Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Is Jaren Jackson the best case outcome for the #4 pick or is he definitely going top 3

I don't think it's definite, but you see it quite a bit in mocks.

In other news, Dallas drops in draft, water wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

MourningView posted:

i feel bad for most of y'all but he deserves it

Yeah, I don't feel bad for him, certainly, but just the drop itself was initially a little deflating.

I'm over it now, as I told myself there's at least 6-7 guys who are pretty easy to get excited about, in terms of upside.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Paul Zuvella posted:

I just can't help but feel that the griz are going to be stupid as hell and draft Trae Young. I know this makes no sense but i feel it deep in my soul.

That's going to be tough to do with Atlanta drafting Young.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I’m talking myself into second tier prospects pretty well now. Bamba is a physical freak! Triple J is projected to be good! Michael Porter was the top pick before the back injury! Trae Young might be like Steph Curry!

It's a pretty good year for that, really, if you're 1-7 or so. Theoretical ceilings are pretty good on most of those guys, so you can really let yourself go.

Bamba needs to do some audio books or something; throw on an interview, and drift off to dreamland.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I think I'm falling into that trap where I become enamored with a lot of the periphery things regarding Bamba. He's certainly a culture fit with Dallas (he reminds me a lot of Harrison Barnes in that regard, listening to him speak), but at a certain point, they just need talent.

And none of that is to say I don't want them to take him, or I don't think he's talented. It just probably shouldn't be my focus. Or theirs, certainly.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is it weird to not be enthralled by Bagley potentially dropping to us? I think I’d rather have Triple J...

Also, reading lots of smokescreens about Doncic dropping out of the top three. There’s no way he gets past Atlanta, right?

I imagine it might be easier to say he doesn't get past 3, because I imagine you'd see a trade happening if he made it past 2.

It's going to be a long month.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
What's worth more, trading down to 4 + whatever 2020+, or trading down to 5 + 2019 1st with whatever minor protections?

Speaking of, I've always been curious how to value the various protections in terms of trade valuations.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

:hmmyes:

Yes, yes, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

morestuff posted:

Hasn't Barnes been pretty decent for Dallas? Seems like a lot to give up

It is, but I have a hard time seeing Memphis just giving up the 4th pick to shed Parsons. I might be inclined for something like either Barnes/54, or maybe Wes/33, to take back Parsons and 4, but I have my doubts that gets it done. I mean, Barnes is a good enough player, and unlike Parsons, will actually be on the floor to play in basketball games. But I doubt I could get myself much further than that. Though if Doncic is there, I might reconsider.

• Locked thread