Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Man I'm close to the end and haven't had a crash , I feel lucky . Is there a common trigger for it that ppl have seen? I usually close out of the game from the menu if I'm done for the night instead of just leaving it suspended because I know that makes things worse for some games

For me it usually happened when something triggered, like a cutscene or I fast traveled somewhere. It never happened when I was just out and about killing stuff.

I wonder if I'll revisit this game someday. I kinda rushed the last chapters cause the story revved up and figured I'd go back to complete stuff I left behind but never really got around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i had a crash once and i lost 10 minutes of progress and had to go look at rocks with agate again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

I feel like everyone in the game is way less concerned with the fact that (chapter 5)the praetor is malos driver than they should be? Unless I'm misunderstanding Wtf a driver is at this point. Like why would you trust or go near this dude and why isn't he like sorry my slave warrior soulmate is trying to destroy the world

there are some good quests and some bad ones. most of the rare blades have good ones and i liked helping umon get his life in order again idk if you can get that one in ch 5 or 6 tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Also even if you're over levelled for a quest & its rewards they still give a pretty significant Trust boost to all your equipped blades when you complete them which is worth it imo because leveling that up takes forever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Also even if you're over levelled for a quest & its rewards they still give a pretty significant Trust boost to all your equipped blades when you complete them which is worth it imo because leveling that up takes forever

you also get a lot of sp for the character affinity charts and getting the ones that let you cancel blade arts into blade arts and let you instantly use the art on a button at start kick rear end

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I hate tiger tiger and I will NOT be empowering poppi or managing her parts anymore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The last few areas are sweet but I wish there were some more big wide open ones like Uraya near the end . Basically the second half of the game onwards you don't really see any of the MMO-zone style worlds , they're all more linear or dungeon style

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

fisting by many posted:

Things I like about this game

- qol is the first priority. I like how even in story spots where you have to escape from x area you can fast travel freely

At first it seems that way but the game makes some huge huge qol missteps that cannot be explained in any rational way

Wait until you start doing rare blade sidequests and trying to get more of the blades

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

All the magic rocks 8n my party have b8g floppy boobs. Well, maybe the sexy dog girl doesn't

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

All the magic rocks 8n my party have b8g floppy boobs. Well, maybe the sexy dog girl doesn't

Hold on a second... It was my understanding that the sexy dog girl had the biggest, floppiest boobs in the whole game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the rabbit lady iirc. Nim is the sexy dog lady and looks perfectly normal outside of her snout and sonic the hedgehog style glowing feet

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I beat it but I think I'm going to keep playing this instead of finding a new game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

I beat it but I think I'm going to keep playing this instead of finding a new game

you have to show the king kong apes and tyrannosaurs who's boss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

and the level 100 guy who is just hanging around in a room in the cliffs of morytha i guess

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and the level 100 guy who is just hanging around in a room in the cliffs of morytha i guess

he's the hardest boss in the game.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Old Man Morytha is watching people die to the bird nm and dragons repeatedly

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tantal is really cool and the story seems to be getting more focused, I like this. Also the English choral music ftw

Every loving cutscene is so drat slow though lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Just popped 3 legendary, 14 rare and 63 common crystals for 1 rare blade :negative:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i beat the entire game and never crashed once

i never played it on tv, though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it crashed once for me but i only lost like 15 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I crashed once when I jumped off mor arghain into the water pots right after fast traveling

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It crashed and I lost like 5 or 6 hours and I ree'd hard

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

they patched the game and hosed up the soldier lines and im pissed off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvCABDnK54

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Omg you can skip voice lines in menus now. That makes feeding your harem to build trust so much better

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

goferchan posted:

Omg you can skip voice lines in menus now. That makes feeding your harem to build trust so much better

Came here to post this. It makes merc missions and checking affinity rewards much quicker too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I WONT forget yuu, soldier.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

I WONT forget yuu, soldier.

hes don.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

You still can't skip the blade summoning startup

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

they patched the game and hosed up the soldier lines and im pissed off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvCABDnK54

same

the problem with the line wasn't the line, it was that it was substantially louder than every other voice in the game and the soldiers said it constantly and also only traveled in groups of 2 or 3

now it just sounds weird

don't forget what? tell me!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I started playing the last two nights intending to wrap up Chapter 6 but instead did sidequests and affinity tree stuff for 4 hours each day

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

I started playing the last two nights intending to wrap up Chapter 6 but instead did sidequests and affinity tree stuff for 4 hours each day

:thumbsup:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fisting by many posted:

same

the problem with the line wasn't the line, it was that it was substantially louder than every other voice in the game and the soldiers said it constantly and also only traveled in groups of 2 or 3

now it just sounds weird

don't forget what? tell me!!

the sound mixing in this game is hosed up like all the heart to hearts and cutscenes start out with audible speaking but the music gets louder and louder and the voices get softer. bizarre

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the sound mixing in this game is hosed up like all the heart to hearts and cutscenes start out with audible speaking but the music gets louder and louder and the voices get softer. bizarre

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I did Nim's a phonex tale quest today which is one of the most dumb unsatisfying sidequests in any Xenoblade. But then I did some wulfric stuff that was fun and good. He made friends with an old lady.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I abruptly entered a zone that is like a shin megami-lite setting? Not really sure if this is just weird world building or if the games about to drop a cool twist on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

There’s a big update next week that adds a ng+ and lots of other stuff https://gematsu.com/2018/02/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-3-0-update-launches-next-week-details

• Locked thread