Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess ZSJ is gonna win Best Technical for the rest of his career but really happy to see KUSHIDA get more love there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jericho getting votes as one of the best wrestlers in the US based on the 2017 calendar year is amazing.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=758&page=4&year=2017&promotion=1

Like he was decent in 2017 but come on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

They've toured india before and didn't have to cancel all but one of their shows because they presented a cowardly badguy as the face of India.

All but one? They were going to run two. If you think people rejected the product because of Jinder, that's stupid. They haven't toured India in ages because talent hates it and it isn't that profitable or easy to draw. If it was they would go there more often. The Jinder push flopped but he wasn't the reason they had to cancel a show. The company isn't that popular in India and that's why they don't go there and that's why they couldn't run two successful shows. They didn't even send the Smackdown brand, they sent their A talent!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They thought they could sell Network subscriptions in a country where WWE PPVs air on free TV. There ... wasn't much thought put into it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Am I the only surprised that Bryan won Non-Wrestler by such a wide margin? Did Dave throw out all the Daryl votes?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Am I the only surprised that Bryan won Non-Wrestler by such a wide margin? Did Dave throw out all the Daryl votes?

He's one of the most popular wrestlers in the world.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So they pushed a gross vein elemental to the moon to appeal to a market that has minimal interest in them, they never tour in and whom gets their PPVs for free apparently.
Why?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

So they pushed a gross vein elemental to the moon to appeal to a market that has minimal interest in them, they never tour in and whom gets their PPVs for free apparently.
Why?

To increase network subscriptions!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's 1.2 billion people in India (we know this because the announcers said it 1.2 billion times), just think if we can get 1.2 billion subscribers :vince:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

There's 1.2 billion people in India (we know this because the announcers said it 1.2 billion times), just think if we can get 1.2 billion subscribers :vince:

Vince would personally suck Jim Hellwig's cock as it stands today, for like, 10% of that in India

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

They thought Jinder was the difference maker there?
I mean I guess that's the line of the thinking that got us Mahaboli Shera so...

(Ring Ka King was actually kinda fun)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Why?

I know I'm surprised Impact didn't rank worse too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Let's remember that a tour of India drat near killed both Kane and William Regal

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It's both this weird positive and negative thing I realize that the men and women wrestlers are in the same pool and that there's just categories for Best Wrestler over all. On the one hand, it's a positive cuz not having them all lumped together is inherently kind of lame when some do just as good or better than some of their male counterparts. But on the other hand, they're not going to be allowed to go out there and do a match like one of those Okada - Omega ones and that is probably keeping them from being voted more often for like Best Wrestler/High Flyer/Etc . Maybe as time goes on we will see it though which would be pretty cool to me.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 16, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

manami toyota was voted most outstanding in 1995

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Ah ha you're right! It's been a while since I looked at some of the old results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Io was in the top 10 this year, which is pretty good considering her comparative exposure in the west to a lot of the people on the list.

• Locked thread