Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Mushika posted:

Kinda a problem of mine.

ur good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

If you're not posting about the successes of a resistance against a genocidal apartheid regime, you're part of the problem.

e: that sounded much better in my head than it did in practice

Mushika has issued a correction as of 09:24 on Dec 5, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It genuinely feels like Hezbollah has significantly upped it's activities since the end of the ceasefire, there's almost a constant stream of news of them attacking israeli positions, barracks, outposts, forts etc. all day.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol Hamas had Spies in the IDF who gave them detailed layouts of IDF Bases and Positions

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1731958651085037947?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FirstnameLastname posted:

its funny when people misread the tone and think people will gently caress em up if they don't do the right thing but actually they could post the aliens looking at that guys dick

some people think CSPAM is a place that you'll get mercilessly owned, but we're usually pretty nice.

ALRIGHT IDIOT HELL FUCKER:

FirstnameLastname posted:

i wasn't talking about palestine, although i wouldn't consider them conquered, to me that's when a people are either totally subsumed or assimilated or destroyed, palestine isn't any of those, they're in a lovely position where they have a lot of their economic potential sabotaged or outright blown up and a bunch of their land is occupied, but they're not conquered at all

but i was talking about preclassical people when they started doing that, like anywhere you look once there's agriculture there's conquerors it's a product of farming , it allows land to sustain more people than otherwise but ties them to it and and makes every little bit valuable and the combination just kind of makes it unavoidable

like you might avoid it for a generation or three but without anything to stop it from happening you'll get people conquering stuff because they perceive a weakness or a threat and over time you get what happened in central/south america, north africa, china, central asia, india, europe, wherever people farmed stuff and had the opportunity really. the ones that didn't do that got conquered

going by that definition, england didn't even completely conquer wales.

it sounds like you're saying conflict in a world of limited resources is inevitable, but that's not the same thing as a complete victory or even necessarily that you need to resort to force to resolve it. like, china needs iron ore from australia but... they can just buy it rather than invading us.

tbh i don't really get the point you're trying to make.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Watch it have been janitorial staff not some grand infiltration.

Phrasing it this way is going to make some insane rando with more guns than sense blast away the nearest person they think is a little too arab.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

lol Hamas had Spies in the IDF who gave them detailed layouts of IDF Bases and Positions

hell yes make the idf paranoid about traitors in their ranks

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Phigs posted:

Man I wish Hamas had solid Anti-Air capabilities. This would be an entirely different conflict.

Some state actor could flood the zone with MANPADs to make Gaza Afghanistan 2

this post sucks but you fuckers were posting Neanderthal game theory a page or two back

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
I believe hamas are capable of running sophisticated kompromat operations, but I have no clue what you could even extort an israeli with.

"we have photos of you."

"dersh's birthday! roman even showed up! can I get some copies?"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel is losing so hard they've cancelled letting their citizens return to the settlements on January 1st:-

=====================================

Urgent | Israeli Channel 12, on the authority of the Eshkol Council Chairman: Cancellation of return to homes on January 1 in light of assessments of the situation

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1731966595512074575?s=20

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

In a recent press conference, Netanyahu was asked to comment on a poll where 32% of people said they believe that certain officials within the security establishment knew about the October 7th attack ahead of time and were even involved in orchestrating them. He didn't say he believed it too but his response was kinda strangely worded, just "there was no conspiracy". Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it feels like he didn't want to outright say "no, nobody in the government or military was involved in this".

With how much buzz there is about traitors causing the attack, and how Netanyahu doesn't fully turn away from it (especially in regards to his accusations that the reservists who protested against him earlier this year are partially to blame for what happened), coupled with general Israeli paranoia, it's tough to tell if stuff like this is legit or propoganda preparing the ground for an attempted purge of "traitors", that is, certain Israeli officials' political enemies. Possibly both?

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

boo boo bear posted:

I believe hamas are capable of running sophisticated kompromat operations, but I have no clue what you could even extort an israeli with.

*Hamas member slides a buff folder across the desk, the IDF soldier opens it with trembling hands*

"Here's a photo of you, sharing food with friends and family before filling your own belly... this next item is an audio recording of you prefacing a question with "Excuse me,"... and yes... if you turn to the back I think you'll recognise the handwriting on this .pdf printout. Half-elf Druid is it? Well, if you ever want to see Level 5 you'd better start talking."

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also Hobbes apparently became famous for literally making random poo poo up and declaring it a universal unassailable truth of the universe, and spend decades having a meltdown when people pointed out what he was doing.

Hobbes' pessimism is more of articulation of the elite panic that runs through the highest stratum of society any time there is a crisis. It's not an actual reflection of how the vast majority of people behave.

Most people spontaneously pull together during a crisis, sharing resources and helping the most needy. Classic examples of this in the US are people spontaneously developing shelters and search and rescue during the 1906 San Francisco and 1964 Anchorage Earthquakes, or people helping evacuate from Hurricane Katrina.

However, as soon as the elites panic, all spontaneity is squelched. The authorities move in with armed men pointing guns in all directions to enforce Order and end looting. And the result is supplies stop moving to the most needy, search and rescue slows down and those trapped by the disaster are allowed to die. And in the worse case scenario, civilians get gunned down by armed mobs deputized by the elites to use deadly force.

So in comparison to the current crisis, the Gazans have held themselves admirably, supporting each other win this moment of darkness. Instead, multiple strains of panic and elite panic are running through Israeli society, as they see the Gazans resisting they only become more vindictive and genocidal. And now they are gunning each other down in the street, accusing each other of being Arabs.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
catch 22: apartheid or anti-semitism

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

crepeface posted:

tbh i don't really get the point you're trying to make.

idk either lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

israeli admitted dead since this morning rises to 5 soldiers killed dozen wounded

=========

The Israeli Army: Two Israeli soldiers were killed in the battles in the Gaza Strip, bringing the number to five since the morning

Urgent | The Israeli Army: Two Israeli officers, including a deputy company commander, were killed in the Gaza battles, bringing the army’s death toll today to 5.

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1731978262270661048?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Wouldn’t you expect part of Hamas having excellent intel before Oct 7 is actually all the data they get from sympathetic support personnel? It sounds like you don’t have a lot of Israelis cleaning toilets or hauling heavy stuff. Even if they aren’t Palestinian they could be sympathetic.

I’ve actually wondered if they were able to knock out the Israeli networks instantly on Oct 7 was info from whomever laid all that ethernet. It was probably an Israeli with security clearances who got the contract but it doesn’t mean they crawled around running or digging cables. Especially how lazy and half rear end we’ve seen so many things.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

FuzzySlippers posted:

Wouldn’t you expect part of Hamas having excellent intel before Oct 7 is actually all the data they get from sympathetic support personnel? It sounds like you don’t have a lot of Israelis cleaning toilets or hauling heavy stuff. Even if they aren’t Palestinian they could be sympathetic.

I’ve actually wondered if they were able to knock out the Israeli networks instantly on Oct 7 was info from whomever laid all that ethernet. It was probably an Israeli with security clearances who got the contract but it doesn’t mean they crawled around running or digging cables. Especially how lazy and half rear end we’ve seen so many things.

I would think Hamas would know where those remote sniper positions were due to them being visible from the border and famously being used to murder nonviolent protestors a few years back.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Urgent | The Israeli Army: Two Israeli officers, including a deputy company commander, were killed in the Gaza battles, bringing the army’s death toll today to 5.

wonder if this is the replacement for the guy whos company refused to go back to gaza

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

The IDF is trying to flood the tunnels, apparently.

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1731894483623538927?t=EzZr8M68q_kEcKFVCCnT9g&s=19

quote:

The Wall Street Journal reported at night (between Monday and Tuesday) that Israel installed a system of large water pumps to flood Hamas' tunnel network under the Gaza Strip with seawater - a move that may completely destroy the terrorist organization's underground infrastructure and force the terrorists to leave. According to the report, the system in question consists of at least five pipes that can pump hundreds of thousands of liters of water from the Mediterranean sea - however, a decision hasn't been made yet in Israel regarding whether to activate it.

The Wall Street Journal also reported that according to American officials, the plan is still being debated and the Biden administration warned Jerusalem that activating the system could jeopardize sewage infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and damage underground reservoirs of fresh water.

An American official was quoted in the report saying that "We are not sure how successful the pumping will be, since nobody knows the details of the tunnels and the soil around them. We can't tell if it'll be useful because we don't know how sea water will drain through tunnels that no one has ever been in before."

:thunk:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

bobtheconqueror posted:

I would think Hamas would know where those remote sniper positions were due to them being visible from the border and famously being used to murder nonviolent protestors a few years back.

it sounded like they took out network connections in addition to hitting guard towers and such with heavy ordinance. Like one of the articles mentioned that at the further out monitoring stations all the cam feeds got cut and the amazingly trained and motivated staff shrugged it off as network trouble.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

theyve said multiple versions of this for two months, nerve gas, silly putty, etc. they keep releasing different different cartoon plans for psychological warfare reasons without ever actually achieving anything

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

everything I've known about tunnel warfare tells me this won't work.

quote:

The Wall Street Journal also reported that according to American officials, the plan is still being debated and the Biden administration warned Jerusalem that activating the system could jeopardize sewage infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and damage underground reservoirs of fresh water.

cool, just gonna gently caress up the water table.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Triangle Man, Triangle Man

Triangle Man hates Zionist Man

They had a fight - Triangle wins

Triangle Man

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

so not only do Hamas have Shadow moses their tunnel networks are bigger than the London Metro system:-

Financial Times, citing an Israeli security official: The word “tunnels” does not describe what Hamas created under the Gaza Strip, but rather they are underground cities.

the image in the tweet says that Hamas has a bigger tunnel system than the London Metro

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1731990194801299853?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

drat sounds like Israel should surrender then

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

theyve said multiple versions of this for two months, nerve gas, silly putty, etc. they keep releasing different different cartoon plans for psychological warfare reasons without ever actually achieving anything

Yeah, I remember something about filling them with cement, too. Seems like they're just spitballing ideas but not getting anything done.

I'm no engineer, but what would it take to even build a system like that in such a short time?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Triangle Man, Triangle Man

Triangle Man hates Zionist Man

They had a fight - Triangle wins

Triangle Man

https://youtu.be/LsAiCs66l40?feature=shared

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

boo boo bear posted:

"we have photos of you."

"dersh's birthday! roman even showed up! can I get some copies?"

Could probably just offer to cover their guard duty.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Yeah, I remember something about filling them with cement, too. Seems like they're just spitballing ideas but not getting anything done.

I'm no engineer, but what would it take to even build a system like that in such a short time?

also it doesnt take into account that hamas might have doors. and that the tunnels might not even be conncected to each other.

there is no victory condition here for israel other than the total occupation of gaza, we're two months in this war and they have even managed 15% of it and everything they have are empty areas. they even have withdrawn from most of their positions in gaza city and withdrew today from many areas northwest of gaza coty. theyre loving cooked.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lol how would they even get to most of the tunnel entrances if they can't move deeper into the urban zones in the north

The IDF is still chasing those magic technological solutions to problems whose ACTUAL solution is just having competent soldiers, which they don't.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the official israel casualty claims is 406 dead, 86 during ground operations, safe to assume its far higher in reality and theyre slow rolling it like they did with their senior officers who were killed on october 7th

:=======

‎The occupation army admits the killing of 406 soldiers since last October 7, including 86 killed since the start of the ground incursion into ⁧‫#غزة‬⁩

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1732000554501480471?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I feel like even if they could start flooding some tunnels, that becomes a position the IDF has to hold which good loving luck. There's also the likely possibility that the tunnels have bulkheads and drainage to deal with like actual flooding since it rains there.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Press coverage | Al-Qassam Brigades... announces the destruction of 16 military vehicles of the occupation... and snipers of two "Israeli" soldiers in Khan Yunis, Gaza, since this morning.

https://x.com/rassdnewsn/status/1731980826181587237?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

drat good luck finding those tunnels when youre dead nazi twerps

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The tunnels that are built by manhandling premade segments into position instead of poured concrete will definitely be watertight enough to flood

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I don't know poo poo about tunnel engineering but at this point Hamas has outwitted the IDF so much at every turn it feels easy to assume they've protected the tunnels however they need to.

Have we seen any proof of the IDF securing any tunnels at all? With all their graft app bullshit I'm assuming every IDF soldier has multiple devices recording poo poo all the time so if they had done anything worth boasting about at all they wouldn't be making PR videos about terrorist plastic bags or blowing up small utility tunnels they claim are terrorist bases.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So I was watching israeli comment show news translation on aljazeera, and the thing that strikes me is that one of the people they interviewed was one of the interrogators of Yahya Sinwar during his imprisonment, who lied out of his rear end to cover for his failure to read Yahya's Character.

According to every single fellow prisoner and israeli guard, Sinwar acted as the most moderate and meek of the Hamas members in the prison for 15 years, so that when Gilad Shalit was released the israelis agreed to release him as part of the deal because they thought he would spread Moderation in Hamas's Ranks. yet here we have the interrogator who claims to have spend 150 hours with him saying he's a rabid dog and promised to 'kill as many jews as possible'

The rest of the video is obviously the Israelis being nazis and saying they should just execute prisoners and such and claiming that Sinwar has an Ego trip or whatever.

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1731999359569400182?s=20

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Dec 5, 2023

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
We haven't see any convincing proof of any Israeli victory whatsoever. They've just been bombing civilians. (Because their goal is to ethnically cleanse Gaza and build strip malls there.)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Israel is americas cultural peer in so many ways in terms of chauvinism, laziness, self-righteousness, and cowardice but where these qualities in america are papered over with world-protagonist mythology, Israel seems to revel in how lovely it is

Like when a reality tv personality has BPD

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't know poo poo about tunnel engineering but at this point Hamas has outwitted the IDF so much at every turn it feels easy to assume they've protected the tunnels however they need to.

Have we seen any proof of the IDF securing any tunnels at all? With all their graft app bullshit I'm assuming every IDF soldier has multiple devices recording poo poo all the time so if they had done anything worth boasting about at all they wouldn't be making PR videos about terrorist plastic bags or blowing up small utility tunnels they claim are terrorist bases.

it's because the two instances that we know of where they tried to enter a tunnel entrance not only would it be a fake tunnel with a dead end it would also be booby trapped leading to the death of a dozen IDF each time when it exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
assuming the tunnel entrance isn't conveniently at the beach, they'll need hundreds of meters of pipes. who's gonna build that in a warzone? who's gonna stop hamas from poking holes in those pipes? and a million other things that are dumb as poo poo about this daffy duck rear end plan.