Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Erghh posted:

Any bets on Lagertha dying off this season? Seems like they might be building up to that.

Harald did become king of all of Norway according to history, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Double Bill posted:

This also makes it pretty unlikely that Astrid slits his throat while he sleeps.

She might cut off his willy though, he can still become king with no willy...

Historically he did have lot of sons, including Eric Bloodaxe.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Viridiant posted:

Well Athelstan also had an extended crisis of faith.

To be fair. so did Jesus.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

I'm curious to know what you do not like about him?

He is basically Joffrey.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

But Ivar is an rear end in a top hat. He's a dick and has been evil since he was a child murdering other children.

This was probably based on Egil Skallagrimmson, an icelandic poet who according to the sagas did the same thing when he was seven.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I know that in Ancient roman times that it wasn't an insult to gently caress dudes as long as you were the one that did the loving. Could be a similar case here.

Calling someone gay was one of the biggest insults in the norse culture and something that could cost you your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

unlawfulsoup posted:

I don't really know where they can take the show from here that is going to be really convincing. (Just spoiler tagging for the few people not aware of the history...) The logical endpoint is King Alfred beating the Great Heathen Army, since the whole B plot is sort of leading to that.

I will be really impressed if they manage to get to the battle of Stamford Bridge.

• Locked thread