Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

are the reports of performance drops / low frames in handheld mode true in yr experience

yes, also the resolution changes in handheld mode sometimes to what looks like 240p or there abouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Alright then. Im getting this

hey pal. don't just think you'll be getting giant fox tits for free. you have to use a sort of gatcha system to get new blades [the dudes that give you your skills in battle], and most of them are just sort of generic robots or big cats, instead of the extra special sex foxes or wahtever. and the only time the game autosaves is after you use one of the gatcha items so you can't game the system

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pumprag posted:

The soundtrack in this is epic.

its good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the worst design is rex. what's wrong with his pants. what's wrong with them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no unless there's some dess up mechanic that unlocks 40 hours in

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just give me an option to either have full biking shorts or full diver pants on rex. this bizarre half measure is insane

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

but it stays solid when docked? is it just some power-saving thing? thats lame

it seems to run at a steady 30 fps and 720p when docked most of the time, altho the fps sometimes dips.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont want to play chrono cross because the combat is tedious and the story is nonsense. Yes i real8ze im playing a single player mmo made by the ppl who made xenogears and xenosaga

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

an actual dog posted:

the gatcha stuff is really fun

i'm going to lob the cat accross the living room if i get another generic blade and not a buring spirits shonen/magical girl with huge boobs/2000 year old who looks like a toddler/the coca cola bear

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r460h4n9oI0

tim rogers win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

White Genocide posted:

this rules. translating september to Amathatober lmao

i noticed the same thing and also the implied prostitution that right i can speak this stupid language

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nia reads better and sounds better in english :c00l:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

ah man, IT was just raving aboutt his earlier. lmfao

its good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just killed a giant platypus that was farting on me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

clouds are basically sky puff balls full of water. makes you think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

poppi

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the grass looks kind of janky but the switch is two android phones taped together [double the power of the wii u!] so its fine

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It also gets pretty warm when in the dock

every switch game gets warm in the dokc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

at least it doesn't sound like an industrial vacuum like the ps4 tho i guess

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's trying to suck in other consoles' games since it has none

its actually cleaning up the competition thanks to hits like infamous 4 and horizon: zero dawn

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the fifth chapter takes place under the cloud ocean and it's rad

thanks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

huh, just letting you know that the end of the game is the final boss is yasunori mitsuda in drag and he says Actually, I'm Lavos, and then if you do 10,000 hours of merc missions you unlock pyra hentai

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shove me like you do posted:

It's also one cool trick to make speedrunners hate your game.

oh no

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Who in their right mind would speed run this game

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5k313a/wr_baten_kaitos_100_in_341_hours_20_minutes_and_3/?st=jb5h1j64&sh=73f7a7b1

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tinybuild, the publisher than got its start advertising non stop on gdqs and makes games with speedrunning in mind, also makes the worst games in history

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't understand why it doesn't autosave but there's no save points so i save every 5 seconds. i've also had no crashes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

There's this weird autodimming the game does in cutscenes? I thought it was my TV at first and spent a while looking at settings before I realized it was happening ingame and tested in handheld mode. It's really obvious in the chapter 2 cutscene "the color emerald". Why would they do that.

i neither know, nor care

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hatched a rare egg last night and got a guy who looks kind of like yoshimitsu from tekken

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

speaking iof which that mechanic is hosed bnecause you cant take poo poo out early and it automatically refills the pouch even if you dont want it to

you can also instantly gain trust with your blade by putting their liked items in over and over :cool:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

money is basically a non issue by chapter 4 so i buy all the deserts i can to keep my team on a constant sugar rush [all the deserts make your special moves charge faster.....yes!]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

lost hours of progress after a crash, lol

i've been cracking eggs becasue i have to many boosters from selling crafting materials to furbies who are chinese

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

at first i thought the furbies were jews, because of their love of gold, but as you talk to them they talk about making deals, buying on the cheap, and one of them talks about how they cook everything using high eated oil becasue it's quick and efficient. which means they're chinese

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've been cracking eggs becasue i have to many boosters from selling crafting materials to furbies who are chinese

anyway, if you cracked more eggs you wouldn't have this problem becasue it saves [no egg scumming]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

holy s hit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Did anything good hatch from your Wife Eggs?

i got boreas and zenobia or whatever her name is who wants to go around killing everything on rex from two consecutive common eggs :cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I have Boreas and he seems great but his skill unlock process is loving expensive

have you got gold cylinders yet? they're basically infinite money once you get them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't know blades do things when you switch to them. Where does the game tell you what those powers are?

Do you just get quests automatically from your blades after a certain point? I'm at the start of chapter 3. I had a moment of intense introspection after watching an extended conversation between two Nopon, kind of marveling at how Monolithsoft has made these puffball "Meh Meh!" creatures their primary nonhuman race, like their version of elves, and how mad and bizarrely confident that decision is, and how I am 31 years old and playing this game

blade quests are unlocked automatically by story progression and when you get merc missions. any ??? on the rare blade affinity tree is tied to some sort of even and eventually the game will tell you explicitly what to do on the affinity tree after a certain point, like a couple of pyra's and drommarch's ??? get filled in at the start of chapter 5 so u know what quest/cutscene/merc mission 2 do

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

What’s the best way to farm blade cores

some of the crabs/snails/whatever that appear during salvaging seem to drop common ones every time. if you fail the qte one shows up every time [make sure u don't have salvaging mastery on one of your dudes tho]

rare ones drop much more rarely :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I have her at 2000 points.

• Locked thread