Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mister Speaker posted:

I hear this a lot but my armchair general interests have tuned out in the past. Is there historical precedent for the IDF being rightfully terrified of Hezbollah?

i lmao'ed after i watched a video series on the 2006 war made by some vlogger on bilbili

summary: pulling all stops on a national level and still lose to 150 guys armed at most with RPGs in a border town for an entire month

Palladium has issued a correction as of 15:41 on Jul 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
best IDF highlight in 2006: Violating the UN ceasefire for an offensive political face-saving PR stunt only for 24 tanks to become RPG ambush target practice for 11 dead 40 wounded. No one in the tank column even fought back lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
just following orders

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

how could our neolib'ed colonial cops can't learn anything from their utter humiliation in 2006

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Apparently the IDF trained with the Afghanistan army

IDF was neolibbed enough by 2006 to not afford training for reservists or conducting battalion-level and above exercises

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Has Israel started mobilization yet?

i heard their ultra-orthodoxy is a good place to start

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

it was just a humble rpg-7 that did the merkava in

also trophy is a grift lol

now imagine the rest of the west when this is the peak of western armor

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Al! posted:

how did an operation this extensive escape the notice of the idf anyway

when you army is ideologically designed around enthusiastically waiting for your next off day

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

crepeface posted:

this kinda argument is so infuriating because they inevitably go to "well both are bad"

yeah, shithead. but you haven't taken the same action or advocacy on the one that's an order of magnitude worse in scope and scale and caused the current situation in the first place so stfu

"I live in a country and votes for politicians who keeps giving an ethnostate a blank check. So am i actually the purest innocent guy on this planet?"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i cant believe chinese netizens overwhelmingly supports palestine

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Orange Devil posted:

This makes sense because PR has done so much for them in the past.

remember when they said hez would be crushed like a bug once the IDF went all in into lebanon

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

FrancisFukyomama posted:

didn’t the IDF get its rear end kicked when it last fought a major military op in 2006 Lebanon?
they have some pretty insane PR guys to keep up their image as super soldiers when all they’ve done since is play camp guard

the current crop of russian "losers" are supersoldiers versus the 3 IDF brigades (including the "best" golani brigade) who couldn't take a town (bint jbeil) just 1km away from the border defended by only 150 hez militamen for a month

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mcmagic posted:

One of the cool things about isreali society is this giant bloc of fundies who are the most bloodthirsty reactionaries and empower the most bloodthirsty political leaders and they keep having a million kids who don't have to serve in the army lol

lol they aren't thinking very far don't they

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Palestinian children?
pregnant Palestinian women?
disabled Palestinians?
look I agree it's not good to kill those people. it's never good to kill anyone, but I draw the line at my pure white perfect beautiful blonde raver princess who got thrown to the rape-crazed dusky mohammedan hordes with crazed eyes and sweat slick skin muscles bulging and glistening in the im sorry what were we talking about?

but-but-but i have no agency at raving at the gaza strip border

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Feels Villeneuve posted:

non-military soldiers

weird way to spell coward

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ikanreed posted:

"Non-military soldiers" is some real first world country doublespeak.

we are military when we chopper down into villages minigunning down fleeing afghans and non-military when they shoot back

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

wait a min didnt all those china watchers™ said he was killed by poohbear xi

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

dude where were you 17 years ago

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

FizFashizzle posted:

wild how Hamas decided to use it's NK Missile to blow up their own hospital.

the iraqi baby incubators did it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
A weapon that surpasses powell's vial of laundry powder

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Owlbear Camus posted:

someone should decide to impress jodie foster the old fashioned way again

X keeps showing that fugly 40 marvel AI'ed faces ad over and over lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

err posted:

Do you think Israel + America is afraid to go into Gaza because of retaliation regionally/globally?

geopolitical wise, china will be lmao'ing if america gets bogged down militarily in the ME again

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
in my new china watcher report, this is why china saying empty opportunistic geopolitical slogans for palestine is worse than america giving blank checks to israel for half a century

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
lol IIRC mossad in 2006 was correct at concluding the air campaign against hez was completety ineffective but the govt and IDF didn't listen and followed up with the humiliating invasion

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

IDF having to beg online for money for helmets lmao

help all my money was spent on the airforce i cant budget this

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mdemone posted:

whoa

that's not business as usual

lol someone is scared after the houthis outshot and depleted their destroyer at a combined cost of less than one of their missiles

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

VoicesCanBe posted:

That's exactly what it is, Israel is entirely reacting with fascist bloodlust. Within like a day they were bombing Hezbollah and Syria for no discernable reason. They've now resorted to bombing -yes, bombing - the West Bank, which has no Hamas presence. Israel is utterly hysterical and reacting like a feral monster.

The phrase in that thread I posted yesterday is apt: strategic paralysis. The US is in a similar position where they have no idea how to handle the situation.

weird how the neolib armies don't want do anything more dangerous than riskfree colonial policemen duty

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

crepeface posted:

idk if you're saying this, but i don't think we should just say israel as crazy with bloodlust.

it is a settler-colonial state where the in-group is a minority. they need to project superiority if not supremacy and having no good strategic options is probably making them overcompensate and bomb everything

there's also bibi's position in the internal israeli politics and the different political factions he's beholden to to keep him out of jail like the super religious guys

it's all very understandable tho still stupid. basically, i'm trying to say that so many seemingly irrational national decisions can be understood when you look at who's sitting at the levers of power and how those levers of power are connected to the political machinery

making that work on top of an military filled to the brim with cowards for all sorts of reasons

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

wtf i like israel now

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

we can't pay for airfare, all our billions here were spent on air-conditioning in iraqi fortified zone

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Grem posted:

Anyone got that gif if the United States consistently being awful about votes in the UN? Like its a world map and the US is the only one voting no on all the poo poo the whole world agrees about.

"nazism actually good" stars and stripes with blue-yellow

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Soggy Muffin posted:

Hoping when I wake up tomorrow there is news of catastrophic IDF losses, well maybe except for that soldier with Down syndrome, he’s ok

vietnam tents and grenades flashbacks

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've put it before; even besides how American favours are worth less and less as the neoliberal order collapses from hollowing itself out, American foreign policy is increasingly nakedly predatory and narcissistic to the point where there's often not even any incentive to comply anymore, because they'll gently caress you over for any reason anyway no matter what you've done for them. Like Vince McMahon. Or Trump.

nordstream was the last straw

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

30.5 Days posted:

wait so even the foothold they took before is abandoned?

hey look the IDF is fighting a force backed by NATO's blank checks

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dokapon Findom posted:

Leave it to your imagination as to why there's no need. May as well say there'll be rabbits

i seen better scams directed to my phone

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Maya Fey posted:

sinister news from China

nazism is when you dont like genocidal zionists

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

VomitOnLino posted:

Wait what? The baby was COOKED? I thought it was BAKED?
Please get your recipe straight for fucks sake I have to go to the supermarket again...

I only trust charred babies in WMD incubators

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dr. VooDoo posted:

HAMAS is strapping babies together to create rockets and are firing the baby rockets into hospital maternity wards to blow up more babies

what if we strapped HAMAS babies onto HIMARS

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't Canada the country that just applauded a literal member of SS Galicia? :thunk:

the even funnier thing everyone forgets is zelensky was also right loving there applauding him lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

VoicesCanBe posted:

The strategy I'm expecting them to unveil pretty soon is "Russia is organizing these protests".

"we can't help but forced to lose to drumpf again"