Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

HPUAELP is just the shittiest
acronym

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

gobbagool posted:

Trump didnt decide Jerusalem is the capital of Israel you mongoloid, he recognized it as the capital that Israel has been using since the late 40s.

nice racism

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Blue Train posted:

I loving hate Clarence Thomas so much

quote:

The Supreme Court gave a death-row inmate a potentially life-saving reprieve on Monday because of racist comments made by one of his jurors. Keith Tharpe has been sentenced to death in Georgia for the rape and murder of his sister-in-law, but the court ordered a new look at his request for an appeal of that 1991 death sentence, reports USA Today. It's all because his lawyers obtained a signed affidavit years after the case from one of his jurors in which the man complains about "n------" and adds that after “studying the Bible, I have wondered if black people even have souls.” Tharpe is black, and the Supreme Court declared in a 6-3 opinion that juror Barney Gattie's views may have tainted his ability to deliver a fair verdict.

"Gattie’s remarkable affidavit—which he never retracted—presents a strong factual basis for the argument that Tharpe's race affected Gattie's vote for a death verdict," the decision states. The court's lone African-American, Clarence Thomas, wrote the dissenting opinion, which was signed by justices Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch. "The court must be disturbed by the racist rhetoric in that affidavit, and must want to do something about it," Thomas wrote, per SCOTUSblog. "But the court's decision is no profile in moral courage." He added that the decision "callously delays justice for Jaquelin Freeman, the black woman who was brutally murdered by Tharpe 27 years ago."
lol event Roberts agreed this was bullshit

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Who wants to talk about The Hawks Nest Tunnel in West Virginia, where an estimated 1,000 of 3,000 workers who built this tunnel dropped dead from silicosis, many of them right on the job. A large number were simply buried in nearby unmarked graves because they were black migrant workers from the south.

Management knew full well the hazards of the silica dust, and always wore respiratory protection during inspections.

Or how about Blair Mountain and the Mine Wars, which is the largest armed uprising in American history, with the exception of the Civil War. Over 10,000 miners rose up in armed revolt against the mine guards, which were the private police and military of the mine companies, after a widow and children (who has just lost their father to lovely mine work conditions) were thrown out of their home into the street, in the rain, to make room for new warm bodies.

The national guard was called in to put down the rebellion, but the lasting impact was the creation of the National Labor Relations Board and the legalization of unions.

Recently mine companies wanted to strip mine and destroy the mountain to erase all the traces of the history.

I could go on and on, but I just highly recommend watching Blood on The Mountain (steaming on Netflix).

Death to this lovely oligarchy! Viva la Cornbread Communists!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
HPUAELP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Murray Mantoinette posted:

HPUAELP is just the shittiest
acronym

Incidentally, this is the sound one makes calling for help while choking on soap bubbles.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Yeah, that happened a few blocks from where I work in downtown Portland. Sad stuff.

People here bemoan the plight of our huge homeless population here but swiftly reject any possible solution. Increase assistance and treatment services? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Build many more shelters or housing opportunities for people? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Provide financial assistance to those in danger of becoming homeless? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Hire more police to actually handle crimes or unsafe conditions created by homeless? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Provide materials to vulnerable homeless people so that they don't freaking freeze to death when they don't have access to shelter? You're not raising MY taxes for this! etc etc etc

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, that happened a few blocks from where I work in downtown Portland. Sad stuff.

People here bemoan the plight of our huge homeless population here but swiftly reject any possible solution. Increase assistance and treatment services? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Build many more shelters or housing opportunities for people? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Provide financial assistance to those in danger of becoming homeless? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Hire more police to actually handle crimes or unsafe conditions created by homeless? You're not raising MY taxes for this! Provide materials to vulnerable homeless people so that they don't freaking freeze to death when they don't have access to shelter? You're not raising MY taxes for this! etc etc etc

"every Oregonian/Reddit nimby " posted:

Id be happy to help but there is just so much waste in the government.

Where waste=anything that the don't see tangible immediate benefits.

Throw the baby out with the bathwater in 28 degree nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Portland is a neolib hellhole lmao

• Locked thread