Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to say it (Pretty sure my post got eaten) but I loved the Returns LP. Definitely wasn't expecting you to start this so soon, so kudos for the last LP, and good luck for this one.

Anyway, for the character, I'll leave naming for more inventive people than I (Though I like Rosa) and simply vote for a Female Elf Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I always had a bit of a soft spot for Blitz. I feel like part of the reason people don't like him is because the rest of your crew have something traumatic or dark in their past, while Blitz is mostly level-headed and has a really mundane backstory for Shadowrun.

I will mirror how annoying the party limit being one below the amount of party members is though. I don't suppose anyone knows of a mod that allows you to bring the whole crew on missions?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
There's a few things around the hub that always gave me the impression that Monika wasn't exactly a stellar leader, but one of the bigger pieces of evidence for that is something we've not seen yet in the LP so I'll hold off on saying what exactly until later.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is one of my favorite missions in the game. After a lot of DMS forcing firefights, having a full area like this where social stealth was encouraged and you could talk your way through the entire area was a gem.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KataraniSword posted:

This is honestly the biggest reason I feel Hong Kong stands head and shoulders above DMS and Dragonfall - I'd say about 75% of fights can be totally avoided if you're charming enough and know the right things to say.

Going quiet is absolutely something you will be able to do in most circumstances. On the flipside, there's enough neat cyberware and good adept poo poo that you can go loud too, if you want.

Thanks for reminding me that I never actually finished Hong Kong and desperately need to remedy that.