of steals, assists, and points on a surprisingly decent LSU team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

Verhy old and rocky thoughts

Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I finally got my schedule together and it's ugly and not very appealing. Last year I was lucky and a lot of the prospects were playing each other in big games, but this year, not so much.

Anyway while I was putting this together I was watching a tape delay of Tony Carr, wasn't really scouting him but I'm worried about the depth of this draft if he's really a borderline first round prospect.

E: I guess now I need to figure out how to watch Donic

There's probably a legit stream for it that's decent but I just use http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/basketball.html
For euro games

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball.

Is it just me or does Luka Doncic have huge floppy feet and whenever he moves it looks like he's not nimble at all because of it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

Verhy old and rocky thoughts

Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Is it just me or does Luka Doncic have huge floppy feet and whenever he moves it looks like he's not nimble at all because of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWy9fG5Wls#t=69s Check out this slow mo
He's got bad posture, so he gets almost no sink or power from his butt and hips, so he has to thud his knees, ankles, feet to move. It really worries me injury wise. The awkwardness seemingly does help him get around defenders, ala ginobli, but ginobli has spent half of his NBA career not playing.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

Hey, you want a toothpick?

I should root for local guys, but I'm really not digging Trae Young. I've never seen so many bad shots.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

ButtWolf posted:

I should root for local guys, but I'm really not digging Trae Young. I've never seen so many bad shots.

Shot selection should be the easiest thing for an NBA coaching staff to fix

His good shots, good lord

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Shot selection should be the easiest thing for an NBA coaching staff to fix

His good shots, good lord

Under competent coaching Trae will be a Diet Steph. That's not a knock.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Under competent coaching Trae will be a Diet Steph. That's not a knock.

And steph was diet steph for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

And steph was diet steph for years.

Haha very true.

«4 »