Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Floki gonna trip balls when he stumbles on a monastery full of Irishmen in the middle of Valhalla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

Aethelwulf is the biggest cuck on tv

I'm not much for the whole system of monarchy, but between the Keyman fight and the last episode with our Bretwalda smashing in a dude's skull with rock, I'd follow King Aethy into battle. His personal life is his business.

Also, Hammer-viking has got to be one of Old Man Valhalla/Santa Viking sons. That's my head-canon anyways.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Halfdan the Black being suprisingly okay with eating people was a good character moment.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I thought banging a transwoman was on everyone's bucket list, so the eating people thing stood out more.

There's a really good chance that the Emir's stable has gotten so large, his bottom bitch no longer has any clue which members of his harem do and don't have cocks.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I don't even care that the timelines are all fucky, Eyvind Lambi and Kettil Flatnose on a boat with Floki Three-Ravens is pretty cool.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Dalael posted:

So these 2 are real historical figures?

Maybe, sorta kinda. All three actually. Floki Three-Ravens discovered Iceland, possibly. Kettil Flatnose supposedly carved a kingdom out of Argyll in Scotland, the Isle of Mann and most of south-east Ireland from around the Dublin area and along the coast. Could have been father in law to Olafr the White and grand-dad of Thorsteinn the Red, both also cool dudes. Eyvind could have been an amazing poet and singer who spent most of his life sticking his finger in King Haraldr's eye, until the King eventually had him murdered.

Real? No clue, but they're part of history none the less.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Floki and Eyvind are only in the sagas. Kettil (or a bunch of people with really similar names) shows up in a lot of other 'historical' texts from the period, but whether Kettil, Caitil and Catol are all the same person is up for debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's the major trade hub for all of norway

plus, rollo grudges with the best of them.

• Locked thread