Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Did cool dude Jonny Greenwood do a good soundtrack again? That's what's important about this thing.

Even though Phantom Thread just sounds like PTA doing There Will Be Blood again, I'm looking forward to it, especially after the disappointing and pointless Inherent Vice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

therattle posted:

He did do a good soundtrack again. It's very different from TWBB, especially in tone and setting. That said, there a similarity with the very driven monomaniacal central character. He's not as rage- and hate-filled though.

I can see it, but if you cut the "extremely strong supporting female roles" from your description, you just described TWBB. I don't think it's not without purpose that DDL is back, and that Thread is pealing away the bigger cast dynamics of The Master/Inherent Vice, and just focusing one one Man and his insane issues. It looks like PTA is revisiting both himself and the Plainview, it's been 10 years after all, time to see what changed and what has grown since then. I guess I'm sounding more negative than it is.

I'm just really annoyed that it's only opening in limited release in loving February where I'm living.

Don't know what any of that means, but hell, I'm into it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Finally watched this one, and it was loving amazing. Easily his best since TWBB, and time will tell if not better. Also his most funniest film by far. Wasn't really expecting it to turn into Vertigo, but with Judy being a pervert too. Though if you riffing on Vertigo you best get weird with it, and this certainly does.

But Paul why did you cut this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmnU98uk_o

why you do this to me paul why

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 1, 2018

• Locked thread