Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

at first i thought the furbies were jews, because of their love of gold, but as you talk to them they talk about making deals, buying on the cheap, and one of them talks about how they cook everything using high eated oil becasue it's quick and efficient. which means they're chinese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've been cracking eggs becasue i have to many boosters from selling crafting materials to furbies who are chinese

anyway, if you cracked more eggs you wouldn't have this problem becasue it saves [no egg scumming]

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Did anything good hatch from your Wife Eggs?

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

at first i thought the furbies were jews, because of their love of gold, but as you talk to them they talk about making deals, buying on the cheap, and one of them talks about how they cook everything using high eated oil becasue it's quick and efficient. which means they're chinese

would you believe it can be both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_China

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

holy s hit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Did anything good hatch from your Wife Eggs?

i got boreas and zenobia or whatever her name is who wants to go around killing everything on rex from two consecutive common eggs :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the common/rare odds must be barely different cuz every rare ive gotten has come from common eggs just because I have 10x as many

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
egg

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i got boreas and zenobia or whatever her name is who wants to go around killing everything on rex from two consecutive common eggs :cheers:

I have Boreas and he seems great but his skill unlock process is loving expensive

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I have Boreas and he seems great but his skill unlock process is loving expensive

have you got gold cylinders yet? they're basically infinite money once you get them.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
salvaging and exploring the cool vistas has consumed the last two days of my life and now I unlocked platinum cylinders and I can't find anyone to sell them to me

I should just get the last party member and then look around

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

so far i think the best healing rare i;ve gotten is the shy singer on the polar bear. she heals your whole party for 40% of their max hp just for switching to her. some of the healing blades dont seem to have anything related to healing on them, like the angsty librarian missing half her torso. shes listed as a healer, but her only moves are two different guard breaks, and some passives to increase item drop rates and fusion combo damage.

also it seems like greataxes are bad because they are so slow and all the fast weapons are really good.

i have a rare blade called floren and it seems like a girl and is voiced by a girl, but its registered as a male, and in its personal quest i think it was just proposed to by a high ranking male government official.

this game has a ownage soundtrack, but the audio mixing is pretty terirble most of the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

so far i think the best healing rare i;ve gotten is the shy singer on the polar bear. she heals your whole party for 40% of their max hp just for switching to her. some of the healing blades dont seem to have anything related to healing on them, like the angsty librarian missing half her torso. shes listed as a healer, but her only moves are two different guard breaks, and some passives to increase item drop rates and fusion combo damage.

also it seems like greataxes are bad because they are so slow and all the fast weapons are really good.

i have a rare blade called floren and it seems like a girl and is voiced by a girl, but its registered as a male, and in its personal quest i think it was just proposed to by a high ranking male government official.

this game has a ownage soundtrack, but the audio mixing is pretty terirble most of the time

the weapon skills are different depending on who the blade's driver is, so someone listed as a Healer may be useless on Rex but somebody else may have potion spawning abilities or a AOE heal.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

so far i think the best healing rare i;ve gotten is the shy singer on the polar bear. she heals your whole party for 40% of their max hp just for switching to her.

I didn't know blades do things when you switch to them. Where does the game tell you what those powers are?

Do you just get quests automatically from your blades after a certain point? I'm at the start of chapter 3. I had a moment of intense introspection after watching an extended conversation between two Nopon, kind of marveling at how Monolithsoft has made these puffball "Meh Meh!" creatures their primary nonhuman race, like their version of elves, and how mad and bizarrely confident that decision is, and how I am 31 years old and playing this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't know blades do things when you switch to them. Where does the game tell you what those powers are?

Do you just get quests automatically from your blades after a certain point? I'm at the start of chapter 3. I had a moment of intense introspection after watching an extended conversation between two Nopon, kind of marveling at how Monolithsoft has made these puffball "Meh Meh!" creatures their primary nonhuman race, like their version of elves, and how mad and bizarrely confident that decision is, and how I am 31 years old and playing this game

If you hit L/R when looking at blades in any of the management window you can see info on their passives

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

have you got gold cylinders yet? they're basically infinite money once you get them.

Not yet I'm still at chapter 3, I bought BotW and got sidetracked. Gonna dig back in tonight though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

blade quests are unlocked automatically by story progression and when you get merc missions. any ??? on the rare blade affinity tree is tied to some sort of even and eventually the game will tell you explicitly what to do on the affinity tree after a certain point, like a couple of pyra's and drommarch's ??? get filled in at the start of chapter 5 so u know what quest/cutscene/merc mission 2 do

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

gotcha, thanks. This game is bizarre and fun to dig into. The pacing alone is miles ahead of XCX which makes it more rewarding to dig into and progress through instead of feeling like you're pouring your time into an unending pit

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the end of chapter 4 was wild, not the very very end but all the stuff before it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

net cafe scandal posted:

SA's leading murderer of dinosaurs and hater of black women

RIP Tiny Brontosaurus 12/13/17

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The end of chapter 5 was muchos epic. But now I have to refrain from saving the world for about 4 hours so I can feed my enormous orb slave a bunch of meats, pastries, salads etc

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What’s the best way to farm blade cores

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

What’s the best way to farm blade cores

some of the crabs/snails/whatever that appear during salvaging seem to drop common ones every time. if you fail the qte one shows up every time [make sure u don't have salvaging mastery on one of your dudes tho]

rare ones drop much more rarely :p

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I will make Ursula a star even if it means developing an ocd

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I have her at 2000 points.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've opened like 40 cores and I have 1 rare on Rex and 1 rare on Nia and Nia's rare only has slow charging arts that generate aggro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah I popped 50 last night and got one rare guy. nbd I have like 5 others from being lucky, but leaving element / class boosters up to chance is frustrating for the player

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a pretty sick ice lancer, which is the first ice type blade I've gotten in 40 hours

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

RIP Tiny Brontosaurus

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I opened a bunch of commons to get an earth blade for some field check. Ended up getting kos-mos.... on rex.... there goes an overdrive I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently there's only 5 overdrives in the entire game even though you have a cap of 99 so use them wisely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saw a heart to heart today where all the girl blades got together and planned a girl blade only evening and called it Bladies Night.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Bladies Night.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
So i was wondering are you guys playing this with english or japanese voices? I played with japanese cause I'm a huge weeb but I also heard that the english dub isn't great. If I ever play through it again I'll probably do it with english voices cause I kinda wanna hear Nia say "spanner."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been swapping between. There's some characters I prefer the dub like Nia, but some I prefer original like Morag and any nopon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Saw a heart to heart today where all the girl blades got together and planned a girl blade only evening and called it Bladies Night.

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

Apparently there's only 5 overdrives in the entire game even though you have a cap of 99 so use them wisely

fuuuuccck

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like the dub, it's a little goofy but it fits the entire plot and tone of this nuts game

I like Nia and Poppi. Poppi's "What Will We Find" whenever I fast travel is Good

In Training posted:

I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

well, youll be getting more this Friday if you preorder the Season Pass content.

• Locked thread