Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

but it stays solid when docked? is it just some power-saving thing? thats lame

it seems to run at a steady 30 fps and 720p when docked most of the time, altho the fps sometimes dips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

bump_fn posted:

mitsuda discussion making me want to replay chrono cross, haven’t played that in forever

same here. Playing this scratches that specific jrpg itch for me though. It really does feel like an old gen rpg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

just give me an option to either have full biking shorts or full diver pants on rex. this bizarre half measure is insane

His diver suit is cool. And he carries around the helmet 24/7 but never wears it, it's gotta be destroying his neck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

His diver suit is cool. And he carries around the helmet 24/7 but never wears it, it's gotta be destroying his neck

That's Gramps's house

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont want to play chrono cross because the combat is tedious and the story is nonsense. Yes i real8ze im playing a single player mmo made by the ppl who made xenogears and xenosaga

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is way more involved than a mmo. Source I recently played 120 hours of ffxiv

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I dont want to play chrono cross because the combat is tedious and the story is nonsense. Yes i real8ze im playing a single player mmo made by the ppl who made xenogears and xenosaga

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
so hows the mission design?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The main story is just a old school JRPG where you're going city to city talking to a lot of people and watching hella cutscenes. The sidequests have been pretty sparse but it's little stories about like star crossed lovers who get attacked by bugs so you save them and they give you 400 xp and a new accessory or w/e. The environments and monsters are rad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I accidentally had a audio setting muted and now I just found out that this game has an announcer who yells out combo names while you're playing and compliments you on huge damage...simply awesome

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really like this game

i had to turn down combat voices

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
would like Xenoblade Chronicles x ported to switch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

hubris.height posted:

would like Xenoblade Chronicles x ported to switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i can stream this tonight after the Game Awards if anybody on the fence wants to see what the mid game combat looks like when you can do more than just watch Rex auto attack a crab.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this game looks completely insane, and id probably love it

hubris.height posted:

would like Xenoblade Chronicles 1 ported to switch
Fixed

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
xb1 is already available on a portable system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training im gonna stream this now if anybody wants to check it out. mid game story spoilers because im like 30 hours in

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My plan was to wrap up BOTW tomorrow night (friday baby) and then start this but now the new dlc is dropping and I dunno

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hubris.height posted:

xb1 is already available on a portable system
Ah true but id need to buy a whole new 3ds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna stream this but now I'm just opening gacha cubes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I marathoned through half of chapters 4 and 5 so i could get to the last party member as fast as possible so now I'm turning the gently caress around and doing as many missions as i can

The story has been frustratingly dumb at times but the game is fun enough for me to still play through it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hows the story in this? Yall are saying its a callback to PS2 era rpgs so do you kill god or something equally insane?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ah. Guess I should have read to the end of the thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God joins your party like 1/5th of the way through.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
This game is great. Sunk 60 hours into it so far. Some stuff is turbo annoying like the whole gacha system (thank god Nintendo has that "family" stamp so you can't buy cores), loot disappearing way too fast if you're fighting multiple enemies and fighting near ledges is such a roulette of who will fall off first but generally I'm having a blast. It sucks that Tetsuya Nomura got to put belts on a load of characters for no reason and whoever designed the main heroine needs an anatomy class even by anime standards, but most of the character designs are fine and good.

Also the soundtrack is amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i love this song it sounds like something from Wild Arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc92Kphmsrs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gonna get into some gooooood snow day gaming here in a sec

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I was gonna stream this but now I'm just opening gacha cubes

the gatcha stuff is really fun

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

an actual dog posted:

the gatcha stuff is really fun

i'm going to lob the cat accross the living room if i get another generic blade and not a buring spirits shonen/magical girl with huge boobs/2000 year old who looks like a toddler/the coca cola bear

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

i'm going to lob the cat accross the living room if i get another generic blade and not a buring spirits shonen/magical girl with huge boobs/2000 year old who looks like a toddler/the coca cola bear

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a Coca Cola bear????

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Tender Bender posted:

My plan was to wrap up BOTW tomorrow night (friday baby) and then start this but now the new dlc is dropping and I dunno

you don’t ‘wrap up’ BotW.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

rediscover posted:

you don’t ‘wrap up’ BotW.

I have 108 shrines, I don't use the shrine sensor but I hit up the last interesting looking landmark I had noted on the map and figured rather than using a guide or combing through the world with the sensor I would just go beat Ganon and then when the dlc dropped come back to get the remaining shrines

I shouldn't have stepped away from the game to play SMT IV, Rabbids, or 50 hours of Stardew Valley :negative:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

There's a Coca Cola bear????

it's a girl and a bear, she rides the bear around it's cute

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/935404780511363074

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I want the parrot wielding a 2 handed hammer

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

I have 108 shrines, I don't use the shrine sensor but I hit up the last interesting looking landmark I had noted on the map and figured rather than using a guide or combing through the world with the sensor I would just go beat Ganon and then when the dlc dropped come back to get the remaining shrines

I shouldn't have stepped away from the game to play SMT IV, Rabbids, or 50 hours of Stardew Valley :negative:

wandering around the world when you have most of the shrines, just lookin around and fighting monsters and getting materials and cooking and finding stuff that you havent seen before and when the shrine sensor finally goes off and your like oh hell yes. thats a good game feel

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

rediscover posted:

wandering around the world when you have most of the shrines, just lookin around and fighting monsters and getting materials and cooking and finding stuff that you havent seen before and when the shrine sensor finally goes off and your like oh hell yes. thats a good game feel

:yeah:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dude i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
protip: if you find a blade with the expeditionist trait you hang onto that sucker like it's a PSX third party memory card that doesn't randomly wipe itself

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 8, 2017

• Locked thread