Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I was just about to make a thread, this game is really good and XBC1 didn't grab me at all. I love how much new poo poo constantly keeps opening up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Here is , apparently, a mid/late game mechanical spoiler that I'm glad I read because it makes the confusing/agonizing process of deciding who to open Core Crystals with and when to use the rare transfer items a little easier: eventually Rex gets the ability to use everyone else's blades . Do with it as you will

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

bump_fn posted:

are the reports of performance drops / low frames in handheld mode true in yr experience

Performance/frames no but the resolution drops in some areas and I think the game tries to compensate with some filter that makes everything look weird and blurry. I've mostly played in portable and don't mind it looking uglier but YMMV. As long as there's no choppiness it doesn't bother me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

starbarry clock posted:

is this a game i can pick up and play if i havent played the first one i dont usually like starting series on a sequel

Yeah, I don't think there are any story connections , just some mechanical similarities and reoccurring monsters and stuff . It's a different world with different characters than XB1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

His diver suit is cool. And he carries around the helmet 24/7 but never wears it, it's gotta be destroying his neck

That's Gramps's house

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gonna get into some gooooood snow day gaming here in a sec

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's a lot worse in handheld than on tv

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

hubris.height posted:

is there a difference in the display quality between having it docked and playing while its powered / charging?

you mean while it's plugged in in handheld mode? yeah, that's not the same as docked. I imagine that's because even when you're charging it's still got to power the screen and stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

its actually cleaning up the competition thanks to hits like infamous 4 and horizon: zero dawn

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's trying to suck in other consoles' games since it has none

*murders you point-blank execution style using a bullet with UNCHARTED: LOST LEGACY engraved on it and then puts one in the back of your head that says DESTINY 2 TIMED EXCLUSIVE CONTENT for good measure*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

haven't played this since I bought BotW 😩 but I will again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh poo poo. That's quick and good .... glad they're doing balance/QoL patches , i didn't expect that at all for some reason

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't mind it auto saving when you use core crystals but it feels kind of hostile that that's the only time in the game that it happens, lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Did anything good hatch from your Wife Eggs?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i got boreas and zenobia or whatever her name is who wants to go around killing everything on rex from two consecutive common eggs :cheers:

I have Boreas and he seems great but his skill unlock process is loving expensive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

have you got gold cylinders yet? they're basically infinite money once you get them.

Not yet I'm still at chapter 3, I bought BotW and got sidetracked. Gonna dig back in tonight though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Saw a heart to heart today where all the girl blades got together and planned a girl blade only evening and called it Bladies Night.

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Patch day! Tiger Tiger easy mode got added and they improved the map (like hitting X jumps straight to showing where you are on the quick travel screen instead of bringing up the world map menu, and the minimap has more detail)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

picked this up for the first time in at least a week and got the sexy dog lady with snakes sticking out of her back on the first crystal i used. Awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Well I say end game but I have no clue how far into the game I actually am since the time play shows 150 hours at this point because of the time keeping bug and I don't know how much story I have left

it shows up as "55 or more" for you on my friends list which I think is accurate unlike the in-game indicator

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Going to need a name here theres just too many sexy dogs in this game

She's blue but then her feet are made out of magma like somebodys Deviantart Sonic OC

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow just realized you can run around in first person mode . Awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh I have a different sexy dog lady. Sorry. Mine has a fox snout and two snakes coiled around her neck area

Ah lol mine has a flat dog face and snakes coming out of her shoulder blades . Easy misunderstanding

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

in chapter 3 you can get amythist chips off enemies and it gives some weapons a 50 luck bonus which helps with hatching rare eggs, goon luck

Yow what enemies ?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah it's way better without wall contact damage but still not trivial to get a perfect. How do I unlock more stages? I got Stage 2 somehow but no more have shown up

edit: also are the Technical Manuals (specifically the ones that let you change Poppi's element) things you get in the main game or things you get from playing Tiger Tiger ? I have way too many Earth blades right now

goferchan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 25, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I've only seen them when they're guarding the Secret Room which makes up for it . but i'm only on level 2

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think Xenosaga was the first game I bought with my PS2 but I couldn't tell you a single thing about it . I never finished it . Don't remember Xenogears much either, I played it at a friends as a little kid but it was one of my first JRPGs and went over my head

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm sooooo behind everyone else but the big cutscene at the end of chapter 3 is some of the best anime poo poo i've ever enjoyed in a video game . perfect

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

b_d posted:

xenogears is cool.

I want to play more of this game because i'm interested in where the plot and combat mechanics will go and I paid $60 but it feels like I'm sort of slogging through it without even having 3 blade slots unlocked yet. like I can do all these special chains except i can't because my characters all have 1 or 2 blades. should I grind to advance story stuff or should I juggle equipment and blade stuff and try to beat these plot guys at the level i'm at. or should I give up because I don't actually have the patience for this type of game. $60 though

I can say that it feels fuckin great getting 3 blade slots unlocked at the befinning of chapter 4. I still want my full party though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

From spoilers I know that Poppi gets different forms later -- when she does , does it just work like an upgrade or can I like switch between them during combat as if they were different blades? I like her but I really don't like only having access to one element during combat. If it doesn't work the latter way I probably won't bother doing Tiger Tiger and upgrading her

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love the combat in this game but it's also making me look forward even more to Octopath Traveller because I want a Switch RPG a la Bravely Default that I can just mindlessly grind in while watching TV lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

That cutscene made me lol and also feel like maybe I like anime

I beat chapter 3 and then got a crunchyroll subscription so I could watch Joni's Bizarre Adventhre

edit: really got into the game in general at that point , I guess it's just having all 3 blade slots and party combos and stuff that did it. I bought it right when it came out and just sort of chipped away at it for a while but now I'm in chapter 4 and having a great time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

:doh:20+ hours in and I just realized that every character has a 4th weapon art that you can swap in. Jesus christ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love that rare blades have their own dumb team names and voice lines when sent on merc missions . This game is so weird and special

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah speaking of Bedtime Dromarch why the heck aren't there alt costumes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Why can I carry 900 copies of any given accessory but only 5 of a booster or 10 of a pouch item lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Good god some of these side quests are long . Just finished the one to get Vess and I swear it had over a dozen steps . Happy to FINALLY get a rare blade with lightning tho, gonna throw her on Nia along with my newly well-fed and pimped out Boreas (who is godlike now with all his affinity stuff maxed , I feel like it's impossible to die)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmfao at the abandoned factory boss fight against a giant funko pop maid while a Nopon doing a Dr Evil voice constantly screams in the back ground . This game is epic

• Locked thread