Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope they have a patch in the works that makes the handheld mode better :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
edit: it was a bad post

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 13, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One thing I would like is some sort of guidance on enemy locations. Like when blades have an affinity requirement of "Kill 6 Reclining Volffs on a specific titan" it's hard to figure out where that enemy type could be because some of the titans are huge. Or even if there's a little marker above their head that signifies that they're the target for an affinity node just so you're aware if you happen to stumble upon them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh poo poo. That's quick and good .... glad they're doing balance/QoL patches , i didn't expect that at all for some reason

They're selling a season pass which include a story xpac next year so I think it's gonna get rolling updates. Thank you service based gaming

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I hope they patch the crashing. Luckily I opened blades before it last crashed so I only lost like 20 minutes instead of three hours.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't mind it auto saving when you use core crystals but it feels kind of hostile that that's the only time in the game that it happens, lol

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Is this game about boobs?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
only about 20%

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

I don't mind it auto saving when you use core crystals but it feels kind of hostile that that's the only time in the game that it happens, lol

I'm glad in this case cuz it saved me from redoing a bunch of stuff but it does just scream phone game gacha to me with that being the only time it forces you to save.

It's also one cool trick to make speedrunners hate your game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who in their right mind would speed run this game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shove me like you do posted:

It's also one cool trick to make speedrunners hate your game.

oh no

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5k313a/wr_baten_kaitos_100_in_341_hours_20_minutes_and_3/?st=jb5h1j64&sh=73f7a7b1

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Ahhhh poo poo! Now I won’t be able to see AneBungM speed run this! poo poo...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tinybuild, the publisher than got its start advertising non stop on gdqs and makes games with speedrunning in mind, also makes the worst games in history

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't understand why it doesn't autosave but there's no save points so i save every 5 seconds. i've also had no crashes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

In a cavernous mansion somewhere, the shriveled husk of Mike Umaya laughs while writhing on top of a giant pile of money and expired medical equipment

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There's this weird autodimming the game does in cutscenes? I thought it was my TV at first and spent a while looking at settings before I realized it was happening ingame and tested in handheld mode. It's really obvious in the chapter 2 cutscene "the color emerald". Why would they do that.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Tfw when your cylinder is unexpectedly filled with gender swap gas and Rex's boobs clip through the screen into your face

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

There's this weird autodimming the game does in cutscenes? I thought it was my TV at first and spent a while looking at settings before I realized it was happening ingame and tested in handheld mode. It's really obvious in the chapter 2 cutscene "the color emerald". Why would they do that.

i neither know, nor care

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the console does it when you dont press buttons for a while. like all of them do that

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
actually i just looked and its the "camera" adjusting to different light at different angles. who cares

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Does this game have a bestiary? I’m playing the first one on 3DS before I get this. There’s so many different creatures and resources to loot from them, and the lack of a concise ingame database for it is driving me nuts.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Does this game have a bestiary? I’m playing the first one on 3DS before I get this. There’s so many different creatures and resources to loot from them, and the lack of a concise ingame database for it is driving me nuts.

none in this one either.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hizke posted:

none in this one either.

drat... oh well

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
mythras voice actor is trying her best to take the charm out of the voice acting for everyone else

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't understand why it doesn't autosave but there's no save points so i save every 5 seconds. i've also had no crashes

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

emoji posted:

Tfw when your cylinder is unexpectedly filled with gender swap gas and Rex's boobs clip through the screen into your face

I love this feel.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hatched a rare egg last night and got a guy who looks kind of like yoshimitsu from tekken

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I legitimately love that every town has a dozen vendors who each sell specific things like Meat and Art, all of which are different categories of consumable buffs for the same slot. This is the unnecessary eccentricity I expect and enjoy from Xenoblade.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I legitimately love that every town has a dozen vendors who each sell specific things like Meat and Art, all of which are different categories of consumable buffs for the same slot. This is the unnecessary eccentricity I expect and enjoy from Xenoblade.

speaking iof which that mechanic is hosed bnecause you cant take poo poo out early and it automatically refills the pouch even if you dont want it to

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

speaking iof which that mechanic is hosed bnecause you cant take poo poo out early and it automatically refills the pouch even if you dont want it to

you can also instantly gain trust with your blade by putting their liked items in over and over :cool:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

money is basically a non issue by chapter 4 so i buy all the deserts i can to keep my team on a constant sugar rush [all the deserts make your special moves charge faster.....yes!]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

there's no HP healing or anti-status effect items so it's a really cool replacement for that

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I just finished chapter 5 and the game is still taking a lot of twists and turns and is still introducing new mechanics and taunting a huge shift in established ones. The plot is also taking a markedly Marxist turn, and it’s actually starting to feel a little xenogearsy/xenosaga-esque in terms of complexity and construction. My only recollection of more than 90 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles x is those eerily disproportionate faces and the awful constant joke of Japanese Velma eating the nopon party member. By contrast this game and its plot feel like a magnum opus. Still can’t get over the titties like, there’s a blade I just got that’s much closer to an ancient fertility goddess in proportions than any living being. Definitely like double H breasts that would turn a spinal column to dust after a few years

A cool thing that happens around ch 5 is a lot of vocal music themes. The one in the most recent city I’ve unlocked gives me mild grizzly bear vibes from like 2011.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVZMxf4E2Q

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
pyra is elhaym, mythra is miang and this is cenogears episode 1

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lost hours of progress after a crash, lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SA's leading murderer of dinosaurs and hater of black women

RIP Tiny Brontosaurus 12/13/17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

lost hours of progress after a crash, lol

i've been cracking eggs becasue i have to many boosters from selling crafting materials to furbies who are chinese

• Locked thread