Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Crane Fist
Jun 5, 2012

I can end a conversation
real quick

Anyone feel like he's phoning it in lately

I mean I just put more effort into that collection of links than he did into all of his articles in the last month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 22, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Anyone feel like he's phoning it in lately

I mean I just put more effort into that collection of links than he did into all of his articles in the last month

Yeah, I have to agree. They've been pretty low effort, and they don't really make a joke most of the time.

The Japanese box art is the one that sticks out the most to me, since it seems like wasted potential.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

i was going to get upset but it's the only front page article posted in the last week or so and the one joke he came up with was funny so good job Dennis "Corin Tucker's Stalker" Farrell

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

erhecktile disfunction

Lipstick Apathy

This site could use some more writers.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'll get you, I'll burn you, I'll crush you, I'll flush you down, down
The toilet where you'll spiral a-round, round
Ahhhh, tick... mmm tick tick tick

That Mega Man "article" was real bad

Crane Fist
Jun 5, 2012

I can end a conversation
real quick

It was terrible but not as bad as the Japanese box art one, which was an absolute nadir

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

The man wrote the Legend on Legend article, which is my all time favorite front page piece. I think he's earned a pass for life.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If I could have it back
All the time that we wasted
I'd only waste it again
If I could have it back
You know I'd love to waste it again
Waste it again and again and again

He's been putting out two articles per week now, I don't they all can be good. And most of the articles you linked are Video Game Article which tend to be way sillier and first-degree jokes than anything particularly well-thought out. Even when he's just running down a list of punch-lines, I feel the thing is validated enough if one of them gets me to smile.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I disagree with you on the SNES and GOTY articles, they were both funny and had some extremely good jokes. The tweet one was fantastic and felt like an old school front page article, but the Mega Man image was two jokes hidden between the words Mega Man and Mega Man.

Even if some of the recent Front Page News have been sub-par Video Game Articles, he's still a good front page writer. Everybody can have an off day sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

I'm personally loving the current tread in articles by all the wrters.

"10 changes to X that we implemented for game X"

X in game now causes "random words" to happen

It never gets old.