Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I'm rooting for Aethelwulf but I don't think he will ever find happiness. Also Jonathan Rhys Meyers is way too handsome and he looks ridiculously out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

My prediction is that Bjorn becomes the holy roman emperor by the end of the season

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Viridiant posted:

Bishop Heahmund. He's based on a real Heahmund that I can't find much information on. According to an interview I read a while ago he was partially created as a response to Christian viewers who were upset that there wasn't a strong Christian on the show which I don't entirely get considering how devout Aethelwulf is and how much he's improved over the years.

Aethelwulf is the biggest cuck on tv

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I want to see those Russian norsemen the arab guy was talking about.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I know that in Ancient roman times that it wasn't an insult to gently caress dudes as long as you were the one that did the loving. Could be a similar case here.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Al wants Deadwood to be a real town with respectable and experienced people in leadership positions so that the loving cocksucking government doesn't come in and gently caress everything up when they come in to annex the whole thing.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at Dec 26, 2017 around 02:24

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I watched the first episode of Knightfall and it will be my last

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

There's another vikings show called The Last Kingdom that's all about Alfred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4enGL-yPiI

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Ivar walking around with one cane is ridiculous

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

With Alfred becoming King, this show is encroaching on The Last Kingdom territory. I hope they introduce a character named Uhtred.

In The Last Kindom, the protagonist Uhtred kills Ubba, Ragnar's son. Someone also mentions that Ubba's brother, a guy named Ivar, has been killed in Ireland. There's also a King Ecbert in one of the early episodes but he is not respected, has zero speaking lines, and is considered a puppet for the Danes.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 08:27

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I thought Kattegat was a lovely town with crap farmlands.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I saw some discussion about Ivar walking around elsewhere. I think we are seeing it from his perspective, or how he wants something to be. It's a fantasy. It's like how Halfdan had visions of the desert during the battle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

The Last Kingdom has much better battles and interesting cinematography. There was one battle that was all POV and in one take. You see them do cool strategies too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Wafflecopper posted:

You also see the Mary Sue protagonist jump over the enemy shield wall and solo their entire back line

They haven't done anything like that in season 2. He also gets taken down a few pegs and isn't all-powerful anymore.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I saw it a while ago but I don't recall the british fighting very much. It was mostly the Danes fighting each other, if you count Uhtred as a Dane. In the second season the Brits and invaders are starting to integrate together with many of the invaders converting to Christianity.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I think the direction is clearly Alfred vs. Ivar from here on out. They alluded to it earlier when Alfred beat Ivar in a game of chess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

The brother decided to step down. Probably hurt his pride that his mom called him a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I hope we get to see Uhtred son of Uhtred show up.

Bjorn's battle makeup looks terrifying too.

• Locked thread