Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Any updates? Clutch broken in? Broken any axles yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

sharkytm posted:

Any updates? Clutch broken in? Broken any axles yet?

I drive the car everywhere I go and love every second of it. Nothing else has broken, it seems to be doing really well. Good thing. I've been really busy with a lot of other things lately.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

I drive the car everywhere I go and love every second of it. Nothing else has broken, it seems to be doing really well. Good thing. I've been really busy with a lot of other things lately.

There's not a big enough :D on the forums.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

I have driven the car about 5000 miles since I bought it. This weekend I went to look at a house I'm not going to buy and drove it up mt. washington.
Then I took it to an autocross at Canaan motor speedway, which was a complete blast.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Dude. You're just out there, living the dream. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but...I certainly wish I had done more poo poo like that. Glad the car's working out.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

chrisgt posted:

Then I took it to an autocross at Canaan motor speedway, which was a complete blast.

I think this is around where I hit the top of third and shifted into fourth. This autocross was FAST.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Hell yeah, Mt Washington is my favorite place on Earth. I'm glad you took it there

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

chrisgt posted:

I think this is around where I hit the top of third and shifted into fourth. This autocross was FAST.

livin the fuckin dream

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

This was a track day with some cone gates to get the speeds down more than an autox. We all agree we'll never do a traditional autox again. I really like being in 3rd gear and dipping deep into 4 for one stretch.

It was a 4 driver one car for total team time. They didn't have a ton of entries so they opened it up to a test and tune. We got a bunch of rally dudes and decided autox classing is dumb and for nerds so we dogpiled exhibition and just made our own class. The organizer enjoyed our bullshit and had some great banter with us.

I won the AM and on my last AM run I DRILLED a curbbing and almost rolled my poo poo. Off into the grass and had to sweep up the dirt I threw on the track.

Then in the afternoon our friend with some RS6 audi wagon cleaned up his runs enough to get a few seconds ahead of me.

We seriously had an awesome group and our fuckery and how relaxed the club is made for a great event.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm 100% with you. The only AutoX worth a poo poo I ever did was when Homestead Speedway hosed up and we got to mark the road course. Traditional AutoX is wheel sawing and figuring out cones.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

The Golf I bought for parts (https://i.imgur.com/cPRXykfh.jpg) had ecode side markers. These look infinitely better than the yellow ones.

The golf was tdi swapped (and had a brand new, not reman, injection pump 12k miles ago), had rear disk brakes, and a bunch of other goodies. It was too good a deal to pass up...

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 28, 2021

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Nice! Too bad it wasn't an 11mm. You gonna swap the discs over, I assume? You have the option of doing what I always liked: Golf front end swap!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

sharkytm posted:

Nice! Too bad it wasn't an 11mm. You gonna swap the discs over, I assume? You have the option of doing what I always liked: Golf front end swap!

I certainly thought about it. I think it's just headlights and grille? I have the golf stashed somewhere for now. I have no room for more cars here, but i should be buying a house and moving before the end of the year, then I can have all the cars in one place.

Yea, wish it was 11mm, but I am thinking about using the engine in a tracker or ranger or something small for offraoding. And a spare 02a transmission can never hurt, those are getting real hard to find for a good price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

I certainly thought about it. I think it's just headlights and grille? I have the golf stashed somewhere for now. I have no room for more cars here, but i should be buying a house and moving before the end of the year, then I can have all the cars in one place.

Yea, wish it was 11mm, but I am thinking about using the engine in a tracker or ranger or something small for offraoding. And a spare 02a transmission can never hurt, those are getting real hard to find for a good price.

Fenders and hood too. Which is good because the hood on the Jetta isn't great, paint-wise.

I'm amazed at the prices...I remember when 02As were $90 all day long because that's what junkyards charged and there were tons available.

https://imgur.com/KqmyqMD

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 30, 2021