Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Through might of muscles, prove yourself. Warrior.
And
9) I swear these are for when I forget my keys, officer: Only lockpick doors you cant find the keys to. chests are fair game because fuuuuck that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

I’m not sure I understand? Like if a key exists for a door I must go and find that key rather than picking the lock? That seems like it would require a lot of out of character knowledge (and also for me to have a perfect memorized list of all keys and doors in the universe)

Sounded good in theory. Mainly because usually I tend to go lazy and just lockpick sequence break through some dungeons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

Playing under the Atronach stone was like a totally different game! A really aggravating one. So ok, almost totally different.

Alright, I can think about breaking up some of the longer ones in the future.

Though to do that efficiently I need some kind of free program which can losslessly split a video into two files without massively ballooning the file size as my current program would.

Any recommendations?

avisynth. You'll have to learn a little scripting but it's quite good and doesnt have the sheer amounts of cruft most video editors have.
youll have to re encode the output afterwards which requires another program, however.

Theres a good write up in the tech fort iirc.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 18, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I enjoyed pelting a few arrows into a group then charging in with a two hander.

that was fun.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Commander Keene posted:

I suppose we now know why Arngeir said being Dragonborn might be a curse. Everyone has a reason to try to kill and/or manipulate the Dragonborn. The simple truth is that we don't know who's sending those assassins; it could be anyone.

Everyones had hired thugs sent after them by literal loving children.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poil posted:

Just so nothing will affect them. And whatever you do in that game will be long forgotten and irrelevant to any of the proper games and their canon. :)

Also so they can actually have morrowind.

Well the island that morrowind happens on.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There are some actually interesting books, and theyve made the effort to make a a lot of thise interesting books skill books.
I paused to read Chimarvamidium and I have to say they nailed the sort of casually strung together, mythical story telling of real life.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melth posted:

Believe me, they can be stealth archers.

I lost my last permadeath legendary no craft no stealth no follower warrior to a draugr stealth archer.
Walked around a corner and instant death to an ebony arrow from the ebony bow of a draugr deathlord I never even had a chance to see.

sounds like you werent LAASing
always be LAASing

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LAAS YAH NIR
(aura whisper, it's aura whisper)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 28, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its hard to decide who is the most competent character in skyrim is because no one has any agency to speak of besides the dragonborn, and everyones plans on using the dragonborn are incredibly straight forward.

Id have to nominate the forsaken for most competent faction though. Despite being dressed up as savage barbarians they were close to completing their intended goal of taking the reach until the DB came along.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 6, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bootcha posted:

So some mechanical questions, either for here or a travel filler:

In the Dragonborn DLC, are the Black Book bonuses worth taking as early as possible?

Well there is one that is pretty much the comprehension perk from FO3/NV, gives you an extra skill point on reading a skill book. Which for perfectionist players is probably the one to take early

Otherwise there are:
a choice between 3 powers that passively increase your warrior/thief skill effectiveness by 10%, and a third for mages that decreases spell cost by 10% and increases enchanting by 10%
A power that increases damage by 10% against the opposite sex, and you get 10% better prices, great for female characters, obv.
a choice between three once a day powers that cause you to spend no mana for spells/no stamina for power attacks/take half damage , for 30 seconds
a lesser power (pretty much a spell) that increases stamina regen by 50% for 300 seconds

The rest aren't worth going out of your way early for.

However if you are doing a hardcore run like Melth is, getting many of them involves a trek through apocyrpha, which is a min level 25 area with very dangerous and annoying enemies.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 19, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eric the Mauve posted:

The most valuable potions that are super easy to get ingredients for pretty much everywhere are blue flower + blue butterfly = conjuration/damage magicka regen, and salt + deathbell = slow

just hang around in morthal and the solitude swamps if you want to get alchemically rich and powerful
just making random crap from the stuff you find by the side of the roads.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 27, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'd chalk this up to the game having next to no variety for the player.
All melee weapons act the same, with different speeds.
All Bows act the same, with different speeds.
Spells and shouts are really the only place where you have variety of choice, you have your fire projectiles, ice storm (my favorite since its an easy aoe that slows effectively), hitscan lightning. But even then a very cursory review reveals the most optimal choice, and all the others are quite bad in comparison.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You can actually get to this next area outside of the MQ, theres a certain Dwarven ruin where you can find the sphere key item you need.
E:Its actually that you can get the Elder Scroll outside of the MQ and start the Septimus quest yourself

EE: i think im right but wiki tells me in wrong.

Anyways yeah that is Paul Eiding.
His distinctive voice bubbles through every few lines of dialogue.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 2, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They made and coded a set piece and by god theyre gonna use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poil posted:

That link spoils the rest of the game, including the entire dragonborn dlc. In case you haven't seen it.

Amusing, but it looks horribly tedious to play it like that. Just imagine all the time and effort involved.

Excuse me what thread we in again

:thejoke: im aware.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 12, 2018