Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

good lord this isn't hard. it's the vegetable that sounds like "pee" and almost always manages to escape the bowl as you're trying to unshell it, not to mention brits like to eat it "mushy" which is an absurd way to want to eat anything yet somehow so very british

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Is a pickle a vegetable or did it just used to be one?

if so my vote switches to pickled hogs feet

or maybe pickled watermelon rind

"hey let's take the trash part of the plant, the non food part of the food, and pickle it!"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

makes sense tho? you'll eat the best part first and save the lovely parts for dire times

pickles for dire times:

- pickled banana peel
- pickled dirt
- pickled cigarette butts
- pickled cereal box
- pickled pickle jar

Manifisto

the fiddlehead fern is objectively funniest, not because of its appearance (smoobles-colored tentacle) nor because of its taste (???) but because of the metrical qualities of its name. it's like a setup and punchline, "rat-a-tat TAT!"

cf. "know what I mean, VERN?"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

cda posted:

"Vegetable" doesn't mean anything. It's a social construction. Some things classified as "vegetables" are legumes, some are tubers, some are fruit, some are plants. This whole concept is insane. It's like trying to find out which is the funniest gender.

I am imagining a young cda patiently explaining this in response to a fruitless parental attempt to discourage picking the broccoli, carrots, and snow peas out of the pasta

• Locked thread