Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What’s the website where you see the status of picks? I need to know about Memphis’s picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

paternity suitor posted:

The more I read about Mo Bamba, the more I love this dude. Mo's sense of humor comp is a more well spoken but less subversive Embiid, so he is now my new favorite player in the draft:

https://youtu.be/2MT04aQ2C80

Sheck Wes has some 🔥 in honor of Mo Bamba too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Am I wrong to be skeptical of Ayton? Maybe it’s just my Th*beet gunshy fear for big men

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

come to butthead

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Doncic to Memphis

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Grizz

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/devin_walker2/status/996456389777219584?s=21

bruh

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

triple sulk posted:

trump is president and the sixers are out of the playoffs

Gina Haspel to the CIA, Luka Doncic to the Grizz

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Whoooooo the gently caress caaaaaares ESPN

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Penny Hardaway is with Memphis now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress life gently caress it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

gently caress this bullshit

gently caress IT

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well it's probably for the best that the worst teams in the NBA got the best picks, strange when the intended thing happens

This didn’t happen though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chris Wallace is definitely taking Michael Porter Jr, who has the exact same spine that I do (this is a bad thing)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

The way they did Tyreke dirty really deserved more attention, they benched a man in the midst of a career year because they promised him a trade and then just didn't trade him and kept him benched in order to both lose and suppress his value

Chris Wallace is a retard, and we hired Tank Commando JB Bickerstaff to head the team up instead of looking to get fresh talent. I mean seriously, how the hell do you look at what he did this season and say “yeah, this is the right guy to lead the team.” Basically, enjoy your free lottery pick Boston. gently caress Jeff Green, gently caress Chandler Parsons, and I hope Chris Wallace falls down a flight of stairs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone please sell me on Michael Porter Junior

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’m trying to talk myself into being ok with him or Bamba. I honestly would also be ok with the Grizz trading down for another pick in this or next year’s draft and picking up someone like Wendell Carter

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

xbilkis posted:

It seems like there aren't really any obvious duds in this draft's top 6-9.

Like, I would be nervous about drafting MPJ, but reputation alone makes him a potential steal if he falls out of the top 5. There are questions about how Trae Young will translate to the NBA, but most of the short scoring guards who excelled in college and then busted haven't had anything approaching his point guard skills. Wendell Carter and Mikal Bridges aren't super exciting but it's really easy to see how they would translate to the NBA as productive role players.

Basically it's a good draft for making yourself believe your team didn't gently caress up

*has chris wallace as gm* oh nooooo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

the mean lunch lady posted:

Didn't he win the McDonald's All American Dunk Contest?

Yes. He is athletic as gently caress. He also looks like Ted Cruz and plays like a little bitch. I would be ok with Memphis taking him with their later pick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills because I keep seeing reports that Memphis is looking to trade down, which I both hate and don’t hate????? We need top level talent, but it seems like after the first two picks it kind of becomes a hodgepodge of talent coupled with critical flaws. I want a high pick, but I also know that we have an idiot manning the helm so we can’t be trusted with a high pick.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’m talking myself into second tier prospects pretty well now. Bamba is a physical freak! Triple J is projected to be good! Michael Porter was the top pick before the back injury! Trae Young might be like Steph Curry!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Are y’all more confident in Bagley or Bamba

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Saw someone posit a trade
4th overall 2018 for
Terry Terror, MEM 1st 2019, SAC 1st 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I would like for us to not be completely awful next year. I’m coming around on the second tier draft prospects. I’m thinking Triple J would probably be our best bet, but if the physicals come back good on MPJ I wouldn’t mind taking a swing for the fences with him.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spacebump posted:

I don't see how he falls past 4.

Please lord

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Beware the shifting illiquid markets...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is it weird to not be enthralled by Bagley potentially dropping to us? I think I’d rather have Triple J...

Also, reading lots of smokescreens about Doncic dropping out of the top three. There’s no way he gets past Atlanta, right?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who do you guys think is the most impressive athlete in the draft, that's subjective of course, but I'd like to hear

MV is right, but in terms of pure physical specimen-ness, Bamba’s near 8 foot wingspan is horrifying

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like Jalen Brunson for the Grizz at 32. I think he’s going to be a solid professional player. Maybe not a star, but solid.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/23581610/is-luka-doncic-top-three-2018-nba-draft-pick

Oh poo poo not junk food and night life. drat it Doncic your love of...patatas bravas after hitting up the clubs is going to kill your career

Also :lol: that Givony acts like Vlade deciding to see his son go graduate college is somehow a slight on Doncic

I just know if Doncic falls into our lap Chris Wallace will do something stupid instead

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please let Doncic fall

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I had a dream that the Grizz traded up one spot to draft Doncic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

The burden of supporting so many refugees and illegal immigrants was too much for him

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

Midichlorians are real, Ben Simmons was born via a misuse of The Force.

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I would be all over a 4th overall pick for Brown, 2019 MEM, and 2019 SAC trade. All over it.

It’s not happening cause Doncic is dropping though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

No!! Is wrong!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

C’mon man, Luka is so close to Memphis...please keep falling

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

Carter has does well enough in various "project a superstar" formulas that I think you have to at least work him out you're drafting top 5, since most teams are from what I understand using a proprietary formula of some sort that are pretty similar to the ones we see fans make.

I’m pretty sure Chris Wallace is enamored with him. If Doncic doesn’t fall to us (he will) and Porter’s healthy (he isn’t) I wouldn’t be surprised if Memphis traded back to refill the war chest

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/grizzlam/status/1007352044259364866?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Other prospects have cancelled their workouts when they found they were playing opposite Jevon Carter so I think he’s going to be good

• Locked thread