Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Looking a lot like Rosa's going to be our winner, and it's pretty much down to these two portraits now barring anything dramatic.

We'll give it exactly 2 hours as of this post. Any Armstrong voters are obviously free to throw in their vote here as well.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Personally, I like the dark-haired portrait better.

Also, in a TT campaign, 5th edition, that I was in...we got into a fight with a dragon. A young dragon, working as a security consultant for the place we were hitting, and he gave chase as we were escaping by air. We knew we had no chance of any of our weapons actually damaging him through conventional measures, until we hit upon the concept that "his scales can't protect him from damage if an explosion happens inside him, right?" This lead to our rigger saving the day by remotely piloting an ultralight full of grenades down the dragon's throat when he went to breath fire at us. Sure, the dumpshock sucked, but better than being roasted alive.

We were pretty mirrorshades on our actual runs, while it was more of some runners' "recreational activities" that were pink mohawk. (See: the troll face riding around in a full-face gas mask with the street sam, cutting off the heads of Ancients gangers with a claymore.) And our mage was a constantly high stoner, but always managed to pull off the magic when we needed it. Miss playing with them, but scheduling was an issue, as well as (at the time) the routine cursing Skype for loving up the call yet again.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Kanfy posted:

Looking a lot like Rosa's going to be our winner, and it's pretty much down to these two portraits now barring anything dramatic.

We'll give it exactly 2 hours as of this post. Any Armstrong voters are obviously free to throw in their vote here as well.

cig lady has got personality in that portrait, they're both good though

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I voted for the ponytail portrait that apparently all of two people wanted. :(

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

If I was playing solo I'd probably pick the right one too, if only because it fits the wisecracking idiot kinda character I always play in these games. There are a lot of good snarky dialogue choices in this and HK.

But they'll both certainly work.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I actually just finished playing through all three Shadowrun games about a week ago. Came across the Returns LP too late to really participate, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. Dragonfall is my favorite of the three, so I'm looking forward to reading this LP. I hope Brunette Kira Nerys wins the portrait vote.

I just wish the modding scene for these games actually took off. I was really hoping for more campaigns.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Groetgaffel posted:

I voted for the ponytail portrait that apparently all of two people wanted. :(

You and me both. :hfive:

But i also have a soft spot for her DMS alt-version with the purple hair and all the skull tatoos. It is very "punk".
She even was my decker/rigger run. Some irony.

AriadneThread posted:

cig lady has got personality in that portrait.
That is a weird way to spell hipster. I bet her cigs are vegan.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

OutofSight posted:

You and me both. :hfive:

But i also have a soft spot for her DMS alt-version with the purple hair and all the skull tatoos. It is very "punk".
She even was my decker/rigger run. Some irony.

That is a weird way to spell hipster. I bet her cigs are vegan.

soycig

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanfy posted:

If I was playing solo I'd probably pick the right one too, if only because it fits the wisecracking idiot kinda character I always play in these games. There are a lot of good snarky dialogue choices in this and HK.

But they'll both certainly work.

A ton of them.

You can be the smartest man in Berlin, and still spend most of your time being taken as the world's biggest fuckup. Just before you explain the whole plan you're dealing with, to the last detail.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Cig-Mage has clearly had it with her fellow Runners bullshit.

She takes one last, long drag on her cig before flicking it into the corner. Blowing out a lungful of smoke, she summons the Magick.

Time to save the fuckin' day.
Again.

Morons.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Voting's done! It was close, but with 4 votes, cigarette lady is our winner!

Now to work on the actual LP. I'll do my best to deliver it faster than your average update, just so that we don't go for a week without any kind of content right off the bat. :v:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The choice between, "Done with this poo poo" and :smug:.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That portrait is the best portrait anyway. Cigarette lady is just so done with all this fairies and magic garbage. Shame about the character personality you had already chosen :v:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I dont know posted:

Germany was a huge market for Shadowrun since punk/cyberpunk was huge there in the 80's/90's for obvious reasons, and boardgames/tabletops have always been really popular there. I think selling well in Germany led to FASA producing a lot of material centered around Germany/Berlin. Which, in turn, encouraged both German and non-German players to run campaigns there.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

I remember thinking that there was a lot of the "future of the 80s" stuff about Germany that was written into canon during the early years, Berlin especially, when I read the 3rd Ed fluff just getting into the game, and then things changed a lot regarding real life stuff during the intervening edition changes and the metaplot had to roll on to accommodate it.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Prop Wash posted:

That portrait is the best portrait anyway. Cigarette lady is just so done with all this fairies and magic garbage. Shame about the character personality you had already chosen :v:

I can see her getting in interesting (but respectful) debates with Dietrich about hermetic vs shamanistic magic.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

I remember thinking that there was a lot of the "future of the 80s" stuff about Germany that was written into canon during the early years, Berlin especially, when I read the 3rd Ed fluff just getting into the game, and then things changed a lot regarding real life stuff during the intervening edition changes and the metaplot had to roll on to accommodate it.

If I recall correctly, it was popular enough that FASA's German publisher asked for and received permission to write their own original content. So there are (or at least were, this was 20 years ago during 2nd edition) official German language source books that never received English translations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Drive Thru RPG sells a bunch of German Shadowrun e-books alongside the English ones. There are a couple of Allied German States splatbooks from last year that don't have English versions.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also yeah, Dragonfall is my favorite of the trilogy, mainly just for the hub. Hong Kong finally gets to where they wanted to be mechanically, but I didn't care for the setting as much

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

OutofSight posted:

I bet her cigs are vegan.
Made by vegans for vegans of vegans.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

Also yeah, Dragonfall is my favorite of the trilogy, mainly just for the hub. Hong Kong finally gets to where they wanted to be mechanically, but I didn't care for the setting as much

Your avatar owns.

"Hell, I gotta lot of friends."

"...I don't."

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DeathChicken posted:

Hong Kong is really good, but it didn't blow me away the way Dragonfall did. DF being such a massive improvement on DMS in pretty much every area. Hong Kong had some good refinements over DF, but it was more incremental than evolutionary.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think the missions in Hong Kong are the best of the three. There are at least two you can do without firing a shot.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Aw man, I missed the final votes. Oh well, what the hell...

At least there aren't any elves.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

painedforever posted:

Aw man, I missed the final votes. Oh well, what the hell...

At least there aren't any elves.

Are you "coolguye"'s alt-account? :catstare:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

OutofSight posted:

I need to put these here, because I have to need must post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUplZNiZo0M&t=629s

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

OutofSight posted:

Ha-ha, no. I'm just short and nerdy. Therefore I have a natural mistrust of "tall and cool". And I have a lot of sympathy for "big, dumb and ugly" because I share 2/3 of their characteristics.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Is there something I'm missing in Anime Elf Post?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I was just about to say that if feels like most elf hate is transferring "what, YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?" to a fantasy setting... and hey, would you look at that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
coolguy really hates elves. Also he says "God Damit" so much it could be his trademarked line.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kieron Gillen said it best.

"Elves are basically 'What If Aryans were right about there being a master race?' loving Elves"

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

FoolyCharged posted:

Nah, hardest difficulty and it took me till the third game to realize esp was a trap skill.

You can make darn near anything your decker and be fine, you just might need to run a bit more aoe to offset your reduced aim.

Which I personally like because otherwise you couldn't slap all the cool new weapons on your mc if you want to do decking.

e: hahaha, I totally missed Geek, the mage. That's great!

I will agree with esp is a trap.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

To add some merriment until this game starts here's a weird bug I encountered where the game overwritten my chrarcter with one of my teammates:

Remember to save often kids!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

To add some merriment until this game starts here's a weird bug I encountered where the game overwritten my chrarcter with one of my teammates:

Remember to save often kids!

NO! Not two of them! It's the end-times Mr. Pritcher! The end-times!

I have never had that happen.

So Kanfy, how will you be handling speech options that require different stat points?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

I'll let it slide here, but let's try to save discussion about future characters for when we actually meet them. I know right now this covers "literally every character", but still.

painedforever posted:

NO! Not two of them! It's the end-times Mr. Pritcher! The end-times!

I have never had that happen.

So Kanfy, how will you be handling speech options that require different stat points?

What do you mean, like situations where there are several different dialogue choices with requirements? I'll just pick the one that's the most interesting/entertainment or shows off the most content, as always. Overall our build's going to be pretty much aimed at hitting as many skill checks as possible, so we should be able to see almost everything.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

You know what makes me kinda sad? I wish there was a version of the Dragonfall campaign ported to the Hong Kong engine, because the additional Hong Kong cyberware and stuff like Cyber-Affinity are amazing.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

MJ12 posted:

You know what makes me kinda sad? I wish there was a version of the Dragonfall campaign ported to the Hong Kong engine, because the additional Hong Kong cyberware and stuff like Cyber-Affinity are amazing.

Well, they did it for Returns, so it might happen someday

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there any good campaigns for Dragonfall on the Workshop?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Honestly they didn't seem to get really good until Hong Kong. That's when you start seeing things like Mercurial, and the entire Dead Man's Switch campaign converted to the new mechanics

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I liked Antumbra 2 (kinda) 3(a fair bit) the Cobblepot Caper and Nightmare Harvest. I think I reviewed these in the main SR thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Xander77 posted:

I liked Antumbra 2 (kinda) 3(a fair bit) the Cobblepot Caper and Nightmare Harvest. I think I reviewed these in the main SR thread?

Nightmare Harvest is the one where you can make a deal with a loving Dragon, right?