Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graa
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.graa.org/

The Glen Ridge Athletic Association is a volunteer organization, which sponsors, organizes and promotes organized sports activities for the children of Glen Ridge.
Maybe make a super popular early access videa game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

*doesn't have neck cartilage*

*let's Uwe Boll punch him repeatly*

lol Lowtax good on you for not being dead

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Graa posted:

Maybe make a super popular early access videa game.

Where are are spaceship drawings Lowtax? Scammed again!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

caps on caps on caps posted:

*doesn't have neck cartilage*

*let's Uwe Boll punch him repeatly*

lol Lowtax good on you for not being dead
Hey wait maybe that's HOW I lost my cartilage...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lowtax posted:

Sue him. He's a master of tax scams, so he'll probably even make some profit on paying you.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Lowtax posted:

Rich- i meant to ask before, do you sit hunched over a laptop when you work? if so, consider standing, put your keyboard on a counter, and the monitor high enough that your neck is strait or even looking slightly up. I ruined my lower back a few years ago, and built a standing desk that i've been using since. it was the best thing i could have done, after a few days of getting used to it, i've had no back problems since. you dont even have to be handy, they sell ones that can crank up and down now like this

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/787781/Realspace-Magellan-Pneumatic-Stand-Up-Height/

you just have to put your monitor(s) on something so they're at eye level.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gobbagool posted:

Rich- i meant to ask before, do you sit hunched over a laptop when you work? if so, consider standing, put your keyboard on a counter, and the monitor high enough that your neck is strait or even looking slightly up. I ruined my lower back a few years ago, and built a standing desk that i've been using since. it was the best thing i could have done, after a few days of getting used to it, i've had no back problems since. you dont even have to be handy, they sell ones that can crank up and down now like this

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/787781/Realspace-Magellan-Pneumatic-Stand-Up-Height/

you just have to put your monitor(s) on something so they're at eye level.

My workplace will immediately buy anyone that asks for one of these type things. THats how worried they are that people are getting hosed up sitting at the desk. Never bothered me after all these years so :shrug:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Burt Sexual posted:

My workplace will immediately buy anyone that asks for one of these type things. THats how worried they are that people are getting hosed up sitting at the desk. Never bothered me after all these years so :shrug:

yeah i always thought they were dumb but without sound dramatic about it, it's made a huge difference in my life. besides my back not bothering me at all any more (which hadnt been the case for like 10+ years) i had plantar fasciitis god i sound like an old, but that went away too, kind of counterintuitively, after i started standing all day. I pace when im on the phone now too instead of just sitting, my watch thing says i take ~16k steps a day now

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
maybe if you lazy fucks lifted a weight sometimes you wouldn't have back problems on account of not being weak as gently caress. not sure how you would work out your neck though, lowtax, maybe tape some plates to the sides of your head and headbang to some manowar.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
I would pay to have Lowtax call my friends and family and wish them a Merry Christmas on my behalf. It's called outsourcing but you can add a little flair to the message.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LordArgh posted:

maybe if you lazy fucks lifted a weight sometimes you wouldn't have back problems on account of not being weak as gently caress. not sure how you would work out your neck though, lowtax, maybe tape some plates to the sides of your head and headbang to some manowar.

Not having any cartilage at all is probably congenital.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Everyone interested in setting up some sort of monthly payment should just donate to lowtax’s patreon. I don’t care about his dumb podcast but I use the forums so I’m gonna do that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LordArgh posted:

like i said, never bothered me :smuggo:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

LordArgh posted:

yeah that's clearly why people have back problems, retard

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
stay safe uncle Lowtax.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

LordArgh posted:

ah yes, weight lifting

the greatest way to avoid developing any problems with your back, as quoted from a man who has likely never touched a weight in his loving life

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Pay attention to your core. Proper form. Eat enough salami. My friend.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

LordArgh posted:

Pay attention to your core. Proper form. Eat enough salami. My friend.

yeah and even with all that, sometimes injuries occur, moreso if you're not just a Gym princess and you actually do demanding outdoor activities

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The most popular core exercises, even with proper form, are still a fast track to damaging your back later in life. As you grow older, this is sort of just an inevitability. Back issues are 100% endemic to power lifting competitors or even normal non-competitive power lifters later in life, because it turns out that putting 300 pounds on your back and squatting down before pushing it back up is not a natural motion that you are supposed to do constantly for years, for most people. Like, yes, you absolutely should exercise, but it's going to cause you issues, and weight lifting is absolutely not a solution to having issues like that. It is, in fact, the opposite.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blade Runner posted:

The most popular core exercises, even with proper form, are still a fast track to damaging your back later in life. As you grow older, this is sort of just an inevitability. Back issues are 100% endemic to power lifting competitors or even normal non-competitive power lifters later in life, because it turns out that putting 300 pounds on your back and squatting down before pushing it back up is not a natural motion that you are supposed to do constantly for years, for most people. Like, yes, you absolutely should exercise, but it's going to cause you issues, and weight lifting is absolutely not a solution to having issues like that. It is, in fact, the opposite.

I pussy lift tbh.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Blade Runner posted:

I had to stop doing squats after I ruptured 2 disks. I’m sure my form wasn’t perfect but it’s a shame because that’s about the most efficient power exercise and my legs and rear end are the less for it

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Lowtax have you considered a $10 account upgrade allowing us to see how much money the site has made and how much it needs to survive another month. Or what exactly would we need to do to access this information.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Zoe posted:

Lowtax have you considered a $10 account upgrade allowing us to see how much money the site has made and how much it needs to survive another month. Or what exactly would we need to do to access this information.

A live-streaming web cam showing what Lowtax is eating day-to-day would probably be nearly as accurate. If he's eating vegetables and fresh meat, then you know things are going well. If you see him with pot of Mr. Noodle, get ready to donate. If you see him with a can opener and some Dog Chow, then it's already too late.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

A live-streaming web cam showing what Lowtax is eating day-to-day would probably be nearly as accurate. If he's eating vegetables and fresh meat, then you know things are going well. If you see him with pot of Mr. Noodle, get ready to donate. If you see him with a can opener and some Dog Chow, then it's already too late.

I'm sorry, this would require a coder.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Heres another unsolicited and likely unwanted opinion for the taxman- sell the ability to embed music into a thread page. first come first serve for the page. I know very little about how these magic tubes work but I'm pretty sure that would make bandwidth even higher so I dunno mark it up 300%

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Deadbeat Poetry posted:

Heres another unsolicited and likely unwanted opinion for the taxman- sell the ability to embed music into a thread page. first come first serve for the page. I know very little about how these magic tubes work but I'm pretty sure that would make bandwidth even higher so I dunno mark it up 300%

It can just be a youtube video on autoplay. No additional bandwidth.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There needs to be SA gang-hand thingy. Get some C-list celeb to flash it, keep the marketing underground.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

My friends and I love gaming garbage and would pay lowtax to play video games with us.

For weeks my friend literally turned on a gaming garbage playlist and fell asleep to it

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

There Bias Two posted:

Are you saying his lack of neck cartilage has something to do with his genitals? Sick, dude! What are you implying?!?!?!

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Gay Hitler posted:

My friends and I love gaming garbage and would pay lowtax to play video games with us.

For weeks my friend literally turned on a gaming garbage playlist and fell asleep to it

weird if true

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

There Bias Two posted:

Should of worn a condominium

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Consider the financial benefits of promotional product placement and corporate branding in your new film. Maybe even work it into the title, something like Fruit of the Loom House.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Stay safe and I hope it gets better, Mr Tax.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gay Hitler posted:

same here :allears:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Blade Runner posted:

Swimming is great for your back and core and it’s also v low impact.

Also when I say swimming I mean doing legitimate laps and getting the heart rate up, not flailing around in a kiddie pool in water wings.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm really sorry to hear that about Mama Lowtax. :( I hope she makes a full recovery.

I also hope your neck gets better.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just got in on that VPN action. Help the forums and get some VPN action with all the net bullshit coming down the pipe these days?

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Create a new forum called GBS Black, available only to subscription holders. It's exactly the same as GBS but the moderator roles are reversed, so everyone who isn't a mod in regular SA is a mod in GBS Black and vice versa. Higher subscriptions govern who you can probate, so a $7 subscriber can probate/gently caress with a $6 subscriber but in turn can't probate/gently caress with an $8 dollar subscriber. Start a bidding war for the ability to commit e-trocities and retire a rich man.

Edit: This might inspire goons to go out and get better jobs so you'd effectively be driving a stimulus and Making America Great Again

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

genesplicer posted:

Are you saying his lack of neck cartilage has something to do with his genitals? Sick, dude! What are you implying?!?!?!

He hosed up his neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Lowtax about to stream some garbage!

https://www.twitch.tv/gaminggarbagelive

• Locked thread